The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Win7 SP1/CD Drive problem

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

Any tech wizards out there who can help me with a little issue I'm having? My CD/DVD drive has recently been KO'd since I updated to Win7 Service Pack 1. It recognises that the device is there but says that the digital signature is not recognised and therefore will not work. It's a Samsung TS-H653R SCSI CDDVDW device working in an HP Slimline s5615uk computer running Win7 64-bit now on SP1. I've tried the regulars:

Updating drivers, renewing firmware, disabling and re-enabling, uninstalling and reinstalling the device but the problem still persists.

Any ideas what I can do besides tearing it out and using it as a makeshift frisbee?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
That's too bad. Hmm, the only thing I can suggest is buying and installing a new CD Drive.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Scratch that! Managed to find an MS help page that got me to delete a class protocol of some description that removed the upper limit to digital signature recognition and the drive works again now.

Thanks anyway! :D