The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pokemon

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you remember?

The first animated Pokemon movies from the cinema.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I only remember the very first one, with mew and mewtwo in it. I watched it several times when I was very young. I don't think I ever saw any movies after that one.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've got the first pokemon movie on VHS, and I think the 3rd as well.

Also I've seen the series up to Johto, and several of the episodes of newer generations. They just cannot interest me as much as the older ones did.

Definitely the best cast there was up to now ^^

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
did somebody say pokemon??

i haven't played pokemon in years!!!!1

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh I actually bought a set of pokemon cards recently, but the 5th generation is just really disappointing so far :( The only adorable pokemon I discovered between them was this blue-ish monkey with a snotty nose ;p

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I remember watching "mewtwo strikes back" as a kid and one other one I think, they were really awesome movies to me back then. I am not really interested in the series or the movies much anymore, but to this day I still absolutely love the handheld games they are bringing out for it.

Also I've just recently started collecting the cards again, and I really love the newer generations. I think that they really stepped up the design and artwork. I especially love the pokemon Ex cards, like charizard and mewtwo, since they draw them in 3D and make them seem to actually pop out of the card, which I think is really cool.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I haven't actually seen the new EX cards, but that does sound awesome. Do you have a preference for pokemon of a certain generation?

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I enjoy the Pokemon games but that's about it. As for my favorite pokemon:

Generation I: Charizard

Generation II: Suicune

Generation III: Milotic

Generation VI: I've barely played any of the Gen. VI games so I don't know.

Generation V: I've barely played any of the Gen V games so again, I have no idea.

Also, a year ago I was working on a fanfiction that was basically a reboot of the Pokemon series(or at least my take on it). It was going to be darker and would dispose of many cliches(such as the nurses being clones of one another) and would have Team Rocket being more menacing as well as new syndicate called Team Shade.

It would have featured a new protagonist and would trade the "I wanna be the best" story for a "The fate of the world rests in your hands" story.

As of now the original draft for that story is gone but I may rewrite it in the future.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
LOL!  In a month, the 15th Pokemon movie is hitting theaters in Japan in July.  Yeah, the 15th.  I stopped watching after 11.  xD  The best story and characters, as far as the dub is concerned, has to be Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.  They really went into how the friendship between Sir Aaron and Lucario developed over time. While Mewtwo Strikes Back, if watched in Japanese, has 10 minutes that was cut out of the english version developing Mewtwo's character beyond just killing all humans and saving Pokemon.  Even the scientist that created him was given more depth in those 10 minutes.

As for the series, I gave it a little time.  Before Battle Frontier.  Though Pokemon USA isn't splicing sandwiches over onigiri, the voices under 4Kids were way better.  I still play the games though.  I use a Japanese copy of Black to study the language because it's the first of all the games to use Kanji.

Generation 1: Charizard

Generation 2: Typhlosion

Generation 3: Grovyle

Generation 4: Garchomp

Generation 5: Krokorok

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
OH I'd love to see those 10 minutes of film, because I really enjoyed that movie. That's partially because I love the idea of Lucario in general. *checks out youtube*

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
People call me crazy for loving Rattata, but I do. I've worked magic with that rodent. With Super Fang I could cut anything's HP in half, and hyper fang was stupid powerful for a Route 1 Pokemon. Add Attract so they miss you half the time and Shock Wave, a decently powerful Electric move that never missee, and you're ready for almost anything.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've got the same love for Shinx, early game pokemon but darn strong if trained :)

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I liked very much the first movie, but 2 and 3 less, and I have seen only one more, when Mewtwo returns. I always liked Mewtwo, how he realized, that humans wants just to use him, refused to serve them, fought them, and finally, how he discovered compassion at the end of the story.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Pokemon Movies have been hit or miss for me.  Mostly miss.  In fact, some of them have not aged well.  Heck, I admit to only liking certain ones because of the Pokemon that show up.

The main problem I have with a lot of the movies is that the stories don't work well to some degree.  They could definitely use better writing in quite a few of them.

I mean, I love Celebi's ability and the concept of Dark Balls in the 4th Movie.  However, the Time Travel plot just doesn't work very well.

I absolutely love Jirachi, but the 6th Movie did not make Jirachi all that believable as a character, given it's life story.

The Manaphy Movie might have worked if they had May save the day instead of Ash, but it does have problems beyond that.

Finally, don't get me started with the problems of the Victini Movie(s).  Just don't.

So yeah.  I may not be a big fan, but I watch them because... Pokemon.  Which I am sadly addicted to.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I recall the first film where Mewtwo is the antagonist.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith