The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Bluthies"

Petrie. · 14 · 1868

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Or those that have seen just about everything Don Bluth has made and has largely enjoyed it.  I think I'm a Bluthie....seen/heard/have cd/dvd of just about all of his stuff:

NIMH
Tail
LBT
All Dogs
Rock A Doodle
PATP
Anastasia
Bartok the Magnificent

I've no reason to see Titan AE.

I suspect most here are Bluthies as well or have followed what LBT's creator has done over his career.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm more of a Trekkie, so I haven't really seen most of the other Don Bluth films. About the only other one other than LBT is All Dogs Go to Heaven.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
That remark was all it took to make me realize that the two of us have nothing to say to one another.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I would also consider myself to be a "Bluthie." Sadly, almost every other animation fan seems to hate him for some reason, and it pisses me off to see such a good animation director bashed.   :mad

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Sep 23 2007 on  03:50 PM
That remark was all it took to make me realize that the two of us have nothing to say to one another.
Oh well....that type of film doesn't interest me.  -_-  Bluth or not, I wouldn't watch it.

I would also consider myself to be a "Bluthie." Sadly, almost every other animation fan seems to hate him for some reason, and it pisses me off to see such a good animation director bashed.

Maybe its just the places I go but I often don't see Bluth bashers.  Most do say he did his best work in the 80s and kind of had a "mid-life crisis" of sorts with Rock a Doodle and Thumbelina, and Pebble too.  They agree that yeah he has some bad films but also good films.  I don't call that bashing.

Tikaani Strike

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I'm a HUGE fan of Don Bluth's creation, from All Dogs to American Tail to one of my favorites, NIMH. I never liked the sequels to any of them...and I've never seen Titan AE.
i always loved how it was such a step from Disney. When I started getting serious about animation, I stepped out from Disney and explored a lot of different movies, and I loved how Don Bluth could take the darkest situations and keep it G. That in itself amazed me. It was always so good to have a creative mind like his to bring these stories to life.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've seen most of the movies you've mentioned, but I only liked LBT.  I didn't like the others too much for some reason. :unsure:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I've seen The Land Before Time, All Dogs Go To Heaven, Titan A.E., Rock-A-Doodle-Doo, The Secret of NIMH, An American Tail, and Anastasia.

What is PATP?

Tikaani Strike

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Oct 19 2007 on  07:15 PM
What is PATP?
The Pebble and the Penguin

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I personally really like:
Anastasia-Yeah, it's not completely accurate, but I really love this movie. What's funny, I don't remember loving this movie as a kid, but because I know about the true story of Anastasia and this movie gives me that "mystical" feeling every time I watch it, I just really like it.

An American Tail-I LOVED this movie as a kid. I used to LOVE rodents as well(hence my username ) I wanted a pet mouse, but I grew out of it. Even if the cats were trying to get at poor Fivel(I think that's how you spell his name) I was permanently a cat lady for life. (Not the crazy anti-social lady with a billion cats in her house, but I am a SERIOUS cat lover)

The Secret of Nimh- I heard it was not like the book at all, but I really liked it. Not enough to buy it myself, but I still really liked it. I thought it was very enjoyable.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked those of his films I have seen.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
You forgot to add:

A Troll in Central Park:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDJo5-tGtJc (all of it is on you tube)

Banjo the Woodpile Cat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QozwP4VmKcs

Thumbalina

Dragon's Lair and Space Ace (I have pics of the posters from an arcade, since I belive the movies were based off games)

Titan AE was accually pretty good but I like the style he uses for All Dogs, American Tail, ect.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have rewatched All dogs Go to Heaven today after a long time. And it was the first time I watched it in English. So good to hear beautiful voices and unspoiled-by-translations speech.