The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
This movie was made during a time where America was in its hardest economic malfunction in history. The amazing thing about this movie was also that it was originally in ALL color in an era where practically all tv was made in black and white. Colored tv would not be popular in the USA (I don't know about other countries, though I think Japan was ahead of the USA as far as colored TV went) until around the 60s.

So what does everyone else think of this movie? I remember I used to hate this movie and the character Snow White for being a damsel in distress.

However, I really grew to love this movie for being what it was back in those days. Even miss Snow White has a special place in my heart. I just can't help but love her for her innocence and child-like playfulness. ^^ Heck even her voice doesn't annoy me.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Back in the days I really loved this movie, I though the witch was actually really scary. These days I honour the movie for being the first of many disney classics that have a special place in my heart. I bought it on blu-ray disc recently :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Can't bash Snow White for what is was--a groundbreaking achievement in a time when money was scarce and people thought Disney was crazy for trying to do such a thing.  We have him to thank for full-feature animated films.  You got to be behind the one that started the ball rolling. ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've not seen the whole movie, just clips here and there.  I've likely seen most of the movie with the various clips I've seen over the decades.  And I think it was ground breaking considering the time it came out in, being an animated movie at that time.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I still love that movie to this day. It's such a classic yet groundbreaking masterpiece in the world of animated feature films. Only Disney could pull off something of this quality in my opinion.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This one's been one of my Disney favorites since I was a whippersnapper, with Beauty and the Beast being my favorite.  At least the character Belle is not a stereotypical female.  She did not even come from a prominent family, but that's another topic.

The Dwarves are a riot in my opinion :lol.