The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Cera and Ducky doing If We Hold On Together.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I guess this ends the debate pernamently.  I really thought Cera wasn't in it.  And I call myself a "Cera enthusiest".  Boy was I ever proven wrong. :(

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Some people just don't listen to me.   
See Petrie?  We aren't going deaf! :lol  B)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Conclusion: It's Cera and Ducky. Straight from the horse's mouth.

Hehe.  I knew it.  I will admit that I thought it was Littlefoot at first, but after slowing it down, I knew that a male could never sound like that.  The voice anylasis also showed it to be Cera.  I guess it wasn't so meaningless after all, heh Petrie. :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My ears told me it was Cera from the instant I heard the song but Malte's comment that Aria sang it with Thomas had me confused at best. :P:
At least we can more-or-less put this issue to rest...except, how does one explain the fact that Malte claims that Aria told him that she sang with Thomas Dekker?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Anndi told me that she would ask them, but that she was pretty sure Thomas Dekker didn't do either version.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I need to check out my mails from several years ago, but I'm quite sure that Aria mentioned Thomas singing that song. I also recall reading about that doll on Aria's page.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I got tired of waiting and chancing it at garage sales, so I decided to just get the CD brand new at eBay (Amazon went up :p ). At least I can enjoy what the others around here have experienced with the CD. I do have to know, though, how action9000 was able to rip that last track without the kids part at the beginning. How did you? :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I do have to know, though, how action9000 was able to rip that last track without the kids part at the beginning. How did you?
Simple: I didn't. :p

I ripped the entire CD, including all of the kids' spoken parts, to my computer.  I then used Goldwave, an audio waveform editor, in order to cut out the the sections of the track containing the kids' speaking parts, then I faded in the music using Goldwave to create a smooth start to the song.  The result is the complete song with none of the extra stuff. B)

You can do this with any decent audio editting program.  It's quite simple, really.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I just downloaded GoldWave. I'm "processing" all of the songs as I post.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you have any questions about the operation of Goldwave, feel free to ask. :yes'
I've played with it quite a bit.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
If I edit an MP3 in GoldWave, or chop off bits and pieces, will it reduce the quality of the MP3 further, or will it remain the same?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If I edit an MP3 in GoldWave, or chop off bits and pieces, will it reduce the quality of the MP3 further, or will it remain the same?
When you load an MP3 into Goldwave, it appears as the waveform you see.  Editting the waveform or making any changes will NOT directly affect the quality...
BUT resaving the file as an mp3 will result in a loss of quality compared to the first mp3.

Why?  Think of it like a photocopier.  Think of "Saving to an mp3" as "making a copy" in a photocopier.  A copy is never quite as good as the source data being copied.  The more times you "copy a copy in a photocopier" (the more times you save an mp3 to another mp3), the more quality you lose.

The CD gets "Copied" to the first .mp3, which you load into Goldwave.  It doesn't matter what you do with this file in Goldwave.  What makes all the difference is how you SAVE the new file.  If you save as an mp3 again, it's the equivalent of making a copy of a copy.  

The question is, how negligible is this loss in quality?  If you're saving from a 320kbps mp3 source tile to another 320 kbps mp3, you will lost *almost* nothing.  The result will probably sound like a 310 kbps or similar....though the new file will still have the equal Quantity of data as the original, meaning you are wasting space by doing this.

In a perfect world in order to preserve every bit of quality, you need to do this:

Rip the CD to a .wav file.
Load the .wav into Goldwave
Make your changes
Save to mp3 (bitrate of your choice).

This way you're only using the "photocopier" once and not making copies of copies. B)  That being said though, that's theoretical.  If you're using high bitrates (192kbps or more), chances are you won't hear a drop in quality unless you're a supreme audiophile. :P:

So the short answer to your question:
will it reduce the quality of the MP3 further, or will it remain the same?
is "It will reduce the quality of the mp3 further, yes."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
After listening to the song, you can tell that none of the voices of Littlefoot are present. It is clearly noticeable during the chorus. It is definitely Cera during the chorus.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Jul 26 2007 on  08:34 PM
I'm going to throw my two cents in and say that I can't sort out Anndi McAfee's voice anywhere in this version. I've closely listened to this, and I can sort out what may indeed be Littlefoot's voice (thus the Thomas Dekker comment Malte made). However, the voice at the beginning doesn't sound like Littlefoot or Cera. Is it possible all three of them are doing this?

And I needn't say that Ducky's voice sticks out like a sore thumb.
I think the reason for that was because all of the songs on the first volume were before LBT 5, and Andi McAfee didn't appear until LBT 5. Honestly, I thought the voice was Scott McAfee, the voice for Littlefoot in LBT 2 - 4, but that's my opinion.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
What I think is that Anndi McAfee just "wasn't in character," if you know what I mean.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've heard it before, not on the sing-along tape, but on various video's on YouTube. It's actually very good.