The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Do you like 60s music?

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Idk about you guys, but I absolutely LOVE 60s music!!!!!!!!  :DD While I am a sucker for pop music, lots of it is overproduced and too easy to make. I love the 60s so much because I love how organic and artistic music from the 1960s was.

Here are my favorite bands from the 60s:

The Beatles (favorite band overall) :smile
The Rolling Stones
The Beach Boys

My favorite songs from the 60s:

Strawberry Fields Forever- The Beatles
A Hard Day's Night- The Beatles
I Feel Fine-The Beatles
Ticket To Ride- The Beatles
White Rabbit- Jefferson Airplane
California Dreamin'- The Mamas and the Papas
Turn, Turn, Turm- The Byrds
Surfin USA- The Beach Boys
Surfer Girl- The Beach Boys
Help Me, Rhonda- The Beach Boys
Sloop John B.- The Beach Boys
Good Vibrationa- The Beach Boys
Barbara Ann- The Beach Boys
Hang On Sloopy- The McCoys
19th Nervous Breakdown- The Rolling Stones
Ruby Tuesday- The Rolling Stones
Love Child- The Supremes

Yeah, I know I have a lot of Beach Boys and Beatles songs :lol

As for albums, I don't really own any besides the Beatles albums.  :confused

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Aww, cheer up and be patient! ...CAUSE I LOVE 60's MUSIC! (among other decades) There are so many favorites of mine from the 60's that I can't really name them all. I love music that much.

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sorry, I was wondering why no one was replying because usually I get a reply or two within a day  :confused

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
Which 60s music? Motown, Stax, Phil Spector, Carole King, British invasion, acid rock, the flowering of Nashville, the beginnings of Philly soul, James Brown, Aretha, Latin jazz...I love and listen to all of it.  :D

Bruton the Iguanodon

I'm not too into music before the 80's. And I'm not a huge fan of the 80's fashions, either.

Then again, I don't like a lot of the music we've gotten in the last 5 years.

As for the 60's, I like some of Simon and Garfunkel's stuff, since I grew up with it, and the Beatles are obviously classics, although they sure changed from the innocent young guys I've always thought of them as, to complete hippies!

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Some of the best music there is.
Beach Boys, Beatles, Mamas and the Papas, Rolling Stones are all some of my favorite bands :D
Heh, good to know there's thriving community for nostalgia on here; whenever I mention the Beatles, the most common reaction I receive is "Who are they?"
:o WHUT!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Wow. How do you NOT know who the Beatles are???!!!????  :wow :p

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Maybe becose they don't like them? :p   While I know who they are,I couldn't name a song from them becose I don't like their music.However there were some bands in the 60's I like,namely Steppenwolf,Black Sabbath and Deep Purple.

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Well, you can know who a person is without knowing their music. For example, I know who Nicki Minaj is and I don't know or like all her songs. :p

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Love 60s music! Beach Boys are my all time favorite, but that's partly because of the massive amount of work Brian Wilson did to get that band rolling as well as all the production work, recording, writing, etc he had to do. I don't JUST like their 60s stuff though, and own all of their albums, from 62 to present day. :smile

I like a lot of the music that came out of the 60s though. It was very pioneering for rock in a lot of ways, building off the previous jazz era, and much of its influence can still be seen today. :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: OllyDirectioner,Apr 18 2013 on  04:54 AM
Wow. How do you NOT know who the Beatles are???!!!????  :wow :p
Lol you've got me. It's interesting though because the Rolling Stones seem to earn more of a flicker of recognition.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
SES, don't you live in the UK? I hear that the Beatles are pretty much WORSHIPPED there. Am I right?