The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Talon: An upcoming LBT-like Dinosaur science fantasy adventure show

gutza1 · 9 · 1207

gutza1

• Chomper
    • View Profile
In the past few months I've stumbled upon promotional material for Talon, a pitch for an animated science fantasy adventure show that pitches itself as "LBT meets Avatar: the Last Airbender." The concept is set in a prehistoric Earth inhabited by dinosaurs with magical powers threatened by an alien invasion and is centered around Talon, a young Dakotaraptor who must assemble a team of other dinosaurs to fight off the mutated minions and bioengineered horrors of the alien invaders. I'm getting heavy Twilight Valley vibes from this and it seems quite ambitious.

Currently, the team is putting together an animatic for a Kickstarter to produce the pilot episode which would then be used to pitch to an existing network, Hazbin Hotel-style.

The creator's Twitter account
The creator's Twitter account

The associated series Instagram account with concept art
"This song is new to me, but I am honored to be a part of it."
-Solanum

The Mr. E's science advisor and the GoF's resident spaceflight enthusiast

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Wow, that actually looks pretty good. Animated series are fricking hard to make, tbh I’d almost recommend he just do a webcomic for a few years and build up a following, it’s super important to start off slow with this sort of thing and be sure you actually have the foundation (both in skill, community, and vision) to make it happen. I’m concerned he’s jumping the gun by gunning straight for a TV show instead of building experience with the brand/characters and keeping starter objectives reasonable.

gutza1

• Chomper
    • View Profile
And now the official trailer is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szBdg_uZ5uc

I am getting a lot of LBT vibes what with Talon's mother dying to a T.rex.
"This song is new to me, but I am honored to be a part of it."
-Solanum

The Mr. E's science advisor and the GoF's resident spaceflight enthusiast

ManOfWar GT

• Spike
  • He/him
    • View Profile
i really like this trailer. it's well animated and has a cool story. I'm excited for the final product of this film.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Not sure how I feel about the "Avatar: The Last Airbender" angle its taking, but overall, it looks pretty cool.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I'm tired of things trying to be like Avatar. This looks like something I would have written when I was a kid, heck I could see myself wanting to watch this when I was ten. Now though? Naw.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
And now the official trailer is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szBdg_uZ5uc

I am getting a lot of LBT vibes what with Talon's mother dying to a T.rex.

Woah.. this is brillant! Reminds me of LBT meets Primal meets Kong Fu Panda.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith