The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My LBT Website Updates

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I guess I wish you the best.  Please read my PM for further info.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, all I need to do now is pull off some streaming, and the Song Scenes page will be complete.

Still, it's quite a ways to go.  At least I'm making progress.

I won't get back to working on it until later this afternoon seeing as I need to leave for work in about half an hour.  I'll be able to get to it after that.

So, I'll see ya guys later! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, where am I now?  Well, one thing you must understand first off that all of the time after work on Saturday and all of Sunday was spent with family, because of the fact that it was a holiday.  So yeah, I didn't get anywhere those days, but I wouldn't take back the time I spent with family to work on something less meaningful to me.  Time spent with the family is too important to me.

At least I got some work done yesterday, so I can be happy about that.  I have completed the HTML coding that I'll be using for streaming video (The one landbeforetimelover gave me in an earlier post, but with a slight tweak. (The "tweak" being a size change and making the video and so that it ends up in the center of the browser window rather than to the far left.)) on a total of 61 of the videos.  That leaves only 30-some-odd videos left.  That should be done some time tonight, tomorrow morning at the latest.

The reason it'll take until then is simple.  First, I've got a dental appointment this morning, and then after that I have to get ready for work.  So no biggie there.

There's still tons left to do guys.  Still, it's going to be great when it's finished.  I promise. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am now up to 77 of the videos coded for the streaming.  Just under 20 left to go.  However, there is a main reason for me not getting all that far.

Like landbeforetimelover requested, I am using the videos that I originally uploaded onto his server.  However, when I tested one of the videos, I found it to play for only 7 seconds and then stop completely, and at that point, I knew something was wrong.

So, first thing I did was checked every last character in the code.  Nothing was wrong there, so I checked the video on the server itself, and there was the problem.  For one reason or another, the video on the server was only 7 seconds long.

So, simple enough, logical choice is to take it down and put up a new one.  And so I do that... and it's STILL 7 seconds.  WTF!?

So I checked the original file and that turned out to be okay, it played for the full 2:47, so that wasn't the problem and pretty much left me scratching my head.  So, going out on a limb, I then choose to remove the one on the server, take the original and change the name, put it up, and it finally works.

So, for one reason or another the file name, "No One Has to be Alone.flv" tends to make the video 7 seconds when it's put onto landbeforetimelover's server.  Don't know why, but for some reason it does.  The new file name is NOHtbA.flv.

The problem was rather frustrating, and it was late when I finished, so I went to bed. (Also feeling quite tired anyways.)

On my end though, there's been connection problems lately.  This isn't just for my computer, it's for EVERY computer in the house.  The reason behind this is that the "service" connection keeps going down.  It happens randomly, so I'm not sure when I can test all my work for the website.

So yeah, I've also got a connection that LOVES to drop.  Nice problem! :(

Hopefully it can get fixed and I can get this whole thing done a lot more smoothly.

Well, that's the update for now.  I'll see ya later! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Why haven't I updated in over a week?  Because it's been crap trying to update!

I'm not sure what caused this little problem, but something in the code messed up the bar at the very top.  Somehow, the boxes for the links got more spread out.  I seriously don't know what I did wrong.  The only way I could correct the problem was by making the boxes bigger, but that caused it to be bigger than the 1012 pixel limit I've set and go past 1020 all together.  I tried shrinking them back down after making them big enough, but that only caused it to get spread out again.  I don't know what I did wrong, but it forced me to start over.

At least this time around it will go by quicker since I've got a good amount of the content ready.  I actually had finished the Movie Song Scenes page before this problem occurred.

Not to mention work and other things pretty much swamped me.  Someone I met on-line wanted a certain file.  I won't go into details, but the file was bigger than the dang limit set on most e-mail senders. (10 MB?  Seriously?  Give me a break here!) So we then decided to try MSN, but that kept failing to send it.  After 4 attempts, we finally get it sent.  One main problem was the my friend had a slow connection, despite not having Dial-up.  It only finally started going faster after a few days.  That was officially a waste of a week.

Yeah, so in short, little problem caused me to start over, and I was busy with something else all week.  Dang it! :( Hopefully this time around I can find the mistake I made and learn from whatever it was that I did wrong.

With this problematic delay, the site probably won't be ready until August, maybe September, and that's if my PHP studying goes well.  That's what I'll need to make the Join Deal actually work.  I know I could take a shortcut and try to find a place that sets it up for me, but I'm afraid it might cost me a bit and with how work is treating me lately with money, I really can't afford much right now.  I really want to save up for my birthday coming up next month.  There's a few presents I want to get that I really don't want to miss out on.

So that's it for the update.  Problems occurred and I'm forced to start over.

Well, I'll see ya later! -_-

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One whole week later and how am I doing now?

Well, I got back to where I was before the little problem rather quickly and now I have the Song Scenes Episode Page completed.  This now means that I have all of the Song Scenes Pages completed.  Yeah! :D

It is now time to work on the Music Pages.  This will feature not just the songs in MP3, but also the many different unique scores in the series.  I'll also be trying to get a few others up.  These ones will be difficult to get, unfortunately.

So yeah, these pages have a lot of work coming, and at the worst possible time too.

I am officially back to full time hours at my job.  So this means less time to work on my site.

However, I'm hoping to get at least the Movie Music Page done by the end of this week.  So, here's hoping. :)

Well, that's it for the update.  Hopefully I'll get plenty done this week.

Well, see ya later!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*sighs* A depressing week brings forth a depressing update.

Neatless to say, I did not get as far as I had hoped.  My YouTube Account getting disabled really made me feel down.  Not to mention me not being about to go on the upcoming family vacation because stupid work won't let me.  It effected my work and got me behind schedule.  When I finally got back to work, I was so far behind that I couldn't catch up.  Not to mention I didn't need LBTlover's server shutting down on me.  That being said, the unfortunate depression has backed up the website yet again.  I am expecting it launched by September now. (Great!  Now I'll have school schedules affecting traffic expectations.  Not what I really wanted for my launch date.) At least I was able to get most of the HTML files for the music finished.  I'll definitely finish them by tomorrow morning and put them up by the evening.

Yeah, a rotten week and it really affected me.  Sorry guys! :(

I'll do what I can to catch up, but not much is to be expected.  Hopefully this week I will finish the Music Movies page.  I've got a lot of catching up to do.

So yeah, that's it for the update.  Hopefully I'll catch up, but we'll see.

Until then, see ya later! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, where am I now?  Well the Music Pages are nearly complete.  I just need to put up the Scores and I'll be all done with it.  However, I have run into a little problem.

Turns out, I have to do the Song Scenes page all over again.  The move of LBTlover's server has caused a problem.  It was a simple thing that I noted quite easily.  The move changed the IP address slightly, thus causing the files in the server to not work, thus causing the links to not work.  As such, I have to do the HTML files all over again. :(

At least it just needs a slight change, so it shouldn't take long to fix.  I'll have to reupload them into a new folder and everything.  I tell ya, it's a real hassle. -_-

Well, that's all for now.  See ya later! :)