The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

All LBT questions go here!

Guest · 29 · 2903

Bruton the Iguanodon

Okay, what this forums doesn't have is a topic dedicated to questions concerning the movies. We could save making whole topics on single questions by just writing a llist of them down here!

So, here's mine!

1. How much time passed between Littlefoot's hatching and the next scene where he asks his mom is this all there is to eat?
2. What happened in the grass that we didn't see right after Spike was born, because maybe it's just me but he looks a lot bigger when he comes out?
3. Is it true Sierra made a cameo in movie 9?
4. Why is Petrie black during the first moments he appears onscreen in movie 1?
5.  Why is Bill Erwin creditted as voicing Grampa in movie 1??
6. Why is Jeff Glenn Bennett creditted as voicing Spike in movie 6? is this a credits error or did he really fill Rob Paulsen's role?
7. Does anyone know who voiced Spike in movie 1?
8. What was the point of the gang turning into sea creatures (That was a little random!, lol!)
9. Why did Ducky start walking backwards and get seperated from the rest? If she was supposed to stay in a group? What was the point of her being kidnapped by that pteradactyl?

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Well to be honest, I don't know if anyone on here can awnser these questions. Some of your questions doesn't make any sense.

2. What happened in the grass that we didn't see right after Spike was born, because maybe it's just me but he looks a lot bigger when he comes out?

Huh? Are you asking what had happened to the grass after Spike hatched? Well if you are, you need to see the original again.  :p

3. Is it true Sierra made a cameo in movie 9?

I have no idea what a cameo is, but I didn't see him in movie 9. And wasn't Mo in that movie? I haven't seen this one in a while.

8. What was the point of the gang turning into sea creatures (That was a little random!, lol!)

Huh? Since when do the gang turn into sea creatures? I don't know about any one else, but I don't recall seeing the gang turning into sea creatures? Exactly what movie or episode was it that you saw that? Please specify.

9. Why did Ducky start walking backwards and get seperated from the rest? If she was supposed to stay in a group? What was the point of her being kidnapped by that pteradactyl?

Again, please specify. I know it's probably from movie 7 but how can we be sure? You're not telling us where you saw it, you're just assuming we've seen it all and asking random questions.  :p Is it from movie 7? Please explain.

I'm not trying to be critical, it's just that, I don't know about anyone else around here, but I really don't understand these questions real well. But then again, I haven't seen ALL of the LBT movies. So it could be just me. :p
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
1. Who knows? It is never stated nor are any hints given as to the time that passes.
2. Possibly nothing that you are insinuating. He was probably just getting up and moving around. And yes he did look bigger than when Ducky pulled his egg shell off of him. This may have been erroneous or intentional. Who knows?
3. I don't know. Maybe. Haven't watched it in a while.
4. He isn't black, he is in the shadow.
5. I don't know.
6. Chances are it was an error.
7. No.
8. I get what you are talking about. In the 5th movie during the "Big Water" song. They didn't turn into sea creatures. They were imagining things that could be under the water and 5 of the creatures looked like them (the gang) in their imaginings.
9. Because she was fearful walking through such an unfamiliar place. She was observing her surroundings. Plus, there was a screech at this point and she may have been looking around to see what it was.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Nov 23 2011 on  04:01 PM
1. How much time passed between Littlefoot's hatching and the next scene where he asks his mom is this all there is to eat?
I believe the book has information on how much time passed. It was either a month or a couple of months. Probably max 5 months. But nowhere near a year.

Bruton the Iguanodon

1. How many siblings does Ducky have? She said "13 of us hatched at the same time" in 6 but in 1 there were only 3 or 4.
2. Why doesn't Petrie sing during always there? (I have theories but I want your opinions)
3. Why did Littlefoot say "We hurt his feelings" (about Chomper in LBT 5) when none of them, himself included, besides Cera had done so?
4. WAs there really such thing as bad luck?
5. Why wasn't the killer bee attack shown?
6. Why did Spike sit on Petrie? (He could have prevented bad luck from happening if he'd just...not)
7. Why did Ducky glare angrily at Spike?
8. I...can't think of an 8th one! Seriously, if I'm down to asking questions like "Why did Spike sit on Petrie I know I'm running out.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Glare angrily at Spike? You mean in movie 8 when Cera wanted to know who she was mad at? Well that's an easy question. Ducky was mad at Spike for his behavior earlier that day.

