The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Your favorite movies of 2011

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hello Gang!

I was just chatting with 2 friends of mine about movies they've recently seen in theatres and those which they would like to see, and I was wondering if the GoF could give some nice recommendations for us to watch in an upcoming movie night.

In case you want to give your mind a little reminder of movies which came out in 2011, here's an IMDB link:

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?year=2011...=moviemeter,asc

Personally I must admit I've seen very few movies this year, as it has been hectic and busy for the bigger part... But here's a list of movies I watched and how much I enjoyed them:
  • Harry Potter 7.2 ||| Being a Potter fan since I was 9, this movie was a must watch for me. Loved it to the very end, though as often said with these, the books are a lot better.
  • Thor ||| As an appreciator of old Gods and their legends I went to see this movie (with the knowlegde that it was based on a comic book). Very enjoyable :)
  • Pirates of the Caribean 4 ||| Jack Sparrow <3 'nuf said
  • Super 8 ||| I'm not a big fan of movies with a lot of moments where I jump from my seat, as it makes me embarrased... But the story was cute ^^
  • Bad Teacher ||| Not my cup of tea, but funny to an extend
  • Hobo with a Shotgun ||| Worst movie ever, so bad that it's funny
Those are pretty much all the movies I have seen :oops

I'm looking forward to see The Hobbit in 2012, and don't know about any other movies that I have to see next year. So what about you?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
All 10 movies this year in order from favorite to least favorite:

10. Transformers: Dark of the Moon-I already gave a review of this.
9. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides-I just found it to be boring, never really got into this series.
8. The Hangover Part II-Funny, though too similar to part 1
7. Super 8-Nice plot and acting, though the ending was a bit cheesy imo.
6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2-Epic finale, though just not quite my fav film of the year.
5. Puss in Boots-nice to see a movie with cats as the good guys  :)  Antonio Banderas did great as the main character, as usual.
4. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows-Nice twists, and RDJ did a good job as usual. Maybe a little too much comedy this time around though.
3. Final Destination 5-The apology for part 4, a great return to form for the series (and nice twist at the end).
2. The Muppets-Nice mixture of comedy and emotion, I just had a very good theater experience.
1. Scream 4-I called this my fav film of 2011's first half, and I maintain that now. A great subversion of the idea of "the next generation" and it was great to see the old trio once again.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Rango
I'm a nut for animated movies, and Rango delivered plenty of Western themed hilarity.

Thor
"This drink, I like it. ANOTHER!" *Smashed coffee mug on floor* Nuff said.

Rio
This movie made me like animated musicals once more.

Kung Fu Panda 2
A better and more personal story for Po, great humor and line delivery, and noodles.

Hangover Part 2
While not nearly as original as the first, still had plenty of funny moments.

Super 8
Outstanding, had great E.T. vibes to it.

What I'm looking forward to in 2012
The Hobbit//The Avengers//Madagascar 3//Brave//Dark Knight Rises//Amazing Spiderman//Men in Black 3

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My top 16.

1. Rio
2. The Muppets
3. Country Strong
4. Blackthorn
5. Cowboys & Aliens
6. Hop
7. Arthur
8. Final Destination 5