The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hello there!

Truttle · 44 · 3363

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Can I just squeeze in to say 'eelo? :p :wave

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome back Adam :)
Topic or off topic, there is one interesting description regarding the color vision of dinosaurs in the first of James Gurney's Dinotopia books. Of course it is entirely fictional, but in case dinosaurs possessed more than three cones there may be some truth about this description. The book includes two versions of the same pictures one of which would the way a human sees it the other the way a dinosaur sees it. The description in the text reads:
Dinosaur eyes take in a wider field of view bending in at the edges like a glass globe filled with water. Nothing is gray or drab or dull; rather they see swimming particles of color, a moving mosaic of dancing color specks. As we would see a starscape in the night sky, they see a sparkling "lifescape" in the woods by day, a world teeming with life. Some humans can see with dinosaur vision, Bix explained: artists, poets, and children. But for the rest of us, as we grow older, the mammalian part of the brain clouds over the older reptilian part, and drains away a little of the glory of the world.

Truttle

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Forgive my absence. Been a bit busy. And thanks again everyone. =3 :D

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile