The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

About the latest version of the game

action9000 · 945 · 76383

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe Dr. Shrinker shrank down Spike.  

You folks likely have no idea who Dr. Shrinker is.  Only someone my age would.  I found an intro that gives those interested the basic info.  It was part of a show back in the 70's.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAxPNais54Y

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:lol

Well I'm having nothing but trouble trying to switch out the cube for the actual models! :p

I might need more time than expected to get this working.  Please bear with me! :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No hurry.  Better to take extra time and be careful then to rush.

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
no rush dude, we're not putting any deadlines on your work

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
And great praise to Razzie :)
Thanks a lot for all the work with the models for the game :yes

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well I'm still having model problems but I PM'd Razzie and we're working on yet another theory to fix it. :p

In the meantime though, I completely rewrote the camera code.  The result is that you can now look straight up and down.  The camera also now uses less CPU power, less memory, has much more reliable control and this change fixes a very annoying "flickering" bug that I was getting in the extreme ranges in the previous attempt to increase the range that the camera could travel.

Basically, it's just better, more efficient code in general. :p
(It's easier to read, too, so I'm happy. :D)

I hate camera code and I'm very glad to see this so functional now.  :lol  That means I can ignore it for awhile until we want to get smart collision/sliding working. :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm working on a functional options menu now, which will let you store data to your computer so you can reload the game with the options you set before.

With any luck, version 0.20 should give you the ability to change your controls (for those of you who kept picking on me about this! :p  :lol ) and save the changes permanently for every time you load the game.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, I just completed most of the options menu!

You are now able to save your options to a file on your computer.  This file is automatically loaded when you run the program so it will remember your settings every time you play. :)  There are quite a few nice features (enable/disable the startup graphic quality screen, mouse sensitivity, view distance, etc.) here that you'll get to see when version v0.20 is released!  

I juist got saving to a file working properly so now I can work on the next feature: Letting you configure your controls and save your changes! :D

[EDIT]
Yay! :D I got the program to load the controls from another file.  Pretty soon I'll have the control configuration options coded in so you'll be able to change and save your controls. ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey!
Just wanted to say, things are coming together nicely and I should have an update ready in hopefully a couple of days. :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update, but don't work to hard and remember to give yourself time to rest.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey all!  After a lot of new stuff and a lot of time, it's finally ready...

LBT RPG V0.20

New Stuff:

1) The beginnings of 3d models of dinosaurs for the game. Everything is in place, I'm just waiting on a few more Models from Razzie. Everything will be in place perfectly in v0.21 but for now we're all ready for it and we already have a Mr. Threehorn NPC who actually looks like Mr. Threehorn! :D

2) There is a fully-functional options menu. You will see a variety of options to customize whatever you don't like.  This took me bloody forever to code! :p

3) You are now able to save and load your options! The data is stored in files in the Config folder.  

4) The "Main Menu" and "Options" buttons on the in-game menu work now.

5) Added in some animations to the loading screens.

6) Totally recoded the camera.  It will now orbit a complete 180 degrees around you, allowing you to look straight up and down.

7) Beginning to work on the ability to configure your controls.  It loads them from a file right now but you don't have the ability to change them yet unless you edit the control.ini file manually.  It's not very user-friendly though. :p

8) Added a "Sprint" ability, which functions for any dino except the Flyer.  Pressing Left Shift triggers a 5-second sprint.

Coming soon:
The rest of the models, configuring controls and more abilities!

Have fun everyone! :D  I hope you enjoy where our game is going so far! :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey that's pretty good! Love the sprint ability(ya know how lazy I am :p) Options got saved correctly so that shouldn't be a problem :)

Guido

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LBT.de.nr
Hi,
A heve Probleme of the geme. The game doesen¥t Helb. Ich habe es runtergeladen, und es Startet zwar, beim Ladebildschirm st¸rtzt er ab so misst. Kˆnnt ihr mir helfen ?  :cry2

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Guido,Apr 1 2009 on  04:12 PM
Hi,
A heve Probleme of the geme. The game doesen¥t Helb. Ich habe es runtergeladen, und es Startet zwar, beim Ladebildschirm st¸rtzt er ab so misst. Kˆnnt ihr mir helfen ?  :cry2
I sent you in email in english and german, hope that helps you out :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Oh wow, great additions! I'm really loving the models, Mr. Threehorn looks fantastic :p

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, this is a really good update. I only hope we wont be waiting long for the next. :p
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.