The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Wall-E

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Yet another fantastic pixar/disney film. :)

I had no idea that Wall-E was going to be this good. First of all, when I saw it was about a robot, I thought it was going to be one of those cheesy, kid films that had no plot what so ever, but I thought over how I had no idea how Ratatouille was going to be. I thought it was going to be one of those cutesy kid films.

If you have read 1984 or Animal Farm, it's a bit like that. How the plot is set up and such.

So discuss Wall-E here.

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
I thought this film was cute. It was perty good and i did like it. The graphics were good. It had a futuristic theme to it that was cool.  :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Would have been better without the "stop polluting the planet" and "humans are getting more fatass by the minute" messages in it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
not out here, looks not so good,

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: kjeldo,Jul 17 2008 on  01:18 PM
not out here, looks not so good,
What he sais.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jul 17 2008 on  02:31 AM
Would have been better without the "stop polluting the planet" and "humans are getting more fatass by the minute" messages in it.
Supposedly, that part of it was unintentional. I saw a video on youtube where disney channel or someone was interviewing the director and he said that the save the environment thing was unintentional. Personally, I like that message, I care for the environment and all its forms.

But of course, that would be me getting off topic.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, if it was unintentional, then I just may look at it with an mor eopen mind. I just didn't like the feeling that I was being preached to, especially over something I see everywhere I go, literally. I also care about the environment, but geez, all those "save the flora and fauna!" treehuggers get annoying after a while!

Anyway, back to topic, I liked the film overall, but I much prefered the Toy Story movies, A Bug's Life, The Incredibles, and Meet the Robinsons to Wall-E.

My favorite two characters were Wall-E and "Eve-a". There interactions were SO hilarious and they were so comedically mismatched that their scenes were just to die for.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I went and saw this today, and thought it would give Bambi a run for its money for "least amount of words spoken in an animated film but yet you can still read the plot and emotion of what is going on" :p  I sort of made that up but still...very little dialogue, so you really had to *watch* this film to get what's going on.

I felt it wasn't too unusual to see people attached to computers...we're sort of like that anyway right about now. :rolleyes:  Really, a machine-controlled world is not so far-off to be unthinkable, but we're slowly letting it become the case.

I've read that Staton meant this to be nothing more than a love story, but it sure has some deep themes to it as well.  Obviously the movie going public didn't overlook those even if the director felt them irrelevant.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I'd like to see it personally. With the unintentional 'rescue the enviornment' thing, I want to see it more. Yes, I am a tree hugger. But if you think of it, the world just might get to the point where we absolutely MUST leave to go somewhere else because we couldn't care for what we were supposed to care for and end up with a enviornment so bad that we can't survive.

(I like movies and books that deal with preserving nature; some more of those would be good to see)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ptyra,Aug 10 2008 on  05:09 PM
I'd like to see it personally. With the unintentional 'rescue the enviornment' thing, I want to see it more. Yes, I am a tree hugger. But if you think of it, the world just might get to the point where we absolutely MUST leave to go somewhere else because we couldn't care for what we were supposed to care for and end up with a enviornment so bad that we can't survive.

(I like movies and books that deal with preserving nature; some more of those would be good to see)
You and me both! :)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I absolutely loved WALL?E. I thought the characters were really well scripted, the love story between WALL?E and EVE never faltered, the landscapes of the trashed Earth were breathtaking (and rather familiar to San Fransisco Bay), the 2001 reference (when the Captain stood up) was hilarious, and EVE's arm cannon was awesome (Blammo! whole screen obliterated).

Definitely in the top 5 movies I've ever seen, and that includes the 13 LBT's.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Ha! Just read this on another forum, and had to repost it (apparently a trend):

Not really a movie observation..but

I just saw this on another board talking about Wall-E and I just had to post it here. I laughed a little after I saw this, but it's true.. XD

Everyone was talking about how the Mac tone plays after Wall-E charges and this poster added:

"Well that explains why Wall-E is still operational. The other robots were running Vista."

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile