The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How much TV do you watch?

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
How things have changed in 20-or-so years. In my childhood I watched a lot of TV with my family (or alone) but nowadays I rarely watch it at all. If we count streaming services such as Netflix, then I'd say I watch TV regularly, but I haven't been channel surfing in years tbh.

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Hardly ever. I use internet on PC to watch movies, or series.

Daddytops2021

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I got my cable box back before the Xmas vacation.
Raoul: (voiceover): What is this? A Triceratops? A grocery store with, and… He’s got hot dogs? Subways?

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
An update on my TV watching thing, nowadays I now mostly watch the news on TV, and I just watch stuff through streaming services (because most of the streaming services I subscribe are pretty much are all on the TV sets we own).

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here's the interesting thing about me watching TV these days. For the vast majority of shows that I do watch on TV (via live streaming through Hulu), I could watch them on streaming services whenever I want, but if I went with that option, I would probably never watch any of that content at all. You see, now that I have easy access to Netflix and Discovery+, I've already saved a lot of shows that I'm interested in watching, yet even after several months I have watched hardly any of that stuff. The way my viewing habits are apparently, the idea of watching something anytime I want becomes an excuse to keep putting it off for another time to the point that years can pass and I might end up forgetting about such interests entirely (in other words, it's a rather low priority compared to other things I occupy my time with). Traditional TV, on the other hand, has a fixed schedule that I have no control over, which essentially forces me to actually watch shows I'm interested in seeing since they're on only at a specific time every week. I know it sounds quite ironic that more options these days has made me less likely to actually watch anything, but that's just how it seems to work for me, so that's why I still watch TV just as much as I've been over the past dozen years.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls