The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RIP Paco

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/26/showbiz/paco....html?hpt=hp_t2

I was shaken this morning when I found out one of my favorite musicians has passed away: Paco de Lucia, the man who I had considered the worlds greatest living guitarist. To call him a master is a grave insult: the man's abilities
man's abilities were so astonishing and such a tremendous delight. He was the undisputed king of the Flamenco guitar, and worthy of a spot in the guitarist pantheon among the likes of Andre Segovia, Django Reinhardt, and Jimmy Hendrix.

I remember when I had first heard about him. I had told one of my older friends that I was getting into great guitar players, and he askedif I had heard of Paco de Lucia. I said I hadn't. He pulled up the youtube clip that I have linked in this thread, and I was speechless. I have never in my life seen anyone play ANY instrument with such speed and passion. I was hooked. Paco was a musical legend, and I imagine I'll be listening to the blaze of his guitar for the rest of my life.

Rest in peace Francisco S·nchez GÛmez, the King of Flamenco.