The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 1584 · 104015

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Echo stifled a gasp. Of course, physical sensation was to be expected considering the bodily area, but she still had an extremely negative perception on sexuality of any kind, so the feeling of stimulation, no matter how moderate, was...unpleasant to her. At least, that was the only way she felt comfortable with it.

She felt like saying something dismissive to express her disdain for this feeling, but for once her wit failed her and she remained silent.

---------------------------------------

Lily swayed, then raised her gun to a non-threatening position and dropped it. Exhausted, she dropped to her knees.

"I'm sorry, I...just can't trust anybody. Ever since I woke up people have trying to kill me...I haven't slept in days...and I can't even remember what my name is..."

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
When he saw her sink to her knees, Axel lowered his arms and stood up slowly. "Hey, it's ok... we, ah..." As he walked cautiously over to her, his foot caught on the toe of the dead man, and he almost fell flat on his face.

"Oh christ... Look, we need to get out of here!" Curtains in the windows around them were twitching. Gingerly, Axel approached the girl and tapped her shoulder. "It's not safe to stay here.We can figure out the rest later, ok?"

She looks like hell... he thought as he looked down at her. And what was she saying about people trying to kill her? Axel reached out his hand.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian looked up, glancing up at Echo with a small grin.
"Sorry.  I forgot to warn you that that response might happen.  I...hope it won't get worse, but we're gonna have to get this done."
He said softly, gently patting her arm...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Stop talking!" She snapped, embarrassed both at feeling the sensation and knowing he knew.

An emotional outburst unbecoming of her, she knew, but she wasn't exactly in her comfort zone at the moment. Besides, he's an Augment, she told herself, it doesn't really matter what he thinks.
-------------------------

Lily hesitated, but the rustling of a window shade somewhere above them convinced her to take his hand. "Thanks. And I'm so sorry...."

She willed herself to her feet; both felt like lead weights at the moment. "I don't--I want to get off the streets...not that I'm homeless but...I mean I might be homeless, I don't really know..."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian smirked to himself, reaching down and affixing the plates to Echo's other shin.
"Sorry.  Just trying to make you more comfortable."
He said gently, slowly moving his hand higher towards her thigh...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I have an apartment on the other side of the street. I know getting far away from... this guy would be better, but I don't have anywhere else we can go and at least we'd be off the streets. And what's another dead homeless guy to the cops?" Axel added bitterly.

He noticed the girl seemed wobbly on her feet, and he tightened his grip slightly to steady her. Normally this kind of interaction would make him extremely nervous, but with his adrenaline pumping he didn't even think about it.

"Are you okay to move?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Well...that...isn't necessary," she forced out, finding it tough to think. She almost asked if this was nearing being over, but she held her tongue rather than appear weak. She wanted to close her eyes but bad images kept popping up when she did that, so she had no choice but to watch her colleague at his work instead.

"Don't get too comfortable," she snapped, as he seemed to be enjoying himself a bit. "This is a one-time event. You augments are your sick fetish for metal parts..."

----------------------------------------

Lily nodded. "I'm not wounded...I don't think. I've just been on the run for, I think three days now..."

With Axel's help she began staggering to the apartment. "I used to have a fanny pack, with some things like food and a thermos, but I think I lost it sometime during the second day. A bullet broke the strap while I was running..."

She was far too exhausted to limit her words or use any sort of tact; she was ready to tell this person everything just because he was the first person in three days who hadn't tried to kill her.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian glanced up momentarily, hand slipping and lightly grazing her crotch.
"Wh-what?  I don't have anything of the sort.  I find normal, non-metallic bodies infinitely more attractive, thank you very much."
He said, eyebrow cocked...

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Aaron passed by a drunken bum on his way home. "Poor guy," he muttered. It was when he saw the gleam of metal that his pity morphed to disgust. "Ugh, get a decent job," he muttered.

He spat his wad of gum into a potted plant on his way home.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel glanced around uneasily. There wasn't anyone else around. "Well, it looks like you're safe for now. If you're hungry I have, uh, hot pockets." He led her around to the building's front door. Luckily, the superintendent wasn't skulking around in the entrance like he usually was.

"So... you can't remember your name, huh?" Axel asked as he started to help her up the old wooden stairs.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
There was a sharp intake of breath. "Then...why did you become an Augment?" Echo groaned, panting slightly. "And how much longer will this procedure last?" She gritted her teeth. Her entire body was pale and covered in sweat.

----------------------------------

Lily shook her head as Axel helped her up the stairs. "I don't remember anything..." she admitted. "Before I woke up in a field, in the woods, at night...I haven't even changed clothes since then...haven't stopped moving..."

Once they reached his room, she wasted no time in darting to the fridge and tearing into three frozen Hot Pockets. She hardly noticed the muddy footprints her hiking boots made on the floor, or the handprints she left anywhere. Exhausted, she collapsed on the floor in front of his refrigerator.

The chance to lay down, the thought that she was finally safe for a time, and the sudden stomach cramp that came roaring up, all hit her at once and she just began crying. In despair, in confusion, in fright, in relief....probably all of the above. And she couldn't stop.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Sorry about the mess," Axel said as he bolted the door and turned around. Then he froze as he saw the girl had collapsed, sobbing, surrounded by muddy footprints and discarded Hot Pocket wrappers. He made his way cautiously over to her.

"Hey, you," he said. Comforting crying women wasn't one of Axel's strong points. When she didn't stop, he took out a cup of instant coffee and gently led her over to the couch. "It's okay, you're safe here," he said, as he pressed a button on the side of the cup, instantly heating up the coffee, and handed it to her.

"You can change if you want. My clothes should fit you. I, uh, I don't have any woman's clothes, though," he told her, as he fiddled with his ear awkwardly.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian chuckled bitterly, as he attached the other thigh panel.
"I lost my arm and part of my face...Oh, a good few years ago.  There was a bomb in someone's apartment, and I saved them.  These were to save my life."
He sighed.
"Two more pieces.  Roll over please."
He added...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Echo rolled over acquiescently, the initial embarrassment having subsided somewhat, and she was starting to get nettled by the fact that he must be enjoying this far more than he should.

"I suspect you're going to have to take these off for me as well?" she asked pointedly.

-------------------

After roughly ten minutes, Lily had cried most of it out of her system and was laying quietly on Axel's couch.

"I'd prefer a shower...if that's okay," she finally answered, wiping one of her puffy red eyes. "If you could wash these, I want to keep wearing them...they're the only clues I have to who I am."

She sat up to sit her coffee, and noticed the couch was now badly soiled with mud. "Oh, I'm so, so sorry about all of this," she sniffed. "I'm sorry about everything..."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian shrugged.
"Unless you want them to stay on, then yeah."
He said calmly as he placed the next one onto her rear, a much more intense tingle surging due to the proximity to other body parts...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"That's okay," Axel said, the newspaper crinkling under him where he'd placed it over the mud to sit next to her. "I guess this place needed a clean anyway."

He got up and crossed the room to a door next to the refrigerator. Opening it revealed a tiny bathroom, with a rusty shower attachment and a light that could barely perform its purpose. "Sorry, I know it isn't exactly glamorous. And... watch out for the water, sometimes it can turn ice cold for no reason."

Axel indicated an Auto-Wash machine in the kitchen. "Before you have a shower, you could pass your dress through the door. I made a few adjustments to the Auto-Wash so it'll only take 5 minutes, then I can just pass it back once you're finished. Oh! I, uh, I won't look!" He said, turning red.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Echo clenched up instinctively and let out a strangled grunt. A moment of realization later and she instantly reverted to her previous state. "That didn't...just happen," she glared over her shoulder. "Just finish already..."

----------------------------------------

Lily nodded and walked into the bathroom. "Thank you..." After a few seconds the door cracked open and a single hand dropped her stained clothes and hiking boots onto the floor. The door shut and soon the sound came of the water turning on.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel picked up the stained dress and slotted it into the machine. It automatically put in the soap, and after a few seconds started spinning. He splashed some water on his face to wash off the specks of red from his fur, suddenly more acutely aware of the large gash marks across it. As he bent down to pick up her boots and put them on another sheet of newspaper, he noticed the corner of a white sticker poking out from the sole. He peeled it off. Hmn. Boots must be new.

When that was done, he picked up the TV remote from the table and flicked it on for the late night news. Won't hurt us if the police have some big case on right now to take their attention off the guy in the alley, he thought hopefully.

"...This woman is extremely dangerous, and should be treated as such. If you see her, do not, we repeat do not approach her. Call your local police, and allow them to take action." The news reporter was speaking into the camera solemnly. Next to him was a picture of the girl who was showering in the next room.

"Oh, this isn't good," Axel said out loud.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Suddenly there was a shriek from the bathroom, and then a crash.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel jumped up, startled. "I warned you about the cold water!" he called out. There was a thumping on the floor from below. "Sorry about the noise, Mrs Leibetz!" he called down.

When there wasn't a response from the bathroom, Axel started to get worried. He stepped closer to the door. "Hey, what happened? Are you alright?" He said, anxious, tapping on the door.