The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Alice In Chains (new album)

Jrd89 · 5 · 2267

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Alice In Chains has a new dino-titled album coming out. :) no kidding.

For those of you who don't know the alternative rock/grunge rock group "Alice In Chains", I'll be glad to give you some info.  ;)

They were popular in the early-mid 1990's with albums such as "Facelift", "Dirt", "Jar of Flies", and "Alice In Chains", and had hits like "Man In The Box", "Rooster", "Would?", and "No Excuses" to name some.

After releasing their self-titled album "Alice In Chains" in 1995, things took a downturn, and their original lead singer, Layne Staley, died in 2002. Since Staley's death, they found a new lead singer, William Duvall.

In 2009, Alice In Chains made a comeback and released their first new album since 1995, titled "Black Gives Way To Blue". The album had 2 hits,  "A Looking In View" and "Check My Brain".

And now... boy! have I got news for you guys. They've got a brand new album coming out that's kind of co-incidental to LBT. :D

The new album is called "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" and on the cover, it's got a skull of a triceratops.. and the WILDEST coincidence (for Pterano fans like me) is, one of the album's singles is titled "Stone".  No kidding! :D  (even though the song has nothing to do with a stone of cold fire". :D Lol! )

Here's a picture of the albums cover art: http://www.purerock.com/wp-content/uploads...ere-620x620.jpg

and here's a link to a video of "Stone":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i4Mlz22lhw

I can't believe it. Alice In Chains's new album has "dinosaur" in the title, a triceratops skull on the cover, and a single called "Stone".   Unbelievably co-incidental! :DD What are the odds of this?   Wow.  :yes

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This new album sounds good! But Dirt will be hard to match.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just moving this to the music forum real quick ;)

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ahh, Alice in Chains, one of many Grunge-themed bands like Nirvana that I remember listening to blaring on the radio back in the nineties XDD
not into Grungy-heavy metal, but this definitely sounds epic
*w00t!!*
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*Update*

Ok, guys. the album was released today. You won't believe it, but the cd's case isn't clear. it's actually tinted red/orange, instead of being clear.  :)  Gee...  there's a second co-incidence.. and a third coincidence is that one of the songs is titled "Stone"  < : O     < : )   It's a triple coincidence.   I see a Pterano theme here, and I really love the fact of it!  "Dinosaurs", "The red/orange tint of the cd's case", and a single titled "Stone" I CAN'T believe it. Take a look at the picture of the disc and the case. the case IS tinted a reddish orange, and Pterano is red with an orange belly. :)

http://uppix.net/f/c/5/9147830e904d1455924150140fae7.jpg

The album is also available in a 2-disc 12" vinyl edition. The jacket is the same red/orange tint, the colors of the records themselves are white with dinosaur skulls, more than just the triceratops skull you see on the cover. There's other dino skulls, too (not pteranodon, but there's dino skulls on each of the records sides)

Here's what the vinyl edition looks like:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALICE-IN-CHAINS-DE...=item3cd1ed2db7

:) I LOVE the Pterano coincidences.    "dinosaurs", "red/orange tint, like his main and belly colors", and a song titled "Stone".  ^_^ :D  What more could you ask for? :)  I never would have expected this coming from Alice In Chains. A dinosaur themed title, and a Pterano-themed case color and song title.

It's a triple coincidence for a Pterano fan like me. I'm both surprised and very happy about this.