The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The False Facts Game

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
huh, why me? I didn't play this time. O_o
Nah, let StardustSoldier start new round.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
^Well I wanted to offer you a spot because Impractical and I have gone more than once now. I'll play this next round then, but anytime you do want a turn, just let us know.

1) That Star Wars comic I paid $300 for is the only Star Wars comic I have ever read or owned.
2) I've joined four different book clubs, all of which I'm still a member.
3) For my aforementioned LBT novelizations, I was going to write one novel each for most of the films, but a few of them were planned as two-part novels. Wisdom of Friends was going to be a three-parter.
4) I am a bigger fan of movies than of books.
5) A few weeks ago I tried to get my brother to watch the Land Before Time series with me, but he wasn't interested.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
#3. How in the heck can Wisdom of Friends be deserve 3 parts? :P
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Even I'll admit it was probably a ridiculous idea... but in fact it was true.
:olittlefoot

Although that said, none of my novelizations were going to be straight adaptations, necessarily. Most of them would've had significant changes here and there. Three-parter or not, Wisdom of Friends would've been one of the more heavily rewritten ones.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Alright, I'm now torn between 1) and 2), but I'm going to choose the first option.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1) That Star Wars comic I paid $300 for is the only Star Wars comic I have ever read or owned. True
2) I've joined four different book clubs, all of which I'm still a member.
3) For my aforementioned LBT novelizations, I was going to write one novel each for most of the films, but a few of them were planned as two-part novels. Wisdom of Friends was going to be a three-parter. True
5) A few weeks ago I tried to get my brother to watch the Land Before Time series with me, but he wasn't interested.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Choice 2 it is then.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1) That Star Wars comic I paid $300 for is the only Star Wars comic I have ever read or owned. True
2) I've joined four different book clubs, all of which I'm still a member. True
3) For my aforementioned LBT novelizations, I was going to write one novel each for most of the films, but a few of them were planned as two-part novels. Wisdom of Friends was going to be a three-parter. True

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm going to guess choice 4, but only because you seem like such the avid book fanatic.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1) That Star Wars comic I paid $300 for is the only Star Wars comic I have ever read or owned: As much of a Star Wars fan as I am, it's largely just the movies and TV shows that I'm into. I typically just read other things when it comes to books, and comics I'm not into much anyway. The reason I sought out this particular Star Wars comic is because it was adapted from some unfinished episodes of one of the TV shows.
2) I've joined four different book clubs, all of which I'm still a member: Three of them are quite recent, however; within this year alone. The other book club I've been with since 2017. It's a young adult-themed book club, and while I do enjoy YA, for a while it was the only thing I was reading and I wanted more variety, hence my decision to see what other book clubs were out there.
3) For my aforementioned LBT novelizations, I was going to write one novel each for most of the films, but a few of them were planned as two-part novels. Wisdom of Friends was going to be a three-parter: The LBT novelizations was an idea I had over the summer. Although I have other writing projects on the go and so this probably won't happen, at least not to the same capactiy. But I still have the document containing my revision notes, and I might share some of my ideas on the forum sometime just for fun.
4) I am a bigger fan of movies than of books: It seems like a contradiction that both this and #2 are true, but there you have it. Being a member of multiple book clubs and writing daily are indeed proof that I am passionate about reading and writing, but ultimately, I do like movies just a little bit more.
5) A few weeks ago I tried to get my brother to watch the Land Before Time series with me, but he wasn't interested: False. Although he knows I am an LBT fan. And if I'd asked him to watch with me, he probably wouldn't have been interested (as he isn't much of a movie/TV guy anyway), but never did I actually pitch the idea to him.

Your turn. :)

(or, again, anyone else who wants to participate, just let us know)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pretty difficult this time I see.

Alright, my turn.

1) My brother introduced me to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic back in 2010.
2) The Land Before Time was my most recently discovered cartoon/kids show that I like.
3) The Animals of Farthingwood is what started my crusade or interest in cartoons of similar caliber.
4) The Watership Down movie gets a 7/10 rating from me.
5) I own both an Animals of Farthingwood and Watership Down book.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I sat here for a good couple minutes trying to figure out which one to guess. Again I don't have a strong gut feeling, but for now I'll go with #4.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1) My brother introduced me to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic back in 2010.
2) The Land Before Time was my most recently discovered cartoon/kids show that I like.
3) The Animals of Farthingwood is what started my crusade or interest in cartoons of similar caliber.
4) The Watership Down movie gets a 7/10 rating from me. True.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1) My brother introduced me to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic back in 2010. Honestly, I'm not really sure if I was introduced to it when Season 2 was out, or when it was still in Season 1, but as a rough estimate it's still technically true. Probably should of thought out this one better.
4) The Watership Down movie gets a 7/10 rating from me. True.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Third times the charm, eh? ;)

1) My brother introduced me to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic back in 2010: It might seem surprising, but yes my brother was the one who introduced me to the show in the first place. I had no idea what he was thinking at the time, and I had no idea what I was thinking when I got hooked onto the show. He has actually lost interest of the show for years already, and I have only started losing interest pretty recently. But despite that, I would still reference the show often (as you may see on the forum.) And plus, I actually said to myself that I would watch the rest of the Season 9 episodes, the finale, and the epilogue before I would completely move on from the show, or supposedly I will. I have watched the other eight seasons in its entirety, so I wouldn't do the show justice in my opinion to leave it a bit empty handed.
2) The Land Before Time was my most recently discovered cartoon/kids show that I like: This one is false! I did discover an anime pretty shortly after that I enjoyed a lot for the first 13 or so episodes I viewed of it. It's called Kimba The White Lion, or Jungle Emperor Leo. I posted about it right here! :)
3) The Animals of Farthingwood is what started my crusade or interest in cartoons of similar caliber: Yep, yep, yep! That's the show that started it all. I only discovered it as recently as 2019 actually, and it led me to other shows such as Watership Down and such. I just happen to be attracted to kids shows that have a more darker/adult theme towards it. But as you can see with The Land Before Time, it isn't always the case (despite the fact that the first movie was pretty adult oriented.)
4) The Watership Down movie gets a 7/10 rating from me: This is true, although I never did a written review of it, I only voiced my rating verbally.
5) I own both an Animals of Farthingwood and Watership Down book: This is true. I'm hoping to get the Watership Down book sequel in the future, plus the rest of the Farthingwood books as well. :DD

Your turn, StardustSoldier. :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 09:04:54 PM by ImpracticalDino »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^I didn't suspect that of being the false choice at first, as I knew that you had discovered LBT quite recently. But then I started to wonder if you had in fact discovered something else that was more recent than LBT, and sure enough.

1) I had a couple short stories which were published in collections several years ago, but I was so ashamed of the stories that I let them fade into obscurity, and I otherwise (almost) never talk about them.
2) The Gang of Five is the first new forum I've joined and actively participated with in seven years.
3) In the first 22 years of my life, I lived in fourteen different homes.
4) I used to be a huge fan of the TV show LOST. For several years, I was a bigger LOST fan than I was a Star Wars fan.
5) I had a kidney stone last year and went to the hospital to have it treated.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, #4 seems likely to be true, for #3 I think you talked about moving a lot when you were younger (not sure though my memory is bad), plus it seems oddly specific. #1 and #5 is eh...so I’ll go with #2.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:49:49 PM by ImpracticalDino »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Congrats! You got it right on your first guess.