The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Time Warp

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One title idea could be:  The Wish    

As for time travel I highly doubt that it could be the distant past of this earth since I doubt many, if any, dinos were sentient and could talk.  Also, though I"m no expert, they likely put dinos from wildly different time periods into the LBT movies and maybe tv episodes who in this world could not have existed together, but in the LBT universe may have.  

I will be doing My oc of Mim, Thinking Maybe Chomper.  I may do Ducky or if someone else wants to do Ducky instead I'll do her oc sister Diver.  I'll wait and see who is taken fc wise.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Quote from: Kor,Jan 14 2008 on  11:51 AM
As for time travel I highly doubt that it could be the distant past of this earth since I doubt many, if any, dinos were sentient and could talk.  Also, though I"m no expert, they likely put dinos from wildly different time periods into the LBT movies and maybe tv episodes who in this world could not have existed together, but in the LBT universe may have.
My point exactly.. you discribed it better than I did, Kor =)

as far as I'm concerned, LBT is just a fantasy story based upon this same earth. But it differs greatly from real facts

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Mmm, there is no proof of dinosaurs been sentient as you said, but that doesn't mean they cannot coomunicate with each other as actual animals can, but they indeed need to talk in a language we can understand so we can follow a story, just like Watership Down or Silverwing.
 But yes, LBT loves to mix dinosaurs that never co-existed in the same place and in the same time as you said Kor. so maybe it can be an alternate reality to our own.
 For a name, what about: "Death Wish", sorry I cannot come up with something better at this time :blink: .

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't think the char making the wish wants everyone, or himself alone, to die.  As for watership down, I'm sure the rabbits in there would count as being sentient, even if they didn't carry pistols on their hips.  You can be sentient with no technology.  And for sentience you need to have a certain brain mass in relation to body mass ratio.  I don't know what it is but you do need a certain level and likely a certain minimum size to the brain to begin with so likely no sentients the size of ants either.  Though I'm no scientist one does pick up a few thing here and there.  Sentient machines & computers are an entirely different matter.

I like the title I suggested, though I"m sure others will have great titles also.  

I'm not sure why so many have to put their fiction into the same universe as this one.  Was George Lucas the only one creative enough to say his fiction is not taking place in this universe in either the past, present or future?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The posts on discussion should be moved to the discussion topic, and this topic should be moved back into the LBT RPG section.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Better for Aves to start a new rp thread when he is ready to start the rp instead of using this one.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I think he told me he would make a new one, and that would be the best to avoid some serious problems. And hopefully he will have a new title soon too :^.^:

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I liked calling it "The Time Warp"

It suited the RP's plot.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I like that too, it makes sense since it is mainly a time travel to solve problems and a time travel back.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I got the idea from Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I have a better name for it now. "Let's do the Time Warp (Again)*!"

*Add if sequel is needed.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Have you ever seen Rocky Horror Picture Show?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There is this one song called "The Time Warp."

At my camp, CTY, we can find a lot of sexual innuendos in that one song. Meatloaf performs for this song, by the way. The main line is, "Lets do the time warp again!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like my title best, but Aves will pick whatever he likes best, maybe he has his own ideas he's thought of already.

As to rocky horror picture show, there are some folks who like to act out parts of the movie while the movie is playing.  It's a pretty silly movie, in a pretty weird way, in my opinion.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
alright, its almost time.. does everyone remember the beginning routine?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I just know it's not my turn to wear the pink rubber pants.   :lol

Sorry for the joke.

I had assumed you'd not start this till your other LBT rp was over.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I do have one final question..we know how you come across the stone and how it is used (by accident) But I am assuming the rest of us playing this RP are already online on the GOF forums when the stone is activated....right?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I may have it wrong, especially with the next door neighbor playing loud music and I can't find his post since I can't concentrate with the neighbor's music and unless he changed it but if I recall rightly aves goes into a magick store, the type the supposedly sells various suppose to be real magick stuff, hense the k a the end of magick as apposed to the way most use magic which is slight of hand.   It's supposed to be a wish stone and the witch has already used up her 3 wishes.  He busy it and goes home.  Someone posts in the crazy crossovers thread about the modern day folks crossing over  and visiting the great valley.  Avens says something like, "who wouldn't wish for that", or, "I wish that would happen," or something like that, can't remember well, and poof everyone is there, I assume in the great valley or whereever the folks are.

again sorry for anything i may et wrong but theh the neighhbor paying music I find it mpossible to concentrate even to spellcheck anymroe o this post.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Kor has a great bit of it right. but it wasnt the crazy crossover thread that I was thinking.. more or less someone randomly posting a topic about the  GoF somehow meeting up with the GV gang

and everyone who participated in that thread would be the ones who get transported, which doesnt mean we'd all have to be on at the same time