The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What do u think of "The Mad Song"?

Guest · 2 · 670

Bruton the Iguanodon

What do you guys think of this number? It was one of the few things that stood out in 8 to me when I was little, and which was a pretty crappy film, I thought. i thought it was a fun, worked up number that was a little over done but very fun and quite funny in some parts! (Like the screaming at the end and Mr. Threhorn's line!!) I even remember when we first got 8 on VHS when Cera was saying, "Put your hands on your hips, shoulders straight!" my little sister doing just that :)But then I saw in the "Your thoughts on villian songs" section that it was considered a villian song cause "Cera helped turn Ducky against Spike". But in a later scene, it's established in an exchange between Ducky and Cera that Cera isn't really  at fault and Ducky is actually sort of the villian :blink: Other fans agreed when I pointed this out. Heck, Cera even saves the day with her sonic boom voice! :lol:

Additionally, Friendly Sharptooth made some remarks about this song, that, well, don't exactly agree with my view of it:(P.S. Friendly Sharptooth, if you don't want me quoting you just tell me and I'll remove this.)

“The Mad Song”- Gosh, I really see this song like a cup of clear water, alongside a dropper with black ink. At first, the water is beautiful, crystal-clear. The someone picks up the dropper and starts letting drops of ink slowly fall then dissolve into the water. That was a very-sad-to-watch display of corruption. “What if I start to feel better?” “No, you hold your grudge until they grovel.” Wow. There are much more wholesome ways to let out anger than wearing it on your shoulders. Talking to the person about it, running around, taking deep breaths and try to relax, punching something soft, but firm, and so on. Showing your anger blatantly to all around you and being mean is no way to handle it. Ducky cannot handle releasing her anger; she lacks control. She originally intended for it just to be toward Spike, but she couldn’t suppress Cera’s teachings and ended up being rude to her mother as well. Sure, Spike was getting on her nerves, but that’s what happens when you have siblings.

Fortunately, Cera’s influence was shown to have washed away in the very next movie. It showed Ducky’s new, self-taught manner of handling anger- laughing. Yep, after VIII, in IX, Spike splattered Ducky and she clearly wasn’t happy about it. Spike looked nervous, almost as if he was remembering the situation from the valley’s snowstorm, but Ducky just laughed it off. For this reason, I have long believed VIII and IX aren’t too far apart, but that, and the reasoning I just gave to support it, is all pure speculation. And that concludes my thoughts about the songs.

I totally respect his opinions, but they are very different then mine, also because I'm a little disapointed that Cera's influence washed away. At the end of 8 Ducky said, "I will never get mad at you again Spike!" so I think it would have been very interesting to see her break her word in the very next movie. So yeah, very dispointing for fans like me, who thought 8 interesting because it actually showed Ducky show her darker side, but great for fans who don't want her to change.

As for the meaning of the song, I know better then to actually follow it, but I also admit that sometimes when I'm mad I'd like to do just what Cera says---take out my anger on the person and hold my grudge till they grovel.

Anyways, another person said it was brilliantly done so I see members here must have various opinions. Feel free to share yours! :lol:

Bruton the Iguanodon

Anyways its been nearly a month, someone should have replied by now...