The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Finding Dory

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've just finally seen the movie since it was finally released over here in Germany  :p

What were your thoughts on it?

I think it's a very good sequel to Finding Nemo, staying true to that masterpiece of a movie in both animation style (well, add 3D) and atmosphere. The characters that reappeared were perfectly acting like themselves (no butchered characters there) and the new characters are pretty interesting too. It was quite a cool adventure and I just love how Dory remembers bits and pieces until these bits and pieces finally fit together. Oh... and she's too cute for for own good as a baby fishy  :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
oh my...
I read thread name as "Finding Ducky"
-_-

Still didn't watch it. :(
One day I will. Hope I will like it.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's been out for a long time now. I thought it was a pretty good movie. The characters where good Ed O'neil did a good job with his Hank character. So it's very enjoyable with heart and soul.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
oh my...
I read thread name as "Finding Ducky"
-_-
Oh god, that would be hilarious  :DD

Still didn't watch it. :(
One day I will. Hope I will like it.
If you like Finding Nemo, you will like the sequel too :) I'm sure about that!

It's been out for a long time now. I thought it was a pretty good movie. The characters where good Ed O'neil did a good job with his Hank character. So it's very enjoyable with heart and soul.
Yeah, I agree with you completely. It's only recently been released over here in Germany, was pretty annoyed by the fact, that it was released so late over here...

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I didn't even like Finding Nemo when it came out. I found the father character painfully annoying, but I got dragged this to Finding Dory because I have cousins I babysit who wanted to see it. I don't want to spoil anything for people haven't seen it, but if you liked Finding Nemo, you will probably like this sequel.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ducky how long does it take for you guys to get A movie where you live? And Finding Nemo was fantastic movie weird. Marlon was just being a dad he's not annoying he's just worried about his son like a good responsible dad does. That's one of my favorite Pixar movies ever. Dory's parents where good I loved how they never really left dory and they where very supportive of dory even tho she had short term memory loss.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
In your opinion, Finding Nemo was a fantastic movie. I don't like it and never will. Marlon is very annoying to me. I don't care how worried about his kid he is, I found him unbearable. Give me Toy Story 1-3, Monsters Inc, The Incredibles, Wall-E and A Bug's Life over this any day. Bleh.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Bugs life sucked in my option it wasn't a great movie at all. It had weak characters weak storyline it doesn't hold a candle to Finding Nemo. Witch was a ten times better movie than A Bigs Life. Finding Nemo had More likable characters and a better storyline than a bugs life.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ducky how long does it take for you guys to get A movie where you live?
It depends. Some movies are released at the same date as in the US while others are released weeks up to months later. Finding Dory was one of those they released a few weeks later...

don't like it and never will. Marlon is very annoying to me. I don't care how worried about his kid he is, I found him unbearable.
Fair enough, I can definitely see where you're coming from there. It's understandable that he's really protective over his only son after losing his mate as well as all the babies aside from Nemo. And when said Nemo went missing, he was obviously freaking out, having lost the only family member he has left. It didn't bother me that much but I agree that some scenes can get a little annoying because of this.
In Finding Dory, I thought this character trait of his rather lead to funny scenes though.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Witch is what a normal caring dad is supposed to be. That shows he cares and loves his son. He went all the way to Australia just to get him that's dedication right to show how much he cared for his son. There where some really funny parts in the movie as well. The surfing talking turtle Crush was a amazing character. Very nice and layer back such a great character he was.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Nov 13 2016 on  04:59 AM
Bugs life sucked in my option it wasn't a great movie at all. It had weak characters weak storyline it doesn't hold a candle to Finding Nemo. Witch was a ten times better movie than A Bigs Life. Finding Nemo had More likable characters and a better storyline than a bugs life.
You'll never convince me of that.

Thank you for respecting my opinion, Ducky, unlike a certain other user who won't stop trying to convince me Finding Nemo was great. Word of advice, ADFan, trying to change my mind about something is just going to make me dig my feet in and push back against you ten times harder than before. I could recognize just letting the matter be because I will not stop liking A Bug's Life nor will I start liking Finding Nemo.