The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

YouTube's new "Video has been blocked" screen.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
You will see this screen more and more often. As I said: RIP YouTube 2005-2008. Less and less people will upload videos in the future because they don't know how far they are affecting "copyrights".

My account I've been working on for 3 years will also be deleted in the future because of 2 copyright strikes, so I won't upload any new videos.

It may be better to just share your videos on archive.org.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
^
Nah, I'm just gonna keep on fighting and dispute their claims, lol. It's not like they're gonna take those seriously anyway. One dispute, and then BAM! It's unmuted/unblocked. :p

Less and less people will upload videos in the future because they don't know how far they are affecting "copyrights".
There's a thing called "fair use". :p

My account I've been working on for 3 years will also be deleted in the future because of 2 copyright strikes
My account got suspended once, but I managed to file a dispute and get my account back. That, and all my stuff is still intact. ;)

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
I noticed this a few days ago when I went to watch a video that had Nickelback song, and I was expecting that it would be deleted, but I didn't expect this. Just adding to the terrible new looks on websites, first wikipedia, then wikia, then youtube... :rolleyes:

But that's why I don't upload anything on my account, I just use it for faving, commenting, etc.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
I dispise youtube and their ways...
I'll have to try that other site that was mentioned in this thread.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I hate it when this comes up. I deleted almost all of the episodes in my favorites on YouTube because they were taken down due to copyright. <_< It happens sometmes on links I click on for video's and when I get there, they're taken down and that annoying little sign pops up. Oh YouTube, your so annoying at times.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
LOL.  I'd tell y'all how to circumvent this stuff, but it would be bad if I did.  As it is I can get by virtually any block or ban and I can even make as many accounts as I want on places like Photobucket, Gmail, and other places that only allow a few accounts.  I'm able to get multiple licenses to programs that only allow 1 license per person.  For example, Rank Tracker, a $100 program is doing a giveaway right now.  They'll give you a FREE copy of it, but it's limited to 1 copy per person.  I've already got 25 copies. :lol Being a computer guy does have its perks.  But I can watch anything on YouTube I want, even if it's blocked in my country and the best part of this is it's NOT illegal!  

Everyone's panicking because net neutrality is coming to an end.  LOL.  It doesn't matter.  I'm a hacker and pirate by trade.  The internet is set up to keep ignorant people out and they take no action against people that know what they're doing.  I'm surprised it took them so long to take down Limewire.  It is, after all, the computer illiterate person's way of downloading stuff illegally.  But anyways, strap yourselves in kiddies.  If you don't know how the internet works you'll soon have your hands tied behind your backs.  And no one is going to help you get past this stuff now that everything's going to shit.  Anyways, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, read up.  Otherwise it's gonna hit ya like a train.  We've known this was coming for some time now.  Big corporations are now in control of the internet and the government (though they've been in control of the government for 30+ years now).  Get used to censors on virtually everything and having to pay for every single thing you want to do online.

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
Sadly this is how Youtube is now :c I can't watch any of my favorite movies anymore. The secret of NIMH, the LBT, etc etc. Since google bought Youtube youtube has gone down considerably. Eventually it'll be dead and desolate. It's a shame </3

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm surprised it took them so long to take down Limewire. It is, after all, the computer illiterate person's way of downloading stuff illegally.
Too many girls I know use that crap as their music source. You don't really need it if you already have Windows media player as your music library and an Mp3 to download music. You may not need an ipod either.