The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What is your favourite chocolate?

Saft · 18 · 1844

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
:lol   If we can have a cheese based question we can definetly have a chocolate based question.  Take it as a companion thread, especially since at home both substances are world reknowned for their cheese and chocolate.  Plus also I can't sleep, don't dare to so I have to do something with my time. <_<

So favourite chocolate?

I like white but then again that isn't technically chocolate as it hasn't got it in!:P

And to be normal I suppose, I do like Milk chocolate but not to the great extent as my chocoholic sister. :smile

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I actually truly, don't like chocolate. In my opinion, it's much too bitter. I only like the kinds that have fillings in them like chocolate bars.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dark chocolate.  The darker, the better.  80% cacao and greater :).

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've not sampled all the different types of chocolate, but I guess I'd say dark chocolate.

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
Dark for me with at least 70% cacao. I eat it because I like how it tastes and a pleasant side effect. The Theo buzz is one, but I've noticed my BP goes down a few days after eating the stuff. I guess those studies were right all along.  :smile  

ChaoticMistress

• Petrie
    • View Profile
White, but then again I do like milk chocolate. ^_^

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Feb 24 2011 on  09:37 PM
I actually truly, don't like chocolate. In my opinion, it's much too bitter. I only like the kinds that have fillings in them like chocolate bars.
How can chocolate be bitter? The only bitter chocolate I know is the baking kind of chocolate, and those you aren't supposed to eat by itself.

As for me, I don't really have a favorite. I like milk, dark, and white chocolate, though.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Feb 27 2011 on  04:32 PM
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Feb 24 2011 on  09:37 PM
How can chocolate be bitter? The only bitter chocolate I know is the baking kind of chocolate, and those you aren't supposed to eat by itself.
Dark chocolate with higher cocoa percentages (e.g., 80%) can be pretty bitter. My mom loves that kind of chocolate, but I don't like bitter things, so I prefer the lower percentage stuff. :p

I'm not picky about the kind of chocolate I eat. I love milk chocolate and white chocolate (it contains cocoa butter, so I consider it chocolate) on their own, and dark chocolate when it's used in association with other sweet foods, such as the coating on cherry cordials; to me it complements the taste of the sweeter stuff. I'll eat small amounts of dark chocolate on its own, and will even try the high-cocoa stuff when it's available. (I'm not likely to buy an 80% cocoa bar for myself, but if someone else offers me a piece of theirs… :p) Strangely I don't care much for chocolate ice cream. :confused And I tend to get “chocolated out” more quickly than I think some other people do.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go eat some fudge. :p

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Well, I just think it don't like the taste of any chocolate, per say, it just doesn't taste very good to me. -_- And no, I have never tried baking chocolate.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Feb 26 2011 on  05:00 AM
Dark chocolate. White chocolate is an oxymoron. :p

Dark chocolate. The darker, the better. 80% cacao and greater :yes.

*internet high fives*

Dark chocolate IS the best. Any other form of chocolate isn't real chocolate at all! o.O

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I like all types of chocolate (white, milk, dark) but I'm not a fan of chocolate-flavored things. Cake, milk, marshmallows, cookies...I'm really only a fan of actual chocolate (or if it's a drizzle/dip like on strawberries). So I think I mostly like chocolate for the texture

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I used to love chocolate (especially milk), but I've found I've really gone off it recently. I think the brand I usually get changed its recipe and tastes pretty rubbish now. Probably for the best that I don't eat so much.  :taunttroll

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I guess pretty much any kind that isn’t dark chocolate. I know some people like it but it’s just not my favorite.