The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

X Men III

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm going to see it with some friends in the near future in theatres.  I just hope it's better than X-Men 2 was... <_<

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This was a very good movie trust me guys I went too see it today if I was too rate from 1 too 5 with 5 being excellent I'd have too say it was a 4.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
X3 was an utter disappointment. Avoid at costs. In fact, kill the director.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,May 29 2006 on  09:53 PM
X3 was an utter disappointment. Avoid at costs. In fact, kill the director.
LOL wow, that seems a little harsh. But maybe that's just cause I'm such an easy critic too entertain. :lol:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm not going to watch it as it is not my genre. Yet if there is criticism to the point of killing the director (:() we should at least be told what was so bad about it, so everyone understands what the critic is talking about.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
1. Bryan Singer directed the other two, only to be replace by the hack who brought us "Rush Hour" 1&2. Enough said.

(Spoilers)

2. They kill two crucial characters. Two indispensible characters, and treat one of them as a horror film victem, rather than a character from the first two films.
3. They continue to butcher Rogue's character.
4. They underplay the Pheonix subplot to the point where the whole thing is utterly laughable.
5. Magneto seems to just be up to his old tricks.
6. Lameass plot.
7. They butchered the character of Juggernaut. If you're going to include the Juggernaut, do it right. Professor X and the Juggernaut have a past that goes as deep and Prof. X's and Magneto's.
8. The only character they got right was Beast.
9. They picked Halle Berry, the single worst actress in the entire film, to be one of the people who carries the movie.
10. They undermind Cyclos' character...again.
11. Too much Wolverine. Not enough of anyone else.
12. Who the hell is supposed to be the protagonist. The other two films had a focus. This one was off in some random direction.
13. Little substance, little plot.
14. Hell, the little substnce and plot aren't even replaced by much action, which would actually have helped.
15. Not enough Angel.
16. No Nightcrawler. Enough said.
17. Not enough Mysterique.
18. Not enough Prof. X.
19. Not enough Pyro and Iceman.
20. Disappointing Pyro vs. Iceman showdown.
21. Disappointing climax.
22. Too much Wolverine and Storm (I cannot stress that point enough).
23. Complete butcherment of Storm's charcter.
24. Wolverine too soft.
25. Not enough humor.
26. Too much unneeded angst.
27. The action weren't even well-done.
28. Magneto's relationship with Professor X. non-existant.
29. Magneto not showing enough remore over Professor X.'s demise. In the comics, he'd have had doing an all out lamentation.
30. The Pheonix would never have worked with Magneto.
31. Scott should have been the one to save Jean.
32. Hell, Scott should have taken center stage. They have yet to even give Scott even one limelight moment. Too much Wolverine (never understand the appeal in that jackass).

Like I said, some time in a gas chamber would do the director some good.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I don't even think I've watched the first two, much less the third installment.  :lol:  I think I ought to see those before attempting this one.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw it too.  In my opinion, it was very good but very dark, because of the high main character death/neutralization count (5).

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, they're well worth it, Roger, as far as I'm concerned. If you're familiar with the comic,s be prepared for a lot of repartures from the source material, because the director seemed intent of changing every single character, with the sole exception of Professor X. If you haven't read the comics, then you shouldn't have any problem with the changes, but the films, themselves, are paced more slowly than most of the other comic book movies out there.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Comic books were never my thing, so I've never seen them in comic shape or form.  I usually will read comics in the daily paper but that's not quite the same idea.  :P:  We'll see...I have a habit of saying I'll go see a film, and then end up waiting until its on dvd for rent.  :rolleyes:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
They were never really my thing, either, unless I really liked the concepts, story(ies), and characters. X-Men, Spider-Man and such being ones that I did read.

You sound like a friend of mine. He rarely ever makes to the theaters in time to see a film...during its entire run.