The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Special Announcement on my Vids.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I finally got a big break on the struggle I've been going through with getting my vids back onto YouTube.  One person finally requested that ALL of them return.

I'll be VERY busy putting them all back on.  They're all finally coming back.

Who do we have to thank?  The name is sailorearth2007.  You may send your praises to him/her if you please. :)

Well, I'll get working now.

See ya later! :^.^:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm sorry to inform you all that there's been a tiny snag.  "No One Has to be Alone (End Credits Version)" can not be posted due to copyright laws that I can't get around, sadly.  It is because the creator of the song, Donny Osmond, is not allowing ANY of his songs to be posted on YouTube.

I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience to anyone, but there's nothing I can do about it right now.

Sorry! :(

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Still look at the positive.  Folks can enjoy your work on the other songs.   :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's awesome that you can get them back up. Hopefully nobody chases them of this time :p

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm... Looks like since I put up that one they're keeping an eye on me since they blocked all of my LBT 10 vids.  Save for Bestest Friends, which was put up well before this huge request came up.

I guess I should take a break for now before putting them all up.  Seriously though, which LBT ones are they blocking because it seems hard to figure out.  Some they're allowing and others, they're not. <_<

Maybe on my next off day or something.  We'll see. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe it is just certain ones.  It may also be just totally random too.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's awesome! Congratulations on winning that struggle!

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Nov 14 2008 on  02:18 AM
"No One Has to be Alone (End Credits Version)" can not be posted due to copyright laws that I can't get around,
Never like the song anyway. LBT version is much better, IMO.

Say, do you know if the returning vids will have the same URLs? Cause I had a page with all the videos embedded into it, and since they were removed, the embeds obviously don't work. Will they work now?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Nov 14 2008 on  07:46 PM
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Nov 14 2008 on  02:18 AM
"No One Has to be Alone (End Credits Version)" can not be posted due to copyright laws that I can't get around,
Never like the song anyway. LBT version is much better, IMO.

Say, do you know if the returning vids will have the same URLs? Cause I had a page with all the videos embedded into it, and since they were removed, the embeds obviously don't work. Will they work now?
No, they won't.  Even after all this time, the URL still changes if I put it back up.

Besides that, not all of them will be put up anyways.  Some will still be blocked by copyright laws despite all my planning.

I'll put up what I can, guys.  Next on the list, LBT 11. :)

Edit: All of LBT 11 passed! :D On to LBT 12. :)

Edit 2: LBT 12 Songs passed.  Tomorrow, I'll do LBT 13.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Depends on who has creative control of which pieces will determine which can stay online, and which cannot.  As you already know, Donny Osmond says no way.  Then again, he's in Weird Al's "White and Nerdy" video and that's on youtube. :p  I think he'd be more worried about that than some of his creative work. :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LBT 13 passed.  Tomorrow, I do the BIG one, the TV Series.  Over 40 Songs.  I'll be busy! :)

See ya later! :^.^:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It may be since he didn't write Weird Al's song ( I assume he did not) that he does not care.  & his seeing it as not one of 'his' songs may be a part of it too since he may see it as one of Weird Al's songs.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know what, I did some checking on YouTube and guess what I found when I looked up "Donny Osmond"?  I got over 2400 results! :o

I mean, 2400 others are allowed to put up something of Donny Osmond but not me?  What in the world is up with that!?

Even good ones he did himself are on there.  So what's up with me not being allowed to put up the Donny Osmond version of No One Has to be Alone?

Why?  Why are they allowed and not me?  I just don't get that.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Some things just slip I suppose. Just because there is Donny Osmond stuff up doesn't mean that these people are allowed to have it up. It just hasn't been detected by the system yet, or reported.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah that is unfair, and I would know because the same stuff happened to me with some of my videos. Youtube ultimately sucks now in my opinion ever since these companies started these copyright laws. I mean, as long as we give credit to the company, it shouldn't matter if we use their song for a personal video.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: LBTFan13,Jan 14 2009 on  11:43 PM
Yeah that is unfair, and I would know because the same stuff happened to me with some of my videos. Youtube ultimately sucks now in my opinion ever since these companies started these copyright laws. I mean, as long as we give credit to the company, it shouldn't matter if we use their song for a personal video.
The copyright laws were already there. They didn't just make them up recently, from what I remember. Youtube, as well as any other video uploading site, do have copyright laws stating not to upload anything that infringes the copyright of another. This doesn't stop people from uploading them though.

As for giving credit, I am afraid that doesn't work. Here's something from the YouTube copyright rules:

If you taped it off cable, videotaped your TV screen, or downloaded it from some other website, it is copyrighted and requires the copyright owner's permission to distribute or can only be used within the limits of legal exceptions to copyright.
If you give credit to the owner/author/songwriter-it is still copyrighted.
If you are not selling the video for money-it is still copyrighted.
If similar videos appear on our site-it is still copyrighted.
If the video contains a copyright notice-it is still copyrighted.
If you created a video made of short clips of copyrighted content-even though you edited it together, the content is still copyrighted.

It doesn't matter what you do. You can give credit. You can say you aren't making money off of it. You can even make nice remarks to the company. The material is still copyrighted and can still be taken down. The companies don't seem to care what the uploader says; they just worry about their money.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
If you want to imprint your url into your videos, your URL is as follows:

www.lbtserver.2myip.net/pokeplayer

This will allow others to download the videos instead of having to watch them on youtube.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I have put up the last of the videos of the TV Series onto my YouTube account.

Go ahead and check them out on my account.

Just wanted to announce that.

See ya later! :)