The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Who would you like to see in a LBT TV series episode?

Poll

Who would you like to see in a LBT TV series episode?

Ozzy and Strut
Chomper's parents
Ichy and Dil
Archie
Rainbow Faces
Pterano
Rinkus and Sierra
Bron
Pat
Sue
Tickles
Tinysauruses
Tippy
Swimming Sharptooth from LBT IX
Plated Sharptooth from LBT V

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
@OwlsCantRead That would have been a great full circle story. Its ironic, what you pointed out, the Gang would have never met, raised, and befriended Chomper had it not been for for Ozzy and Strut stealing the egg. As It is written, “God works in mysterious ways.” :)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I've already talked about this at length in the Feb 2020 Monthly Showcase, but my vote is Ozzy & Strut, if anything, because with the TV series' focus on Chomper, it would have been thematically appropriate for the eggstealer duo to run afoul of the egg who eluded them all those years ago.

It might even make for an interesting arc where Chomper has to stave off a desire for comeuppance given his friendly sharptooth status, especially since Ozzy had tried to have him killed for a snack in LBT2. If Ozzy and Strut had made an appearance things would have come full circle, given the gang's friendship with Chomper only happened because of the eggstealers' interference in the valley, and I just think that it would be a nice finale to wrap things up thematically for Chomper.

I've thought myself that a "Chomper vs. Ozzy and Strut" sort of situation could be interesting. That could have been some interesting character development for Chomper...just how would he feel about those two returning to the valley?

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I've already talked about this at length in the Feb 2020 Monthly Showcase, but my vote is Ozzy & Strut, if anything, because with the TV series' focus on Chomper, it would have been thematically appropriate for the eggstealer duo to run afoul of the egg who eluded them all those years ago.

It might even make for an interesting arc where Chomper has to stave off a desire for comeuppance given his friendly sharptooth status, especially since Ozzy had tried to have him killed for a snack in LBT2. If Ozzy and Strut had made an appearance things would have come full circle, given the gang's friendship with Chomper only happened because of the eggstealers' interference in the valley, and I just think that it would be a nice finale to wrap things up thematically for Chomper.

I've thought myself that a "Chomper vs. Ozzy and Strut" sort of situation could be interesting. That could have been some interesting character development for Chomper...just how would he feel about those two returning to the valley?

He would invite them for dinner and sing "Friends for Dinner." Then when Chomper asked Ozzy what he wanted to eat, Ozzy would sing "Eggs." It would be the most musical LBT TV series episode!  :PCera
Go Chomper!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Ozzy: Let’s crack some eggs!

Chomper: Hey!

sordessie

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Much as I'd love to see Pterano again Chomper's Parents have to be my pick. Little family reunion with their kiddo.  :celebrate

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Although I haven't finished watching the TV series yet, I completely agree. Chomper's parents need to make a comeback.
:chompysmile

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I would like to see Ozzy and Strut, and Pterano. One thing, that I would especially like would be, that when Strut is being pushed over the edge by long-term mistreatment, he stands up to Ozzy, and thwarts his plans.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I would like to see Ozzy and Strut, and Pterano. One thing, that I would especially like would be, that when Strut is being pushed over the edge by long-term mistreatment, he stands up to Ozzy, and thwarts his plans.

I would love to Strut get a redemption arc.  :^^spike

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I would love to Strut get a redemption arc.  :^^spike
I'll add to this Ozzy and Strut train. I'd have wanted them to get in an episode, but instead of Chomper, I'd be interested in seeing Ruby in a lead role talking to them.  Actually, the idea I'm about to pose would make a great add-on to an earlier concept I had where Topps is suspicious of Ruby because her kind is stereotyped as egg thieves. Also, all of this assuming that the two brothers aren't straight up dead at the end of LBT II, mauled, maimed, and disemboweled by Chomper's parents. This is preschool hours, the 8-9 AM slot when the show was still running, we can't have too much death.

Suppose Ozzy and Strut get separated in a cave-in or other earthshake related mishap, as the gang are so prone to. Strut is left with Ruby, maybe Ozzy's left with Chomper, but I'm focusing on the former. This would be a scenario a la Escape From the Mysterious Beyond. So the brothers are separated, but Strut and Ruby are still stuck in this cave, trying to find their way out. There's not much food, and Ruby's doing okay, she ate earlier, but Strut, thanks to pressure against eating greenfood from his brother, is hungry and struggling. They come across a small skylight with a pond where a bit of greenfood and maybe even some shellfish are thriving, and Ruby suggests Strut have some. He's reluctant and surprised at Ruby's suggestion.

"Didn't your parents ever tell you things like us're supposed t'eat eggs?" he'd ask.

"No," Ruby would reply. "They told me that some fast runners do and some don't. Fast runners just like you even, all greens and greens all the time. You must have come from very far through the mysterious beyond."

Strut is a little taken a back and in-denial after hearing this, but the ferns around the pond do look pretty appetizing and one bite couldn't hurt, right? Of course, he takes one bite and is gorging himself because finally Ozzy isn't around to bully him out of it.

Ruby, feeling a bit sorry for the hungry guy, grabs a clam out of the water and places it down next to where he's eating.

"Try it," she insists. "It's got a hard shell, just like an egg. You can crunch right through it if you like crunching as much as I do."

Strut is skeptical, but tries at her behest and what do you know, it's not half bad. Strut likes the greenfood, but his brother might just really appreciate the clam. Ruby resolves to take one to Ozzy, just to see.

That's about where my specific ideas end. Yada yada, there's a plot A and plot B, one of which is Strut and Ruby, the other of which is probably keeping Ozzy away from a stolen egg. At the end, Strut gives his brother a piece of his mind and Ruby gives Ozzy the clam. What do you know, Ozzy thinks it's pretty darn good, maybe even better than an egg, but he's a stubborn struthi, so maybe not too.

Pretty rough ideas, but I thought this would be neat, seeing as Ruby and Ozzy + Strut aren't too far off in LBT terms. Both fast runners and traditionally stereotyped as egg stealers when it seems reasonable that they could have been omnivorous and chosen not to eat others' offspring, like Strut and maybe even Ozzy would ultimately here. Definitely want that Strut redemption arc either way. I like to imagine that Strut's a bit desperate and loopy towards the end of LBT II because his brother won't let him eat anything. We all learn a valuable lesson about judging people about how they look and how people can change and all that good, moral stuff.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
I know the TV series is over already, and there’s no chance for a second season (unless Universal decides to put a 2nd season on Peacock.), but I’ve always wanted to see Ozzy and Strut’s reaction when they see Chomper again… :idea

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^I would love to see that too. Ozzy and Strut always felt to me like they'd be a good fit for the TV series in general.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I know the TV series is over already, and there’s no chance for a second season (unless Universal decides to put a 2nd season on Peacock.), but I’ve always wanted to see Ozzy and Strut’s reaction when they see Chomper again… :idea

Ozzy and Strut: Sharptooth?! Aaah!
*They jump off cliff*

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I'd like to see Chomper's parents again, a family reunion like that would be cool. Maybe another epic fight scene between them and Red Claw, Screech and Thud to protect the gang? I enjoyed the fight between them and the plated sharptooth so I think it would be cool to see a callback to that.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'd like to see Chomper's parents again, a family reunion like that would be cool. Maybe another epic fight scene between them and Red Claw, Screech and Thud to protect the gang? I enjoyed the fight between them and the plated sharptooth so I think it would be cool to see a callback to that.
Did we ever see Chomper's parents in the TV series? I don't remember.

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, no. LBT II and V were the only ones they appeared in.

I like what you wrote about what Chomper's parents could do in an LBT series episode, SRFG.
Go Chomper!

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, no. LBT II and V were the only ones they appeared in.
Oh, that's sad.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Agreed. Chomper's parents are among my favourite characters in the franchise, and thus they're among the characters I most wish we could've seen again. All the more jarring since Chomper himself was part of the main cast in the TV series, but we never got to see his parents again. Maybe they would've shown up if there'd been a second season.

:rainbowwave
The Rainbow Faces need a reappearance. They are amongst my favourite characters in LBT and have a lot of mysteries behind. They are a prominent reoccurrence in roleplays I do.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 08:44:35 AM by Feathercrest the Parasaur »