The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Does LBT make you cry?

Hyp · 141 · 24570

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
i like that question, it makes sence too who wouldent feel sad?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Arr I used to cry when I saw it but I really haven't watched it in a while matey yarr.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: stars,Sep 19 2008 on  05:05 PM
it makes sence too who wouldent feel sad?
People that are able to detach themselves from that human part of grieving for loosing a loved one. Some people are actually able to do that, and they are called "weird" to doing such.

Sure it made me sad...but I didn't cry. :p

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The first I saw it, some years ago(more than some years ago), I cried I remenber.
When I saw it again a time, I dind¥t cry, I was sad really sad, but I dind¥t cry, guess that would depend on the person.

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
Does LBT make me cry? Of course it does, and even to this day. Not too many movies actually move me to tears and LBT is right in there with them. Littlefoot's mom dying, Littlefoot's grieving process, and when it seemed the Sharptooth ate Petrie. I still catch myself misting up. :)

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii
Oh, yeah!
There are many sad scenes in this movie...

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile

So I saw this topic and thought for a moment.   I can honestly say that not once when I first saw it as a kid to the pointwhen I watched it after Aves pushed me to this board, did it make me misty.  Or Ash.   And definitely not Brock.

Regardless only two fictional events have made me tear up.   Lion King with the dead Mufasa, and Martin the Warrior when Felldoh gets dead.    Nothing else.  

~Tobe

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I agree. I didn't cry when I watched this when I was 5 or 6, but after watching it recently I now understand the emotional impact it creates. I guess it's good that younger kids don't understand just how emotional that scene is, but then again it can be used to help kids learn to be strong after the loss of a loved one.

If We Hold On Together always makes me cry a little. It has to be one of the most heart warming songs ever written.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been checking out some vids that rate the Saddest Moments Ever, and The Death of Littlefoot's Mother always makes the list!  Face it haters, this series is famous just for this one scene. :(

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It has a number of sad moments.  It would hard for some to say which is the most sad.  Littlefoot's mother and the speech she has before she dies is one of them.  Another may be when Littlefoot sees his shadow and thinks it is his mother, when he has lost all hope and is non caring what happens to him, ect.

RFZT

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Just listening to the soundtrack makes me cry.

I'm a complete mess every time I watch this movie, and I'm 15. When Littlefoot's mom died, that was the first movie scene ever to make me cry. I was three.

It's impossible for me not to cry when I watch the original Land Before Time. Sometimes I even get a little scared, and there's only ONE scene in ALL the sequels that makes me scared. More on that later.

The original LBT is a moving, serious film. It looks like it's for kids because it's an animated movie about dinosaurs, but I almost find it more for adults, because they understand so much more. Then again, aren't all Bluth's films like that? Anyway. There are so many touching and moving moments, I just can't help but cry all the way through the movie starting from when Littlefoot's mom fights Sharptooth. After that, ANY reference to his mom makes me cry really, really, really, really, really,

Really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hard. Like when Littlefoot talks to Rooter; and he communicates with his mom through the tree star; when Sharptooth stomps the tree star; and at the end when her spirit leads the way to the Great Valley, and so on. Heh. I was still crying even after Rooter was finished talking to Littlefoot. Then there's the scene with the flyers and the cherry, and I giggle in spite of myself. Then I start crying again. It literally takes me about ten minutes to stop.
Hey, do any of you think Rooter is Spike's dad? I think Rooter thought he lost Spike for good after the earthquake, and that's why he said what he said to Littlefoot.

Now, the ONLY scene in the sequels that scares me. It's in the seventh film, when Grandpa tells the kids about why Pterano was exiled. It scared me because those other dinosaurs trusted Pterano, and he ended up getting them all killed. I dunno, it just scares me.

