The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The LBT Animated Moviebook

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The moment I saw this on eBay, I bought it.

Disclaimer: All credit for this picture goes to the original person who put it on eBay.  All I've done is crop and expand with Photoshop.  No changes have been made.

To be honest, I've seen plenty of Animated Moviebooks before, mostly with Disney, but this is the ONLY one I've seen with The Land Before Time.

In order for me to even find it, I had to set the eBay search to "Lowest Price".  I ended up paying only $4.95 (plus $4.00 Shipping) for this.

I always found the Disney one's to be enjoyable.  I wonder how well this will hold up.  We'll see soon enough. :)

It'll be in my hands within 4 to 11 days.  So we'll see then.

Just wanted to show this off.

See ya guys later! :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Aye, I have it too (I think in both German and English). It is kind of fun to get through, though of course (like LBT software in general tends to be) it is made for a very young readership ;)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I remember that very thing....I actually owned one.  Its gone now.  I don't even know if a modern computer will run that game its so old.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Oct 17 2010 on  03:08 PM
I remember that very thing....I actually owned one.  Its gone now.  I don't even know if a modern computer will run that game its so old.
I will probably have to use my Windows 7 Compatibility Mode, but aside from that, it should work just fine.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Well I have it now, and this is sad!

Even with setting the Compatibility Mode to Windows 95, it doesn't work. :(

It may have to do with the fact I'm using a 64-bit version of Windows 7.  Maybe I should try the 32-bit version I have installed on my laptop.  Here's hoping.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sadly enough I don't think such old games work in win7 at all, in general. You don't happen to have a windows XP pc somewhere at home?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Oct 24 2010 on  11:16 PM
Sadly enough I don't think such old games work in win7 at all, in general. You don't happen to have a windows XP pc somewhere at home?
My mom's computer might still have XP, but I'm not sure at this point.  Plus, she has to use it quite a bit.  I'll have to wait until she's gone for a bit before I can test it, and at this time of year, I can't be sure when that will be. -_-

I'll just have to wait.

See ya guys later! -_-

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
If the PC of your mother has XP installed then she must have a disc (recovery or retail version). Can't you install it from that disc as a second operating system on your PC?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Not sure how well this would work, but another option you have is using a virtual machine.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sadly there are more then a few games that do not work in windows 7.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
A large majority of computers use XP as their OS. Windows 2000 might work but I rarely see it since its been discontinued.