The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

YouTube Account Disabled

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jul 30 2009 on  09:51 AM
The issue is that uploading full movies online can and will affect sales of that product. People will go "Why buy the movie when I can watch it online for free?" While some people may buy the DVD to get better quality, likely, in my opinion, most people will just watch the movie online and not pay, thus hurting Universal's profit. And money is needed to make more movies. If a movie makes enough money, it may earn a sequel, like LBT has in the past many times. But uploading full movies will not help LBT. Instead, it will hurt it. While some may still buy the movies, many may not, since they can watch it for free. This takes away money from Universal's profit, and as a result decreases LBT's sales. Uploading full movies may seem to be a good way to promote the product, but in the end, it causes more damage than good. There are other ways to promote LBT without hurting its sales. Fanart and fanfiction are a couple of them.

Keep in mind I am talking about full movies only; music videos or clips likely aren't going to cause as much damage as a full movie would.
And that is why I stop upload Movies in the first place.  Not only I got suspended before but I said the same thing like what D.H. was saying.  So I just make AMVs as a hobby.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Kacie, it only took three years for it to be noticed but our Defying Gravity Petrie video was marked for investigation because of the music track.  Its not going anywhere, and while it is a copyrighted song, I edited it down to fit the character, so I think it'll be online that much longer.

The thing is, people aren't putting the "you" in youtube, but rather putting the "Disney" the "Pokemon" or "Michael Jackson" which is all stuff the owners may not like on there for free.  That's why the site has such a big problem with copyright issues.