The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ali is Unfaithful

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After all the backstabbing resets, errors and such I had to put up with, I am glad to FINALLY be done with my vid.

I did this one for the love of the LBT longneck love triangle that debuted in the TV Series, Littlefoot&Ali&Ret.

I hope you enjoy it.  It definately took a long time to make.  I really wanted to get this right the first time around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZo9thehvb4

Please Enjoy!

Note: This was originally 35 MB.  It has been modified to about 7 MB for your convenience. :)

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
It¥s done very nice. The cuts are good and the music is good chosen. Great job :yes

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
FINALLY!!!  I've been waiting to see this for a long time and I must say that I'm not disappointed.  You did a great job considering the circumstances. :yes

For future information in case you decide to create another music vid, please convert your videos to a frame rate of at least 32fps for slow clips.  I have discovered that they just seem too choppy if you don't have a frame rate of 32fps or higher.  The rest of the vid was fine.  Also, you might want to look into using more programs than WMM.  WMM is my main program as well, but I have discovered that you need more programs including allok video converter, a program I use to repair damaged clips(forgot name), easy video splitter, and photoshop(a nice addition, but I really don't expect you to get or need it).  The fact of the matter is that WMM isn't precise enough to split clips on it's own.  There were a few places in the music vid that were about .3 seconds out of phase.  WMM is a wonderful program, but using it alone is never advisable for complex music vids such as this one.

To be honest, I don't know what took so long.  Your computer must be really bad off. :( If the slowness is your computer's fault alone, it needs some major work.  My computer got this bad off before and I just formatted it.  I would definently recommend a complete format, but since you can't do that, I would consider looking into some registry repair programs, video codec packages, anti-spyware packages, defrag your hard drive, and check it for errors in the blue screen.  Try a program I used called repair xp.  It's very handy and it fixed my problems.

I'm not trying to criticize your work.  It was done incredibly well for your first one.  I'm just trying to point out some helpful tips and I don't mean to cause offence.  It's just some advice and you can take it or leave it.  If you do use other programs, it'll be easier and faster and the finished product will be much better, but in all honesty, if  you put this much time and effort into a music vid, I cannot fault you.  I can tell that this was a lot of work and it was overwhelming for you, especially with all the computer problems.  I admire you for your courage and hope to see more as soon as your computer gets repaired. :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 28 2007 on  09:34 PM
For future information in case you decide to create another music vid, please convert your videos to a frame rate of at least 32fps for slow clips.
Is that even possible?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Is that even possible?

Yeah.  It makes the slow clips much less choppy.  The standard frame rate for a dvd rip is 23fps.  Waaaaay too low.  I personally use 30fps, but I'm gonna go up to 32fps.  I might go even higher if I have more slow clips in a vid like Pokeplayer did.  If I were to make their vid, I would have used 40fps.  The slow clips look so choppy if it's any less than 32fps.  That's the absolute minimum so they don't look choppy. <_< I hate dvd rips.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 28 2007 on  11:29 PM
Is that even possible?

Yeah.  It makes the slow clips much less choppy.  The standard frame rate for a dvd rip is 23fps.  Waaaaay too low.  I personally use 30fps, but I'm gonna go up to 32fps.  I might go even higher if I have more slow clips in a vid like Pokeplayer did.  If I were to make their vid, I would have used 40fps.  The slow clips look so choppy if it's any less than 32fps.  That's the absolute minimum so they don't look choppy. <_< I hate dvd rips.
Then how do you prefer the movies be put on the computer? I've ripped a few DVDs, and I didn't notice any change in the vid's speed.

How can you even change framerates anyway on WMM?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Then how do you prefer the movies be put on the computer?

I join the vob files and adjust the frame rate.

I've ripped a few DVDs, and I didn't notice any change in the vid's speed.

Well, you wouldn't notice it.  I believe standard dvd frame rate is 29.76fps.  The human eye can't notice that small of a change.  It's only noticeable when you slow down the clips.

How can you even change framerates anyway on WMM?

You can't.  You have to use allok video joiner(also converts video files).

