The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: A World's End

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As we all know, the final Pirates of the Caribbean movie will be coming out at the end of May.  I'm sure some of you have seen this trailer but for those who haven't here it is.  It contains spoilers.  Duh.  You have been warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1t52deUYcI
I just wanna know what's the deal with the Chinese guy.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Dude, anyone who has access to Internet Movie Database probably already knows all this. (No offense, sorry, I just realized how blunt that sounds.)

And the Chinese guy is Captain Sao Feng, a real life famous Chinese pirate.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
hey, i didn't know about this. I actually forgot all about Pirates of the Carribean 3.
Thx for the video F-14 Ace!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Thanks for the link. :)  Oddly enough, no mention of Davy or the Kraken, both of which were after everyone when we left #2.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Apr 11 2007 on  06:44 PM
Thanks for the link. :)  Oddly enough, no mention of Davy or the Kraken, both of which were after everyone when we left #2.
Davy Jones was in there.  He was on a scene standing next to Beckett.  And there was also a scene of him fighting Jack Sparrow on top of the Flying Dutchman's mast.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh man, I've never even seen this trailer! :blink:

Looks great though! Can't wait! :^.^:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I will be weatching the film, the 2nd film was ok, but not as great as the first..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Just got back from the opening night...

...and LOVED it!!!!! Ah, man, Depp is as brilliant and hilarious as ever (we even get a see a humorous scene where we directly observe what goes on inside Jack's head, which was also kind of scary).

The writing, the directing, the cast, and the FX were all top notch. I loved it...until the lame ending, but still... Overall, I give it a 8/10. I'd recommend it to anyone.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I also just got back from opening night:

I'm sure a harsh critic will find many things to complain about with Pirates 3, but I found most of the flaws easy enough to ignore.  Overall, I was very impressed, too!  it had a number of emotional scenes, which may be good or bad depending on how you feel about the Pirates series.  Perhaps there was a little too much...
Overall: 7.5/10.  Could have been better, could have been A LOT worse.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It is certainly one of the things I'm looking forward to these days :yes
I'll let you know my thoughts about it once I saw it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I'll be seeing it Sunday.  Don't give away spoilers in this thread. :p  :yes

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
OOO I wanna seeee! I sure hope we find out who Davy Jones fell in love with (Okay, I know from a POC website, but, I'll stay hush hush)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm gonna go see it tomorrow with my older sister. and Ptyra i have a hunch on who jones fell in love with I guess my theory will be put to the test when I see it tomorrow.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw it today.  It was very cool.

Be sure you stay through the credits - there's an additional scene after they are done.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Be sure you stay through the credits - there's an additional scene after they are done.
Dangit, yeah I missed that. :bang

tobeysan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://tobeysan.homeip.net

Oops... Missed that one. :cry2

I think the final conflict was dragged out too long, and the special effects were used too often. There's just something about the use of video editing which ruins a good movie.

Overall, a smidgen too long (almost 3 hours) and too many sub plot, which distracts from the main plot, but honestly okay. It could have been much worse, but there is definitive room for improvement.

I'd rate it a 6 out of 10.

PS. Spoiler Warning! The movie ends!  :lol

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
You sure it ends?  :P:  That's a very open ending in my book, even though its definitely not as explicit as the last film when you know there was another film coming.  They could make another if they wanted to.  But they don't have to this time. :)

And I missed the credits thing.  :bang  It is long, and I'll tell you there's so much going on you're going to miss something if you blink, quite literally.