The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mr. Stick adventure (chapter 1)

Sneak · 451 · 46272

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hahaha the finland image is now officially my favorite :D

Sorry, I got nothing else...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I apologize for not responding for a while. But honestly, yeah, I too have been completely stumped.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
<Well, I guess, there's no point in wasting any more time, then.
Let's do it.>

One great man said, "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth". I think I should do that too...

Mr. Stick calls his inner powers of logic, analysis and imagination!

What we have here, around and with us?

Inventory:
- big blank sheet of paper
- flashlight (without batteries)
- long thin rubber tube
- thin metal rod
- long metal stick with screw at the end
- strange tool
- small paper with symbols
- STUPID STRONG METAL BOX
- two small batteries (energy is almost empty)

Mr. stick has a clear picture of all rooms and items in his mind.

We have to find a way to open the box.

Now, it's up to you:

Point what room object or inventory item we should eliminate, one by one, and mr. Stick will erase it from the picture in his mind.
Point what can be dismissed without a doubt, what can't be used to open the box logically.
While pointing, write a brief short explanation, why you think so, even if it's obvious. and let's see if mr. Stick agrees with you on it.

Please, write two options at max in single post. Let's analyze it slowly and carefully.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 08:53:27 AM by Sneak »

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Guess I'll start!

I don't think we can use the cardboard box in the basement for anything. It's not strong enough to open the metal box with.

For the same reason, I think we can ignore the small piece of paper from the inventory.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Guess I'll start!

I don't think we can use the cardboard box in the basement for anything. It's not strong enough to open the metal box with.

For the same reason, I think we can ignore the small piece of paper from the inventory.

Great start!

Indeed, these items are too weak to do any physical damage to the box.

Also, mr. Stick can add that their thinness and bending abilities are useless now, since there's no single gap or something like that in the box, as we found out. And mr. Stick is definitely sure these items can't be used as components to some futuristic cutter or chemical bomb or any other complex smart methods to cut the box open! :P

And mr. Stick checked through all rooms many times, being sure that he didn't miss anything, like some smarty mechanism, made by insane constructor of this weird place, that can open the box and requires cardboard box or entering symbols from paper to be operated with.

In other words - it's impossible to use them for opening metal box.

Makes sense, do you agree with mr. Stick?

Let's eliminate cardboard box and both papers then!

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flashlight and batteries, I guess. (Still want to rub the batteries together to create a fire even if it's the wrong answer :P )

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&amp;Tomato) on July 30, 2021, 02:56:57 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on July 30, 2021, 02:56:57 PM
Flashlight and batteries, I guess. (Still want to rub the batteries together to create a fire even if it's the wrong answer :P )

Mr. Stick is sure that flashlight with almost dead batteries can't break the box open.
So - au revoir!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
How about the tube and little metal rod? They seem kind of useless at this point.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
How about the tube and little metal rod? They seem kind of useless at this point.

Yes, mr. Stick can't see how rubber tube can directly open the box. Little thin metal rod also can't pry box open - mr. Stick already tried to remove rivets, find a gap or push through.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 06:40:46 AM by Sneak »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Since the metal box is still in our inventory, I humbly suggest we use the metal box to open the metal box

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hahaha ^.

I don't think any of the holes in the wall will help us either, since we've interacted with all of them and metal box doesnt fit.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&amp;Tomato) on August 12, 2021, 09:57:02 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on August 12, 2021, 09:57:02 PM
Since the metal box is still in our inventory, I humbly suggest we use the metal box to open the metal box

You can't.

Hahaha ^.

I don't think any of the holes in the wall will help us either, since we've interacted with all of them and metal box doesnt fit.

Holes... Mr.Stick can see...

But let's be more specific and consequent. There's a lot of different holes in both rooms.
Mr. Stick wants you to point what holes you want to eliminate from the picture with describing, in what room hole is located, if anything else can be used on hole, and what result happens after this interaction.
Let's eliminate two holes per one suggestion.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 05:13:36 AM by Sneak »

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, the two small holes on the left side of the bottom room.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Unless Mumbling's solves the puzzle, I suggest we take the two-pronged tool and stick both prongs into the two holes inside the hatch near the door on the upper floor

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, the two small holes on the left side of the bottom room.

Please, don't forget to remind mr. Stick what these holes do when you make suggestion.
Well, in this case, mr. Stick remembers.
First hole that was hidden behind cardboard box does nothing, it seems. Even after he inserts thin metal rod in it, nothing seems to happen.
And second hole is NOT a hole at all! You mean big not-exactly-BUTTON, right? Where screwdriver-like tool was hidden?
But yeah, seems that both these objects can't help mr. Stick to open the box, so he eliminates them.

Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&amp;Tomato) on August 14, 2021, 01:05:08 AM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on August 14, 2021, 01:05:08 AM
Unless Mumbling's solves the puzzle, I suggest we take the two-pronged tool and stick both prongs into the two holes inside the hatch near the door on the upper floor

Mr. Stick remembers he already tried this. That one, and other similar ones is not used to be interacted with anything but thin rod at this point, it seems.

And also, there's only ONE hole inside wall cache!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 06:27:35 AM by Sneak »