The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

WTF?!

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Whenever I leave this site, it automatically logs me out.  I find this very, very frustrating because this has never happened before.  :mad   :angry:  :mad  :angry:  :mad  :angry:

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Same thing happened to me :blink: Wierd.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
For the record, I'm doing ok....

I do see that we have a wierd address now...to my knowledge, invisionfree is moving boards around, and they will have a new name....so that might explain some login issues.

This is the top account, and I'm not getting logged out...I'll try as RogerRabbit and see what happens....

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
From the invision service boards:

We have scheduled a large hardware upgrade to server 7 for early morning this Saturday (May 20th). The timeframe for this upgrade to begin is 1-3 AM EST.
We expect the transfer to the new server to take ~4 hours. You will be unable to reach your board during the transfer if your board is on server 7.

If you are using a custom domain name on your server 7 board you will need to point it at the new server's IP Address. Instructions for this will be posted here once the transfer is complete. Until you change your domain name, your primary domain name will be set to s7.invisionfree.com/boardname/ so that your users can still reach your board.

The upgrade will improve performance and uptime for the servers. In addition, it will give us the setup needed to offer new features in the future. All other servers will be upgraded at later dates.

Thank you for your patience during this upgrade.

It has been pretty slow lately, so I'm glad for the update. :)  You probably tried to login when it was upgrading.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And:

The transfer is complete.

We detected a problem with the new domain name, so we are temporarily using the server's IP Address to prevent any downtime. We will switch back to the domain name as soon as possible. While the IP Address is in use you may need to log in again. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
About the only I see that isn't working at the moment is the fact when you reply to a thread it doesn't get marked that you read it.  I think that's only happening because they're using the server IP address versus the server name for the time being.  Hang in there....

I'm very pleased with the response time and speed of the new server they put us on.  :)

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
my board has a z in it too. huh I don't know. I didn't have any trouble getting in.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I had trouble logging in earlier and then, it logged me out after I left the site.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Dito; but meanwhile the problem seems to be solved. Does anyone still have the problem? If not, there is no point in going on about it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
In never had a problem at all, and it seems they've stopped using the server IP address so that's a good sign. :)  I think everyone should be able to get online without a hitch today.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
things look like they back to normal part from the name been changed a bit from S7 to z7 which is different but no more auto logouts

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Yeah, I'm back to normal too.  God! why did I even POST this topic in the first place?! :huh:   :lol:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
^ Had a legitimate reason at the time...we were having trouble. :p  I can't fix login problems...that's usually issues with the server, and about all I can do is go to the invisionfree help forums and see what the bosses are saying.  ;)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok, I am having a problem with the page here.  The background is all black and no images or icons are showing up.  Just a blank box with a small red x in the top left corner.  Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep me too. Somethin wrong with the image links I guess :rolleyes:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
As all admins of this board are vivid supporters of the concept of Feng Shui we unanimously agreed to make this board simpler by removing all images which are not content of the messages. We also plan to remove all emoticons, use a plainer font, and change the whole layout so everything is going to look like black text written one white paper.

:lol
Joking. There seems to be some temporary maintenance work of some sort for invisionfree. So the pictures are not there at the moment, but are most likely back before long (we don't have a time yet though).

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright.  I was thinking something was wrong with my computer.  One time something like this happened on Fanfiction.net and it was actually something with my computer and not the site.  :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Looks like they are'nt done yet.  Now I have the black background and no images or icons except for avatars.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
They just started working for me 10 minutes ago (check time of this post for reference).  Everything is back to normal right now.  Let's see how long this lasts.