The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When should we expect news about LBT 15?

Sovereign · 257 · 34261

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
The tenties are the time of remakes. Given the long break in the creation of new parts of the LBT, the next part will be just a remake, not a sequel. This will probably be a remake of the very first part, created in the style of 3D animation.  :rolleye The chances for a two-dimensional cartoon to appear in our time are very small.
Forever in the past.

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
The tenties are the time of remakes. Given the long break in the creation of new parts of the LBT, the next part will be just a remake, not a sequel. This will probably be a remake of the very first part, created in the style of 3D animation.  :rolleye The chances for a two-dimensional cartoon to appear in our time are very small.

Maybe...

I think a more classic "2D-style" animation is a possibility. It would be CGI of course, although I have to believe that the latter sequels would have been mostly flash or something.

The problem is that the existing character designs don't necessarily translate well to CGI. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

At this point I'm happy to see anything at all really! Actually, and this is funny, but what my heart really years for is another sequel in the style of those we already have, building on those we already have. I don't feel the need for a reboot at all.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I wonder what LBT XV be focused on? Perhaps Chomper and Ruby? To ensure they get their own film arch. I’d love to see Chomper’s parents return.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Same! Would love to see more of Chompers parents. And I haven't watched the TV series but I still think the question of his future in the The Valley is completely unresolved.

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Same! Would love to see more of Chompers parents. And I haven't watched the TV series but I still think the question of his future in the The Valley is completely unresolved.
Absolutely; would love to see further development of that plotline :chompysmile

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile

You actually have a pretty good point, focus on the other main characters, and you’ll create a good movie (just like the 8th movie).

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

You actually have a pretty good point, focus on the other main characters, and you’ll create a good movie (just like the 8th movie).

I think any storyline involving Chomper is going to have a lot of built-in-potential for emotion and conflict. On one hand, Littlefoot practically adopted Chomper and out of the entire gang seemed the most keen to care of him and to think of him as family.

On the other hand, Littlefoot also lost his mother to a Sharp Tooth, and there's gotta be some left over trauma there that I could imagine would make it harder for Littlefoot to deal with the fact that one of his best friends is actually an apex predator. It might make him uncomfortable level, although undoubtly he wouldn't want to show it, or even more likely, he might go into full on denial mode and refuse to reckon with it altogether.

Anyway, there is A LOT of potential there plotwise for a new sequel.

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

I think any storyline involving Chomper is going to have a lot of built-in-potential for emotion and conflict. On one hand, Littlefoot practically adopted Chomper and out of the entire gang seemed the most keen to care of him and to think of him as family.

On the other hand, Littlefoot also lost his mother to a Sharp Tooth, and there's gotta be some left over trauma there that I could imagine would make it harder for Littlefoot to deal with the fact that one of his best friends is actually an apex predator. It might make him uncomfortable level, although undoubtly he wouldn't want to show it, or even more likely, he might go into full on denial mode and refuse to reckon with it altogether.

That’s it.  You should go to Universal Studios.  They’ll hire you with a good explanation like that.

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

That’s it.  You should go to Universal Studios.  They’ll hire you with a good explanation like that.

Thanks!

If only...

CappyGaming

• Chomper
  • I love Littlefoot!
    • View Profile
Well, we still need a finale to the Redclaw Arc, since the cartoon never gave us that, so getting a fifteenth movie is a possibility!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Now that Ruby and Chomper (series version) are in the films, finishing the Redclaw arch would be possible.

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Now that Ruby and Chomper (series version) are in the films, finishing the Redclaw arch would be possible.

That actually is a really good idea.  I haven’t thought that yet.  I’m starting to wonder if this idea should go mix with the idea @LittlefootOnASkateboard thought of…

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

That actually is a really good idea.  I haven’t thought that yet.  I’m starting to wonder if this idea should go mix with the idea @LittlefootOnASkateboard thought of…

Interesting. Another reason to go watch out the TV series already!

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Interesting. Another reason to go watch out the TV series already!

Good idea…right after I get all the DVDs.  I know I would use YouTube, but I probably don’t feel like using the internet.  I rather use the PS4 then YouTube.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I still need to watch the rest of the series.

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
For sure. Everything is better on the TV!

If only Universal still did this on actual TV channels.  That’s one reason why 2020 was off to a bad start.

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Personally, I really wish I could have seen the original on the big screen. That would have been so awesome...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I was at a department store and they had a three feature Land Before Time DVD which included “Journey Through The Mists.” It made me realize how much I want to see LBT merch on shelves, which would require a 15th installment or a remake.

WinterFan

• I require darkness and sub-zero tempteratures
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
I would freaking lose my mind of LBT 15 was announced. I don't know if it will ever happen but it doesn't make any sense to me for Universal to do nothing with Land Before Time when there are so many who have fond memories from the movies and the sequels. Really seems like a nobrainer. Man I miss Littlefoot.  :lfsadface