The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Worst Movie Ever!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The title.  Post the worst movie (Or at least one you consider to be really bad) you have ever seen.

My choice would have to be what I consider the worst of the worst, Super Mario Brothers.

Seriously, a movie based off a video game.  Those never work out well, do they? -_-

Well, post away. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I gotta say it's Spaceballs.  Horrible pointless movie. :rolleyes:

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I gotta say it's Spaceballs. Horrible pointless movie.
And let's hope Cyberlizard doesn't see that post :p

As for me, I've never really thought about it as there are so many horrible movies that I've seen. But I have to agree with pokeplayer, Super Mario Brothers was just terrible.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Batman and Robin. Being forced to watch it should be considered a form of torture.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I just lost all respect for landbeforetimelover. First of all, Spaceballs is a great film and an excellent comedy. Secondly, out of all the crap that exists on screen, Spaceballs is the worse you could come up with?!

Of course, I should remember that I'm talking about that one guy who didn't like The Lord of the Rings, either.

Besides which, Red Zone Cuba is the worse movie ever made. An extremely low-budget piece of crap that follows three unsympathetic ex-cons through their various crimes. This film was pointless and about nothing long before Seinfeld was.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
hey het Wr, while I love Spaceballs too, its not everyone;s cup of tea...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not asking anyone to like it, but nothing by Mel Brooks is the worse movie ever. To say that they are is just unimaginative. Its obvious that landbeforetimelover has had a sheltered existance and has never had to sit through a truly horrible cinematic experience. Especially when one compared Spaceballs to "Disaster Movie" and "Meet the Spartans".
I'd almost say that anyone who wishes to post on a "worse movie ever" list should at least sit through Plan 9 and Night of the Leapis, but to make people sit through those is just cruel and unusual.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
like the Pink Panther 2? or anything with Madonna in it?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Pink Panther 2" would be a start, though I wouldn't wish having to watch the ruining of Peter Sellers legacy on anyone.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well, i had to endure Batman and Robin, and it wasn;t until Batman begins that I could finally beguin to forget that Batman and Robin was ever made.. it was THAT bad..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: WeirdRaptor on  
I just lost all respect for landbeforetimelover. / Its obvious that landbeforetimelover has had a sheltered existance and has never had to sit through a truly horrible cinematic experience.
I think that's a little harsh judgment to make based off a movie preference. I'm going to assume you're a little down right now and didn't mean it that way.

But dude, Plan 9 was freaking hilarious. It's not the worst movie ever by a long shot, it's entertaining, and kepps your attention the whole way through, especialy with all the unintentional hilarity. Scores of movies have been bigger letdown s than Plan 9.

My vote for worst movie was The Cat in the Hat with Michael Myers. Terrible choice for the title role, who was played totally lacking the charm of the Seuss character; the story and script were terrible, and the whole moral of the story was completely dropped. It was terrible.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Maybe I did exaggerate a little bit, but seriously, Spaceballs as the worse? He might not like Spaceballs, but it is far from being the worse movie ever made, regardless of opinion. Just compare it to any farsical comedy made in the last decade, and it comes out a much better film. The Scary Movies? Disaster Movie? Date Movie? Meet the Spartans? Super Hero Movie? Epic Movie?

Plan 9 might score points for unintentional hilarity, but its obvious that it wasn't what the filmmakers intended, so its still terrible by all counts. Plus, there are others that are far worse:
Superman: The Quest for Peace
Hobgoblins
Cool World
Pumaman
Carnasaur
The Crawling Eye
Robot vs. The Aztec Mummy
Grinch Night
The recent remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still
Quest for Camelot
Southland Tales
High School Musical 1-312
Space Mutiny
A Sound of Thunder
The Neverending Story 3
Battlefield Earth
Wild Wild West
The Wild World of Batwoman
Electra
Alone in the Dark
Zoom
Manos: The Hand of Fate
Eegah
Zardoz
Gigli
Anaconda
Lost in Space (the movie with Joey from "Friends" in it)
Of all of these, Spaceballs is the worse?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah wild Wild West sucked, and I watched that in theaters too.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I know what are the worst movies.

Second Sequel Movies from Disney like Pocahuntas 2, and Cinderella 2 (THAT SUCK)!!! Not all sequels of each movie are bad but most of them are.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
While those ruin most of the great Disney films, some of the originals weren't that great to begin with..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Sound of Thunder was so depressing. The Ray Bradbury short story was one of my favorites, and to see it like that was just painful.

I want to see Battlefield: Earth just because of how bad it supposedly is. A Scientology Star Wars starring John Travolta? Bet it was better in that timeline where the butterfly died.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I just thought of a worse movie than Spaceballs (but I still hold my opinion that it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen).  "The Diary of Anne Frank" has got to be the most boring movie I've ever seen.  The book was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.  In the movie all you did was watch them watch a clock.  Seriously.  It was horrible!

And the reason I think Spaceballs is one of the the worst movies ever is because I only see movies when they're recommended to me by my friends.  I gotta say that's the only bad movie they've ever had me see.  I don't watch movies unless someone else I know has seen and liked them.  I make sure to stick away from the crap that way. :p

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Happily N'ever After = Epic Fail.  It had bad animation, lame jokes, pathetic characters, and was just a crappy movie.