The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask a question, get an answer!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Not nearly as much as when I was younger, but I still do, especially in social situations.  Fear of misreading the other person(s) is what I get self-conscious about.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sure, but not as much as waffles :yes.  Again, my favorite is chocolate chip!

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
:lol Yup!  Jeez, I'm startin' to sound like I live to eat when I rarely eat breakfast :rolleyes:!

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hehe, I don't really like American breakfast foods myself, too sweet for me early in the morning. :x

How are your pups and your parrot?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
They're doin' good :).  I've been tryin' to teach my parrot how to do Curly Howard's (The Three Stooges) "n'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk" and "woo woo woo", and so far he's only picked up on the "woo woo woo" :lol.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I don't have a question at this time. I just wanted to say that I just read that last post, and totally cracked up. (I was sitting down, so I didn't keel over laughing, but my head did hit the keyboard.)
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

EDIT: Okay...I think I've come up with one: how long have you been watching The Three Stooges?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I used to watch it in my teen years, when I had more time on my hands.  I really should get back around to watching it :lol.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I know you like Evanescence, so do you know anything about Amy Lee the lead singer? (I'm doing a speech about her soon.)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
From what I can remember, she is originally from Little Rock, Arkansas.  Ben Moody (the original guitarist) discovered her talent at a music camp when she was playing the piano while singing Meatloaf's "I Would Do Anything For Love But I Won't Do That".  They released a demo CD in 1999, but it was the song "Bring Me To Life" that was their breakthrough.  I have also read that she is married (I think two years by now) but still goes by her maiden name, and the group is getting ready to release a Celtic-like album next year (which I'm really lookin' forward to :D).  I can't recall who she married, but it is not a celebrity.  She had dated the lead singer of Seether for some time, and they even recorded the duet "Broken" (love that song), but I read in an interview she ended the relationship due to him being a heavy drinker.  That's what inspired the song "Call Me When You're Sober".  I believe she has expressed interest in an acting career, but since I don't know what film projects she's involved with, please don't quote me on that.  One more thing I know: a sister of her's died when the sister was very young, and it is believed that is what the song "Hello" is about.  It is also said the song "Like You" is written for her deceased sister, but I'm not sure about that.  It sounds more like an afterlife romantic relationship to me :unsure:.  

That's all I can think of without doing research ;).

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
What is one thing you would change about Twilight Valley? Also, do you have any suggestions or improvements?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The first thing that comes to my mind is more profanity/obscenities, especially during the fight scenes, but that's my thought.  It all depends on how far the author can comfortably take language.  I don't use F-bombs, n*****, certain vulgarities, or any curse with God's name in it, either in my writing or in everyday life.  Anything else is fair game :p.  As for ideas, the only one I can think of for now is to keep the one about capturing and interrogating an enemy sickleclaw ;).

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Sep 26 2009 on  01:12 AM
The first thing that comes to my mind is more profanity/obscenities, especially during the fight scenes, but that's my thought.  It all depends on how far the author can comfortably take language.  I don't use F-bombs, n*****, certain vulgarities, or any curse with God's name in it, either in my writing or in everyday life.  Anything else is fair game :p.  As for ideas, the only one I can think of for now is to keep the one about capturing and interrogating an enemy sickleclaw ;).
Well, I can take foul language to its maximum level but the dinosaurs do not understand certain anatomical terms, religious/racial slurs, anything with God's name in them, the F-obscenity, the b-obscenity, the s-obscenity. That limits me to about 4 profanities, thus I have to use them sparingly or they lose impact.

Also, how many times do you see people talking in fight scenes? :lol

On a side note, why more profanities?

----------------------------

Do you like electronic music?

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess it's 'cuz a high amount of profanity added to a battle of life or death seems to add to the emotional intensity of fights.  I suppose after watching things like the "Saw" series, in which much profanity is used during the trap scenes, it seems weird to see just a moderate amount of profanity used, but that's just me :rolleyes:.  As for the dinosaurs' limited knowledge of profanity/obscenities, I totally forgot about that, so nevermind that idea :bang  :bang.  

I like some electronic music, but not too much.  Just a random electronic song here and there :).

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, thanks for the idea.

---------------------------

Do you like Symphonic Metal?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like some symphonic metal.  Like electronic, I also like random bits of symphonic metal.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile