The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Live-Action Captain Planet Movie in the Making

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Edit: That's "Captain Planet". Can someone fix that?

The Link
Make sure to read the comments below the article.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Mine's more like this:

WWWWWWHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This comes to mind...  :o

Although, this reaction would also be appropriate.

The stupid thing about this is that Captain Planet has been off the air for years.  Most kids today don't even know about Captain Planet.  This is so incredibly stupid...

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, for crying out loud, would someone fix the grammar error in the title already, since I can't edit the title!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I only hope that this will end up being the biggest flop in history.

Still... *cocks shotgun* *goes to buy a plane ticket*

Are we really THIS out of ideas?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here's a message from the one making it...

and it might actually not be that bad.

Still, with what it is, good chance it'll flop.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, a tiny grain of hope has been instilled in me. I might keep an eye on this. I have to wonder what they will do with it if they throw out the entire premise.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i watched the original CP, and a live action version, would flat out stink. cartoons made into live-action films, don't work. for every one that works, like Who framed Roger Rabbit, there's ten Scooby Doos,Yogi Bears, or the Smurfs. the show was about protecting the environment from polluters, via using magic rings.
 Fixed the typo WR..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
The big problem is that hardly any kids will know the show. It's an 80s cartoon (and it shows!), and those who DID watch it hated it.

Also, even if they DID try to make the idea more edgy, or make Captain more badass, you can only make an environmental allegory so badass before it becomes stale. Not to mention there is nothing worse than a preachy environmental allegory film. As far as I know, the only people who have gotten them right in media are Studio Ghibli movies and Sonic SatAM.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Allicloud,Jul 21 2011 on  02:19 PM
The big problem is that hardly any kids will know the show. It's an 80s cartoon (and it shows!), and those who DID watch it hated it.
Sorry but that's nothing more than a stereotype. I watched the show as a kid and loved it. If you want to say not everyone liked the show watching it, that's fine. But don't assume that all kids hated it.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh god no. It is gonna fail if it reaches box office's. I'm not gonna see it. This is very stupid.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jul 21 2011 on  08:30 PM
Quote from: Allicloud,Jul 21 2011 on  02:19 PM
Sorry but that's nothing more than a stereotype. I watched the show as a kid and loved it. If you want to say not everyone liked the show watching it, that's fine. But don't assume that all kids hated it.
My apologies. I was simply basing it on my personal experience with the show. Everyone I know (prior to your comment) who did watch the show say they only did because there was nothing else on.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
A lot of people did hate this show, though, even if not everyone. There was a lot not to like.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
The only thing i ever seen from the original series is the intro song which is frequently used in different meaningless videos on YouTube. And from my point of view Captain Planet looks like cheap version of Superman. :)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I loved the intro! I loved the show, too. I always watched it early in the mornings as a kid! I don't think that it will do well porting to live-action, however.  <_<

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hehe, you silly willies, a live action Captain Planet has already been made, or at least, the heart of it.

"I can sense you all!

:lol