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Join the VOB files? How do you get them on the computer in the first place?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 28 2007 on  08:34 PM
FINALLY!!!  I've been waiting to see this for a long time and I must say that I'm not disappointed.  You did a great job considering the circumstances. :yes

For future information in case you decide to create another music vid, please convert your videos to a frame rate of at least 32fps for slow clips.  I have discovered that they just seem too choppy if you don't have a frame rate of 32fps or higher.  The rest of the vid was fine.  Also, you might want to look into using more programs than WMM.  WMM is my main program as well, but I have discovered that you need more programs including allok video converter, a program I use to repair damaged clips(forgot name), easy video splitter, and photoshop(a nice addition, but I really don't expect you to get or need it).  The fact of the matter is that WMM isn't precise enough to split clips on it's own.  There were a few places in the music vid that were about .3 seconds out of phase.  WMM is a wonderful program, but using it alone is never advisable for complex music vids such as this one.

To be honest, I don't know what took so long.  Your computer must be really bad off. :( If the slowness is your computer's fault alone, it needs some major work.  My computer got this bad off before and I just formatted it.  I would definently recommend a complete format, but since you can't do that, I would consider looking into some registry repair programs, video codec packages, anti-spyware packages, defrag your hard drive, and check it for errors in the blue screen.  Try a program I used called repair xp.  It's very handy and it fixed my problems.

I'm not trying to criticize your work.  It was done incredibly well for your first one.  I'm just trying to point out some helpful tips and I don't mean to cause offence.  It's just some advice and you can take it or leave it.  If you do use other programs, it'll be easier and faster and the finished product will be much better, but in all honesty, if  you put this much time and effort into a music vid, I cannot fault you.  I can tell that this was a lot of work and it was overwhelming for you, especially with all the computer problems.  I admire you for your courage and hope to see more as soon as your computer gets repaired. :)
Thank you for your comment, LBTlover.  Glad you enjoyed it.

Now, I will tell you that I have taken the time to check out all of the problems with my computer.  First off, I have a limited C Drive of only about 10% of 84.5 GB left to use for projects, new programs, documents, etc.  Simply, it is the main drive where everything is put.  There is esspecially one program that is taking up a good deal of disk space.  However, I need it to transfer my VHS of LBT 3: The Time of the Great Giving.  However, I can't do that until my cousin gives it back, and she loves it so much that it's difficult for her to let go even for an hour.  If I can just get it from her for one and a half hours, it's all I'll need to transfer it.  Once that's done, I can remove the program and be done with it for good.  True I could find a torrent and do it that way, however, those prove to take up way more than what you need.  Plus, the quality that the program I'm using can transfer at has proven to be better than any torrent you'll find on the net.  It'll just be better this way in the end.  Besides, I'm going to need LBT 3 for a number of the future projects I have planned, so I'm definately going to need that program for it.

On top of that, I found to have an unnessacary number of fonts that I will NEVER use for ANYTHING.  How do you get rid of these, LBTlover?  I would like to know. :)

This slow down thing causes some real problems.  For one thing, it tends to stop the coursor from changing. (Like from arrow to pointing finger and such.) When that happens, the only thing I can do is shut down the program, and if I did alot of work and didn't save before it happened, that means I have to do it all over again. :angry:

I definately plan to get rid of my brother's gaming files.  He's just not playing them anymore since he really got into the XBox 360 and Wii that we have.  He'll especially be off them less with two of the hottest games about to be out.  That and he's just gone back to school, this time as a Senior in High School.  Plus he's spending alot of time with his girlfriend. (Yeah, I'm jealous! <_<) I don't care how mad he gets.  I'm getting rid of them and his extra unneeded... thing!  Besides, the computer is programed to put it on both, so it's not like I was really destroying everything he had on there, that is until he discovers I destroyed all his games.

I'll be doing a major reformatting tomorrow.  I'm sick and tired of this problem and I'm going to do everything I can to fix it.  One thing's for sure, I'm glad I have tomorrow off to do it all. :)

I guess I should get rid of a few other things I don't need now.  After all, what's the point of having them if you're never going to access them? ;)

Don't expect me to be on tomorrow.  I'll be fixing this computer all day.

And LBTlover, I would invite you to help, but it keeps giving me an error message, even when I try to send it through MSN.  So, sorry! :(

Also, I'll look into those programs you suggested AFTER I'm done reformating this thing.  Hopefully things will be better after that. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Also, I'll look into those programs you suggested AFTER I'm done reformating this thing.

well, technically, reformatting is totally removing everything on the computer including it's operating system and reinstalling nothing but the OS.  I don't suppose you could do that?  That would fix everything.

On top of that, I found to have an unnessacary number of fonts that I will NEVER use for ANYTHING. How do you get rid of these, LBTlover? I would like to know.

go to start, control panel, and click fonts.  Delete any of them you don't need from the window just like you'd delete a file. :)

This slow down thing causes some real problems. For one thing, it tends to stop the coursor from changing.

