The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Custom Guitar Hero Songs

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Check out these these songs that people have made!
Bowser the Shredder
Mario Minor
Blood of Ganon
Metroid Metal-Lower Norfair
Some of these songs are insane *cough* Bowser the Shredder *cough*.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okaaay, that was pretty freakin' good! :lol  :lol:

Something I've never really looked into is, how does one add custom songs to Guitar Hero? I don't own the game so I've never done my research.  I have Frets of Fire, which is an open-source PC remake, still in development.  It's pretty cool but barebones.  Good potential though. :)

I'm alright at Guitar Hero, considering I've only played about 10 songs. My best score was 100% on medium (only did that once!), usually in the low to mid 90's.  I get killed on Hard though...don't have the coordination yet.  Lack of experience :p  Don't get me started on Expert...oh geez!

Any Guitar Hero players here?  I find it oddly amusing. Still prefer DDR though! B)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i'm a Guitar Hero player, i can do any song on hard on Guitar Hero II and almost all of them on Guitar Hero III. I can also do expert quite well too, though i can't play the harder songs. I've never played Guitar Hero I
Something I've never really looked into is, how does one add custom songs to Guitar Hero?
First, you need a fat (old) PS2 with a modified hardrive. Then theres a program you can download on your computer. After that, place the game disc in your computers disc drive and copy some files or something, i don't know how to make the songs that much other then that. You can find a tutorial on how to do it on Youtube though.
Still prefer DDR though!
They have a stepmania version of Bowser the Shredder as well, though it only looks possible if your using the keyboard, not sure though.
Bowser the Shredder-Stepmania version

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i'm a Guitar Hero player, i can do any song on hard on Guitar Hero II and almost all of them on Guitar Hero III. I can also do expert quite well too, though i can't play the harder songs. I've never played Guitar Hero I
Nice! :D  :wow

First, you need a fat (old) PS2 with a modified hardrive. Then theres a program you can download on your computer. After that, place the game disc in your computers disc drive and copy some files or something, i don't know how to make the songs that much other then that. You can find a tutorial on how to do it on Youtube though.
I see. I was just curious, thanks for the reply. :)

They have a stepmania version of Bowser the Shredder as well, though it only looks possible if your using the keyboard, not sure though.
Bowser the Shredder-Stepmania version
Yeah, that's a keyboard only song.  I'm watching that and the patterns are too brutal (not to mention, 8th notes changing on one foot while holding a freeze arrow with the other...).  I might go dig it up one day; we'll see. :P:
Well...one *could* probably do it on feet if they're in very good condition but it would be a HARD 11 or 12 difficulty for sure.  Very tough.