The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As a fan of the show since the very beginning, I am SO looking forward to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKE2DC7Xzog

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh my... :O
They actually did this...
Well, I am looking forward it till the release. Hope they don't screw it up.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, this thing is out now and I watched it.

It's actually a pretty good, near 1 hour, Anniversary Special.   It's quite enjoyable and has everything I could want in a special.  Also, it's more violent than most episodes of Power Rangers.  However, they can get away with a lot of it because they're beating up foes made of clay and metal.  No one's going to care about a killer robot getting quite literally stabbed in the back or a clay man that sounds like a turkey (their words, not mine) becoming a pile of pebbles.

Robo-Rita is a great villain and I loved how she up's the stakes in this.  She literally wants to kill the rangers.  She can even do it in one attack if she wants. 
Spoiler: ShowHide
Which she does do to one of them.  Ah, crap! :cry
She even has a really good plan and I love it.  She was around for less than an hour and I loved every minute of her.

It's also a good Passing the Torch Story.  Who gets the powers when a ranger dies?  Are they so tied to the original that they can't be passed on?  Are the powers as gone as the ranger is?
Spoiler: ShowHide
Turns out the answer is "maybe".
Minh was also a pretty good character.  Starting out with wanting revenge, but learning that it's not the answer.  At this point, I am happy to have her as the new Yellow Saber-Tooth Power Ranger.

It was a great watch and I'll probably watch it again someday.

For now, I got to get back to my TMNT 2012 binge.

See ya later! :wave

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I loved it. The nostalgia was so strong. But I really enjoyed Billy and Zack being the head ranger for once.
Gotta say it has a dark moment when a certain ranger is slain via a death spell.

Seeing and hearing the Green Ranger in his Dragon armor made me weep, since Jason David Frank died. :(

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith