The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I got a car!!!

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
That looks like a pretty obsolete car, action.  No wonder you're jealous.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha, oh yeah.
It's clunky, it rides rough, it leaks coolant And brake fluid, but it's not rusted out at all, it starts very well, and most importantly: It's MINE! :lol hahaha
Can't complain for $400 (Canadian :p )

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I can see why you'd be jealous of me Tim.  :lol:  Hey, it gets you from point A to B doesn't it?  That's all that matters....which is why I can never understand why the hell people go out and buy much more than they need (ie Hummer owners).

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Congrats F-14 Ace.  You are so lucky. I tried too drive paid about 800 dollars for driving lessons too and then I got on the road for my road test and failed about 5 seconds into it. I was born with this perception problem. I'm not sure how close I really am too something. After I failed I gave up there is no use paying another 800 dollars just too end up failing again with my darn Perception issue.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
tried too drive paid about 800 dollars for driving lessons too and then I got on the road for my road test and failed about 5 seconds into it.

$800?  Whew, that seems pretty steep.  I remember my driving lessons a couple of year ago.  They only cost approximately $500 Canadian.

It's clunky, it rides rough, it leaks coolant And brake fluid
Good news, I got the coolant leak fixed :D It costs too much to be always adding coolant :p

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Apr 11 2006 on  09:01 PM
tried too drive paid about 800 dollars for driving lessons too and then I got on the road for my road test and failed about 5 seconds into it.

$800?  Whew, that seems pretty steep.  I remember my driving lessons a couple of year ago.  They only cost approximately $500 Canadian.

It's clunky, it rides rough, it leaks coolant And brake fluid
Good news, I got the coolant leak fixed :D It costs too much to be always adding coolant :p
All right  I  was exagerating a little  bit . About 600 or 700 dollars it just seemed like I was paying more.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Lucky you! I paid more than 3000 Euro (roughly $3600) for driver's training until I got my license. In general driving is much cheaper in America. Gas costs about 2 Euro ($2.4) per liter (3.78 liter would roughly make a gallon) over here.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 12 2006 on  02:13 AM
Lucky you! I paid more than 3000 Euro (roughly $3600) for driver's training until I got my license. In general driving is much cheaper in America. Gas costs about 2 Euro ($2.4) per liter (3.78 liter would roughly make a gallon) over here.
 :o Wow! That's a whole lot of money. I could never afford something like that.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Gas costs about 2 Euro ($2.4) per liter
Wow :(
Our gasoline prices recent went up a couple of cents, to 96.4 cents / Liter in my home town...and I was thinking that was expensive.  When I first started driving, I remember paying closer to 80 cents / Liter.  When I was a child, I remember my parents paying as little as 40 cents / Liter, say 10 years ago.

I suppose this is one of the benefits of living in a oil/gas - rich location.

Right now, it's approximate $30 Canadian for a full tank for my car.  I love small gas tanks, hehe :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Well the thing is, if I go to England or Germany or someplace in Europe, compared to the US, their public transportation system is much much more developed than ours, so you don't theoretically need a car to get places as much as over here.  Everything is just so spaced out.  There are just places public transport will not go.

Last fill up for me....$23...but I also don't let it run all the way down to empty since you can get all sorts of particles in your engine that way.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Well the thing is, if I go to England or Germany or someplace in Europe, compared to the US, their public transportation system is much much more developed than ours, so you don't theoretically need a car to get places as much as over here. Everything is just so spaced out. There are just places public transport will not go.
That is correct, and I'm quite happy about our public transportation system. Nevertheless it does not spare you the need to go by car too. Whenever you want to go shopping (food and essential stuff) you won't be able to get it home via public transportation (well, at least not easily if you bought a lot). Also beyond short range regional borders public transportation is getting really expensive. If I wanted to go to Berlin and back to where I live it would cost about 160Euro for a distance of about 300kilometers! I think I might get a cheaper flight to London and back!  :angry:
Also the public transportation that goes beyond town borders is prone to be late. Sometimes it is more of a surprise if a train is there in time than it would be if the train was late.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
YAAAAAY!!!  :DD  :DD  :DD   I got in to driver's ed!  It starts May 30th at the High School in Townsend and ends June 27!  The sad thing is I'm going to stay at my dad's house the entire time so I'll be out of contact for the whole month of June.   :(  :cry2  :cry

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Do they make you practice parallel parking in Montana?  That was probably the hardest part of the driving test, and probably the most useless thing since I've never done it since.  -_-

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sadly.  Yes.   :cry2  :cry2  :mad  :mad