The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Too Much Focus on Littlefoot?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
A common criticism I have heard from critics is that the sequels focus way too much on Littlefoot to the point where he isn't interesting anymore. Do you agree or disagree? Personally, I can see where they're coming from but it doesn't bother me too much.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
He's the main character, of course he's going to have the most focus. Whether his characterization objectively works or not is another matter entirely.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
- These Longnecks always think they're the most important. :ToppsGrumpy
- Yeah!  :ceramad Why this egghead has so much attention? It will be better if some smart and brave girl takes his spotlight place... :cerasmug

----
Well, honestly, in last years, I had such feeling. Not very strong and accusing feeling, but still.
Considering movies, only movie without Littlefoot's plotline is XII (in my opinion). And in my opinion, it's quite a lot. Even if he's my fav loveable character, even if he's the most central protagonist of series... Sometimes, such huge amount of time, when you have other characters, is not the best option. Because of that, now I have more interest of rewatching that movies and TV episode where Littlefoot is not main character, even if these movies  and TV episodes are not great in my opinion.

Still, this fact didn't change my opinion about Littlefoot himself, he is stilll interesting character for me.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 03:14:48 PM by Sneak »

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
He's the main character, of course he's going to have the most focus. Whether his characterization objectively works or not is another matter entirely.
Agreed.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Interesting. As much as I like Littlefoot as a main character, I also find myself drawn to the movies and storylines where a supporting character is the central focus, e.g. LBT VIII and LBT XII. It's a very nice and unique change of pace.