*scrolls up* Yeesh. Will I EVER make a short post on thie forum?   :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
*scrolls up* Yeesh. Will I EVER make a short post on thie forum?
I beg you, don't :)  
Seriously, long posts give you more to talk about and you will find that there are others on the GOF who will not write in laconic shortness either (won't she The Friendly Sharptooth? ;)). Personally I'm a bit less active these days than I usually am, as I have a lot of work to deal with at the moment.
Hey, do any of you think Rooter is Spike's dad? I think Rooter thought he lost Spike for good after the earthquake, and that's why he said what he said to Littlefoot.
An interesting idea, but I seriously doubt the two to be related. Rooter looks so old that it would probably come down to him being a grandfather than a father if at all. However, even though the plates on Spike's back are not yet fully grown (so there is a certain resemblance to Rooter), he has always been identified as a "spiketail", Stegosaurus. Rooter however is a different species (possibly a Nodosaurus).
Now, the ONLY scene in the sequels that scares me. It's in the seventh film, when Grandpa tells the kids about why Pterano was exiled. It scared me because those other dinosaurs trusted Pterano, and he ended up getting them all killed. I dunno, it just scares me.
Pterano and what he did / did not are some of the most interesting elements from the sequels and one of the "darkest" elements since the sequels were from the beginning generally much more lighthearted than the original movie. There are threads on him in the character discussion section as well I think.

kanganix

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My FurAffinity
TLBT make me almost cry in there 1st and 10th movies

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The closest was certain scenes of the 1st movie, that I've come to any lbt, or other movie, though I don't think I'm capable of crying.  It did have some very sad scenes indeed.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I show plenty sympathy.  If only they have kept all the scenes that was cut out.  The Movie would be even more AWESOME than its formal State.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The first time i watched Land Before Time i wasn't really effected by some of the scenes because i was to little to really understand what was going on. Then all of a sudden movies 1, 2, 3 and 5 came on (Wish 4 would come on) and i recorded.. but enough about that..

When i was able to watch movie 1 i had to try really hard not to cry. Reasons being:
I have not watched the movie in years
The music at the beginning and when Littlefoot hatches and the battle between the sharptooth and littlefoots mother.
Everything about the battle scene. The coloring, the music, the sound, everything.

With the Beginning and Hatching, it was more like happy tears. But when it got to the battle scene(Even before when Sharptooth chases littlefoot and cera into the thorns) it came to being scared even though T_Rex is my favorite dinosuar, and sad now knowing what's going to happen next..

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
I cried when I watched it 5 months ago since I forgot what happened in LBT 1. I didn't see the movie since I was 5 years old. So I forgot the plot and everything.

All I remembered before was Littlefoot mother dying. But I didn't remember why she died.

but I still get sad with the ending and Littlefoot crying about his mother.

:cry

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'll admit that I did a little bit when I watched it a couple months ago.  It had also been years since I had last seen it.  I didn't really cry from the movie though (it does evoke a lot of emotion, just not quite enough) but I cried because it reminded me of my childhood and how much I used to love the movies, and basically just how its sucks to be growing up :(

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Quote from: raga,May 5 2009 on  05:48 PM
I'll admit that I did a little bit when I watched it a couple months ago.  It had also been years since I had last seen it.  I didn't really cry from the movie though (it does evoke a lot of emotion, just not quite enough) but I cried because it reminded me of my childhood and how much I used to love the movies, and basically just how its sucks to be growing up :(
Awww. It does kind of suck... But the more I think about it the more abstract it becomes. Maybe if we can just approach the adult world with the same wonder and fascination that we beheld it with when we were young, it will change in its entirety. If not in its entirety, at least in the way that it relates to us.
I still find it ironic that everyone works so hard to instill core values in us when we're young through films and media such as LBT, but as soon as we reach a certain age these same things become 'stupid' and 'childish.' :rolleyes:

Back on topic!
There's only one part in LBT that makes me cry, or at least one part that I remember. When Littlefoot sees his own enlarged shadow and mistakes it as his mother, even going so far as to pursue and embrace it. It's just so powerful and symbolic. Whenever I see it, it reminds me of all of the things that have long disappeared that I still search for in earnest, and strikes such a deep personal chord. It's a beautiful scene.