OMG!  I've only had that happen to me once and that computer was in major trouble! :(

And LBTlover, I would invite you to help, but it keeps giving me an error message, even when I try to send it through MSN. So, sorry!

I have to be online to do it.  I've been off msn for a while.

Also, never put games onto computers unless they were designed for it (ie, a gaming computer).  They slow it down like there's no tomorrow! <_<

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 29 2007 on  12:50 AM
I definately plan to get rid of my brother's gaming files.  He's just not playing them anymore since he really got into the XBox 360 and Wii that we have.  He'll especially be off them less with two of the hottest games about to be out.  That and he's just gone back to school, this time as a Senior in High School.  Plus he's spending alot of time with his girlfriend. (Yeah, I'm jealous! <_<) I don't care how mad he gets.  I'm getting rid of them and his extra unneeded... thing!  Besides, the computer is programed to put it on both, so it's not like I was really destroying everything he had on there, that is until he discovers I destroyed all his games.
Oh dear... deleting another's files without asking them. I never do that anymore. The last time I did, my brother got revenge by deleting some of my stuff. I just think it's safer to ask first before deleting any file that isn't yours.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
he last time I did, my brother got revenge by deleting some of my stuff.

That's why you encrypt your files :lol:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Why should I bother encrypting them? It just seems like a waste of time, in my opinion, since I have so many files on this computer. It'd take too long. Then again I don't even know how to.

None of us bother encrypting our files because we have a "don't delete what isn't yours" rule.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
well, technically, reformatting is totally removing everything on the computer including it's operating system and reinstalling nothing but the OS. I don't suppose you could do that? That would fix everything.

There's only so much I can remove before I get into major trouble.  So I guess I can't do that, but I can still remove quite a number of things that no one's using and all.

Oh dear... deleting another's files without asking them. I never do that anymore. The last time I did, my brother got revenge by deleting some of my stuff. I just think it's safer to ask first before deleting any file that isn't yours.

Good point.  I should ask him.  However what I'll do is explain the major problems it's cauing and then ask him.  I'm sure he'll be more in favor of removing them after I do that. ;)

There's one other major problem I hold.  It always happens at 8 am.  Basically, I hold a program that upgrades my virus protection daily at a certian time.  However, when it does it slows down the computer completely.  It takes a little more than 1 hour to complete the process.  I'd be happy if I could just change it to a time when I'm not using it, like when I'm asleep or something.  Like 3 or 4 am?  Yeah, that'd be great! :rolleyes: Anyone know how to do something like that?  Just so you know, I have AVG and McAfee Virus Scan. ;)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's McAfee's program.  I would just remove it.  AVG is all that matters.  It's updates take less than 30 seconds ;)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
AVG is driving me insane. It constantly has to reboot the computer to complete an update. Doesn't happen all the time, but almost everyday, I see a pop-up that says "To complete the update, it is necessary to reboot the computer." I didn't even press on the Update option. It just updated on its own.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There's something not right with that.  I have NEVER had to reboot my computer for AVG to do an update.  I think you've got some spyware there.  Spyware constantly tells you to reboot so it can get into system files and it makes it look like another program is telling you to reboot.  Am I the only one here with a good working computer? :blink: <_<  :(

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 29 2007 on  01:01 AM
It's McAfee's program.  I would just remove it.  AVG is all that matters.  It's updates take less than 30 seconds ;)
The little thing about that is that my dad was the one who installed that.  I'd need his permission to remove it.  He's paying good money for it.  Plus, it helps with having a back-up ready in case we really get a virus problem and can't get past the start up system. :) (Have had that happen once in the first year of having my new computer.  Not pretty! :()

On a side note, I've removed about 2 GB worth of unnessacary programs.  The main one I plan to remove after downloading LBT 3 into my computer I found takes up about 5 GB of space.  I'm impressed by that, especially with the fact I paid about $50.00 for it at Best Buy.

Anyways, we should stop with this before a mod gets us.  We've gone WAY off topic. :p

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
This isn't the type of board where mods close topics just because they got off topic. Anyway, the video is great. I don't like the song though.
As for Ali being unfaithful, I don't like to believe this was what the producer of LBT 4 had on his mind for Ali's return. The Ali we saw on the tv series just isn't the real one.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 29 2007 on  03:15 AM
Am I the only one here with a good working computer? :blink: <_<  :(
Hey, my computer works just fine. So it has a few problems. That doesn't mean it's not a "good working computer". That's all I've got to say.