The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When should we expect news about LBT 15?

Sovereign · 257 · 33585

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The idea of the sequels have always been to appeal to people who don't normanlly watch the movie series as a whole.

@Gentle Sharptooth to say that it depends on fans is a bit of a fast to comment on since most companies including Universal don't care about fans wanting it, if they know that they will continue to make a profit they will make another one.

If they believe they will lose money on another release they will not make another one.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think we will get LBTXV, but it depends greatly on us fans. Universal needs to know our devotio, and have a pitch for non-fans, mainly kids who love dinosaurs. I wish there was a means to write Universal Execs and respectfully arguing the merits.

Yep, yep, yep--I would jump at that opportunity! :Mo

I say we try, send a Ruby reasoned message.  :thinking

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Seeing as now Peacock exists, and Universal recently put a new Curious George movie on Peacock (instead of releasing it to DVD right away), do you think there’s a slight chance that we might see the 15th film on Peacock instead of DVD?

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
It's always a possibility :rainbowThinking

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Seeing as now Peacock exists, and Universal recently put a new Curious George movie on Peacock (instead of releasing it to DVD right away), do you think there’s a slight chance that we might see the 15th film on Peacock instead of DVD?
Those sorts of channels sure are the rage these days. It's most certainly possible.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

That will most likely be what will happen. Does Universal still own rights to TLBT? They are starting their own Universal+ streaming service.

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That will most likely be what will happen.

Glad someone agrees!  :ChomperImAwesome

Does Universal still own rights to TLBT?

And yes, Universal still owns The Land Before Time franchise.

They are starting their own Universal+ streaming service.

I’m pretty sure Universal+ is just going to be a streaming service made exclusively for Spain, but still, putting it on that works too (since I’ve never seen Spain get Peacock).

fried-longneck

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • He could be any one of us
    • View Profile
If jurassic world dominion will be succesfull we might get lbt 15 on streaming services

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I'm generally a bit of a negative Nelly as far as predicting new installments in the franchises I love. Strikes me as a way to set myself up for disappointment. In all truth though, I can absolutely see Universal pushing out another LBT sequel, if only to be a kid-friendly cash-in on the latest Jurassic World. At the same time, I can see them doing a full-on reboot because that's just so popular now. Might save them time and effort to just make another sequel, but it's hard to resist them cinematic universe bucks. Despite LBT already being a pretty solid base for a cinematic universe as it stands, if Universal would commit to a continuity. You could build a lot off of the pre-established characters, if the will was there, but I don't think it is particularly, at least, not within Universal's ranks.

I speculate too much. Pretty much, I do believe we'll get something eventually. Eventually. But I could just as easily be wrong and Journey of the Brave killed the franchise.

Nanotyrannus

• Junior synonym
  • Chomper
  • i'll put something here eventually
    • View Profile
There wasn't a movie to tie into Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, so I think the chances of there being one tie tie into Dominion are very low at best.

I personally think that Journey of the Brave was just a one-off thing made to piggyback Universal's other dinosaur movie from that time, and that they didn't/still don't have any plans of following up on it in any way.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
There wasn't a movie to tie into Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, so I think the chances of there being one tie tie into Dominion are very low at best.
Sadly, this.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
If jurassic world dominion will be succesfull we might get lbt 15 on streaming services

Indeed, we need a Dino resurgence to prompt Universal to make LBT 15. 

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
To be honest, I can't see LBT 15 being a thing at all unless there is a dino resurgence like Nanotyrannus said. But even then. If it doesn't make enough money, Universal isn't going to make it. I can see sometime in the distant future (like 10-50 years), we might get a remake of the LBT movies. After all, there were several remakes running around this last decade. Who knows? It'd be cool to see a more accurate depiction of the gang and the other prehistoric creatures. After all, I'd like to see Pterano return in one of these remakes, mainly because I can't see Pterano ever returning in the current series. It would also be pretty cool to see some darker themes, like, not mature themes per se, but material that addresses more serious matters like racism, climate change, and immigration like in the first movie.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If it doesn't make enough money, Universal isn't going to make it.

Well, Fallen Kingdom made lots of money.  But due to negative reviews I believe, they probably never made the 15th film to the LBT franchise.  So it’s not just about the money, it’s also about if it’ll get positive reviews or not.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
If it doesn't make enough money, Universal isn't going to make it.

Well, Fallen Kingdom made lots of money.  But due to negative reviews I believe, they probably never made the 15th film to the LBT franchise.  So it’s not just about the money, it’s also about if it’ll get positive reviews or not.

Fair point.

Another is the trend is to create verses, as in Marvelverse and etc; where there is a stream of movies, shows, books, games and etc that all connect and have parts of the story that complete the whole. I admit this would be hard for LBT to achieve in Pixar 3D animation era.