The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

About the latest version of the game

action9000 · 945 · 76358

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ugh, nevermind, I got it to work.  <_<
Okay, I'll look into it some more.  Sorry about that!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, okay, I think I see what's happening.  I have a variable that's unstable; it's toggling TRUE and FALSE, which is supposed to be constantly TRUE, for checking whether the player moving into the water or out of the water.  
I'm hoping that if we can keep this value constant, it will fix it.  I'll play around with it some more.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, I'll look into it some more. Sorry about that!
haha, no problem. Thats what testing is for. If you ever need to check to see if the glitch can be done, just ask. I seem to have a knack for it :lol .

Guido

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LBT.de.nr
Hi,
Ich freue mich schon auf den neuen new Up date. Mit MR. Treehorn is good works. Funny Aril Cressy Up Date  :lol  war miss April scherz Crassy :smile

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Good update. I am only curious when flyer will be able to fly forward faster than he walks forward? Doing "super-jumps" is nice, but you cant really call it a flying.  ;)

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey All!
Okay, this *appears* to fix the water bugs but I would like to pass the official Flathead inspection, if you don't mind, flathead. :p

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...2YWI1aVozZUE9PQ
Put this EXE wherever you installed v0.20 and it should work properly.

And of course, anyone is welcome to try this! :D

I am only curious when flyer will be able to fly forward faster than he walks forward?
Technically you do fly faster than you walk, just not much faster.  
(walking is 2.5 speed, flying is 3 speed).

Eventually, the stats of the flyer will affects its maximum speed.  Since we're only level 1 at this point, flight won't be much faster than normal travel.  Higher-level flyers will be able to fly faster.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Amazing!  I've only played a small amount so I didn't really get to test much but I did notice something:

The big green rectangle, in case you missed it.  This has nothing to do with me being out of the map, I just took the picture there cause you can see the rectangle better from that location, it has to do with maximum viewing distance.  I set it to maximum, than this rectangle started appearing in the sky.  Other than that I haven't found any problems.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I just had to try this before I ran off to class, while running the risk of lateness :lol
Haven't been able to use it extensively, but I did notice something odd:
Mr. Clubtail seems to have disappeared while I was playing as a spiketail. His dot was still on the map, but I ran over it and around it several times and saw nothing. All of the other NPCs were accounted for. Just kinda odd. Haven't tried it again, so I don't know if it was a one time thing.
Also, the individual speech windows look great! Really awesome idea.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
While wandering around the map I spotted this:

I suppose it is a secret place, where all 3D-models are kept until the moment they are needed? :D
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anyways, now to some issues that i found. I don't know if you are aware of this, but if you hold the shift button, you can sprint "forever".
Known bug. :) Forgot to fix. :p
Actually I'm just thinking..is this a bad thing?  If you're running for your life, you don't wanna have to be watching your sprint timer as well to make sure you turn it back on at just the right moment.  Being able to just hold it down might be a good thing, actually....We'll see how it goes! :p

I suppose it is a secret place, where all 3D-models are kept until they will be needed?
That, uhh...would be me forgetting the program automatically puts a new loaded model at the coordinate 0,0,0. :p I need to figure out a way to hide the loaded models, but at the same time, allow them to be assigned to new players in multiplayer. Still a work in progress. :p

Mr. Clubtail seems to have disappeared while I was playing as a spiketail. His dot was still on the map, but I ran over it and around it several times and saw nothing. All of the other NPCs were accounted for. Just kinda odd.
Ah bugger, he's still doing that? :p  I was hoping I had that fixed but yea, it does happen on some occasions.  Grr, okay, I'll look into this. :p

I just took the picture there cause you can see the rectangle better from that location, it has to do with maximum viewing distance. I set it to maximum, than this rectangle started appearing in the sky.
Ah okay, I think I know why this happens.  I'll play around with that. :)

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
In game called Gothic 2 they hid the models in some cave. You could do the same (only you would have to block the entrance to that cave).

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In game called Gothic 2 they hid the models in some cave. You could do the same (only you would have to block the entrance to that cave).
That's kind of cool. :p
For now, since we don't have caves, I guess I could hide them 10000 leagues under the sea.  :lol

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That sounds really weird to me. I'm sure there is a way to stop the models from being placed on the map. For whatever reason they had all the models in that cave, I'm sure it wasn't because they were forced to put those models somewhere. Could have just been a funny easter egg that was there just in case somebody managed to find a way to see into the cave.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
You too are playing the Gothic series Myrkin? I've been singing the praise of these games to Tim ever since he started with this game project :p
It was kind of distressing to find the corpses of all those water wizzards in that cave one was never meant to explore :p

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 9 2009 on  02:55 PM
]You too are playing the Gothic series Myrkin?
Yes, I do. Maybe I will return to the colony some day. Once again. ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Aye, in some respects the first of the Games surpassed the others (e.g. they took much more care about water effect there). Did you play Gothic 3 too?

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah. I think the same as you about the first Gothic. Amost nothing in the sequels can compare to its atmospherics. (I hope I used the right term) :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, as far as I know, these issues have all been fixed in the code I have sitting at home here:

1) The water bug (I hope! :p)

2) Mr Clubtail disappearing (I hope! :p)

3) The green rectangle (I'm pretty positive this one is fixed. :p)

4) The "Secret" hiding place of all the models is gone (actually it's moved to millions of units below the water and millions of units away from the map. :p)

I'll also talk to Razzie about working out an edit for the Littlefoot model. :)

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What about falling through the ground in tight canyons?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What about falling through the ground in tight canyons?
Aye, right you are!
That is fixed, too....unless you found a way to do it in v0.20. :p
I did everything I could think of to fix that and as far as I know, I fixed it for v0.20.