The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Stealth

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I know this movie isn't new but I only saw it recently.  I have to say that Stealth is one of the WORST films I have ever seen!  This movie sucked on such a colossal scale!  Where do I start?  First of all, the acting was just...  :x  :x  :x !  Aweful!  And what's up with that EDI thing?  A robot that does whatever the other pilots do.  Gee, it never occured to the people who built it that this thing would break orders if one of the other people broke rules too?  Idiots!  And the whole getting hit by lightning and turning evil was just so... unoriginal.  Then, some of the junk these dudes did was just so unrealistic.  For example, at one point, they blow up a nuke that sends radioactive dust on a town.  Yeah right!  If that really happened, there would be World War III before you could turn around!  And then they go into Russian airspace and blow up some Russian Su-37s.  If that were to happen then we would definitely have a war on our hands.  And then they fly into North Korea and blow blow up some more stuff.  Now you've got Kin Jong Ill ticked off too!  And the Talon fighters were just a rip-off of the X-02 from Ace Combat!  The planes look a lot alike.  They both have forward facing wings that fold forward and canards around the cockpit.  And both are carrier based aircraft.  See what I mean?  Here is a pic of the F/A-37 Talon from Stealth.  I couldn't post it on here because it would have stretched the forum.
http://www.thirdwave.de/pics/ucavf37scene.jpg
And here is the X-02 Wyvern from Ace Combat 4.  Note the similarities.

Now it might be just a coincidence that they look similar and maybe it is just because I hate the movie so much but I do think that the Talon is a rip-off of the X-02.  Anyway, I'm sure there are people who like the movie but I am definitely not one of them.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I never even heard of this movie, and, even if I had, it wouldn't have caught my interest.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It came out in 2005 and only got one star.  It SUCKED so bad.  I mean this movie was BAD!  I heard it lost so much money in theaters that it almost set a record.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Jan 28 2007 on  07:58 PM
I heard it lost so much money in theaters that it almost set a record.
Hahahaha! Wow! I didn't know there was a record for that kind of thing.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Not surprised. People are harder to satisfy nowadays.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Never saw it, but from the sound of it it really sounds that they came just up with their favorite war scenarios without even thinking of the consequences in a realistic world. It is good that there are people like you F-14 critical enough to see through this, while I'm afraid many would take the sugarcoated version of a nuclear attack or a global war without any grain of salt.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I hated it for all the above reasons, but none so much as the fact that it starred the idiot hick husband from "Sweet Home Alabama". Sure, the film was bad, but it starred him! I can't stand that guy. The only film that I found him remotely acceptable in was "The Hulk", and we get to see him die on-screen in that one  :D .
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I hate it! Funny thing is, my dad watches it every stinkin' time it comes on.