The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Zero Punctuation

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
For the unintiated, Zero Punctuation is an (sort-of) animated web video show started by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw. Anyway, he reviews video games...negatively, most of all of them. It's part of the joke. It's a part of The Escapist magazine's collection of web shows. The combination of caustic humour, rapid-fire delivery, and visual gags have made Zero Punctuation an instant success.

I avoided the series for many years due to people overblowing Yahtzee's caustic tendencies as if he really meant a single word of it, but I eventually got curious and checked out the "Call of Duty: Ghosts" review and then could not stop laughing. Anyone else here a Zero Punctuation fan?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I watch it occasionally. Can't say I'm following to see when new videos are out, but I've definitely seen several episodes. It's a bit over the top sometimes, but in general it puts a smile on my face too ;)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I watch it whenever a new episode is out.  I rather enjoy his brand of humor, though when he actually does give a game a good or neutral review then you know it is a good one.  His usual reviews of games are more than a bit negative, to put it mildly.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Oh man, I'm a big fan of it and I watch it whenever I can. Sometimes it kind of bothers me that it is hard to follow what he's saying, but once I start laughing, I just can't stop... it is just THAT good.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
My only issue with him is when he starts talking about Nintendo. That's when I wanna slap him. I know their output might not be the original all the time, but at least all their stuff is user friendly and fun.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I watch some of his episodes, but I guess I'm not regular on it. Haven't seen any new ones in the last month or so. I think his stuff is pretty funny, in small doses.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jun 9 2015 on  06:55 PM
My only issue with him is when he starts talking about Nintendo. That's when I wanna slap him. I know their output might not be the original all the time, but at least all their stuff is user friendly and fun.
There have been some episodes I didn't particularly agree with him and at least once where I was less than pleased with the video. But I try not to let it bother me. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Zero Punctuation is no less required to have nothing but positive videos about something no more than you or I are required to agree with an opinion neither of us like.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
My problem isn't that he's negative towards Nintendo. My problem is that he's singled them out very unfairly many times when the other companies make just as bad a decisions or worse.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've seen some of his episodes, not sure how many.  I do find his videos pretty funny.  I was introduced to the series by an online friend who gave me a link to his videos.