Bruton the Iguanodon

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
1. Ducky has 10 siblings, excluding Spike. 4 swimmers hatched in the first movie, and 7 in the second. There were 8 eggs in the first movie, but 4 of them never hatched.
2. I don't know why Petrie doesn't sing along with the others. Maybe it's his voice, or maybe Petrie has difficulties expressing sadness. I don't remember Petrie ever crying, for example.
3. Because the Gang is a closely bound group, and members of such groups often say "we" when speaking about a subject that is important to the group as a whole, such as taking care of Chomper, a duty which all of the Gang accepted enthusiastically when they wanted to be his "uncles" and "aunts". Although the enthusiasm of others went down when Chomper bit Cera, Littlefoot's became stronger than ever. So, it is not surprising that he thought they all were responsible when Cera turned on Chomper.
4. Maybe. ;) I don't believe in luck myself.
5. If it were shown, it would be a whole little interesting side story. Spike and Ducky running into bees, then running from them, barely escaping, and then their parents finding them, mending them and giving them a lecture. But maybe it would divert from the main plot, not to mention that every additional minute of footage makes the movie more expensive to make.
6. Spike is a quite reckless fellow. :)
7. Probably because he was smiling while all the others seemed scared by bad luck. She felt he was disrupting the unity of the group.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Thank you sooooo much for answering my questions!! You're awesome!  :)

I don't remember Petrie ever crying, for example.

Clearly you haven't seen 7 for a while. Or 11 (shudder!)

5. If it were shown, it would be a whole little interesting side story. Spike and Ducky running into bees, then running from them, barely escaping, and then their parents finding them, mending them and giving them a lecture. But maybe it would divert from the main plot, not to mention that every additional minute of footage makes the movie more expensive to make.

Okay. But was their dad even still in the picture at this point?

6. Spike is a quite reckless fellow.

Yes he is, lol!!  :lol:

. Probably because he was smiling while all the others seemed scared by bad luck. She felt he was disrupting the unity of the group.

"Disrupting the unity of the group"...? Was there a law that said he shouldn't? Is there a law saying you have to be afraid of bad luck?! I don't think so.

But wow. I meant for this topic to be towards all users, but so far I'm the only one asking questions. What's up w/ that? :blink:

Bruton the Iguanodon

3. Because the Gang is a closely bound group, and members of such groups often say "we" when speaking about a subject that is important to the group as a whole, such as taking care of Chomper, a duty which all of the Gang accepted enthusiastically when they wanted to be his "uncles" and "aunts". Although the enthusiasm of others went down when Chomper bit Cera, Littlefoot's became stronger than ever. So, it is not surprising that he thought they all were responsible when Cera turned on Chomper.

But my point is, Littlefoot, Ducky, Petrie and Spike weren't at fault...were they?    :huh:

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Bruton the Iguanodon", Dec 16th 2011 on  02:14 AM
But my point is, Littlefoot, Ducky, Petrie and Spike weren't at fault...were they? 

I have to apologise here. You asked about LBT 5. I thought it was about LBT 2.

As for 5, I think nobody was at fault. Littlefoot accidentally held his leg right in front of Chomper's mouth while asking him if he wanted a bite, Chomper reluctantly took the "offer", and Cera prevented Chomper from biting Littlefoot's leg. It was all an accident. Nobody had any bad intentions.

Quote from: "Bruton the Iguanodon, Dec 16th 2011 on  02:18 AM
"Disrupting the unity of the group"...? Was there a law that said he shouldn't? Is there a law saying you have to be afraid of bad luck?! I don't think so.

There is no law against that. It is group behaviour. What Ducky and Spike did was neither right or wrong, just natural.

And by the way, I would not recommend editing a post after 13 days. If I hadn't unintentionally seen that you edited your post, I woudln't have known you asked this question. When so many time passes, write a new post instead.

Bruton the Iguanodon

1. Ducky has 10 siblings, excluding Spike. 4 swimmers hatched in the first movie, and 7 in the second. There were 8 eggs in the first movie, but 4 of them never hatched.

Where does she get the idea that "13 of us hatched at the same time" in movie 6?  :huh:

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
From out of the lazy director's behind, the same place that Petrie got 12 siblings in movie 12. :p
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Bruton the Iguanodon

God, I hate Grosvner as director. Roy Allan Smith was the best.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
There's always the possiblity that Ms. Swimmer adopted more children since LBT 2. It wouldn't be out of character for her. Best mum of the Mesozoic.  :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

Interesting. Course that wouldn't justify Ducky's statement in 6 (she doesn't even have 12 siblings, counting Spike), but it Grosvner that's gonna have to live with that mistake, not us.  ;)

Anyways why is no one asking questions here? I mean for it to be a topic where everyone can ask questions, not just me.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Maybe she did have 12 siblings and they died during the great earthshake.

Oh, and I have a question. How old do you think the gang is compared to a human? I'd really like to know. :smile

Bruton the Iguanodon

We clearly saw that Ducky had 3 siblings her age at the time she hatched.

As for your question Dr. Curzon, they all seem about 8, but the problem here is the fact that in movie 1, they all seem this age, maybe a little younger, but at the point where 4 members of the gang are this age, Spike is born. But I think it's agreed that he is roughly the age as the rest, and was just in his egg for so long that he had to grow up kinda quickly. So they're all about 4 in movie 1 and closer to or around 8 in the sequels. A lot of people imply that 2 starts a few days after movie 1 ends, but really, I think it's more like a few years. They suddenly seem so tired of being under adult supervision and being restricted from places like the sinking sand area, which would be very strange if it were just a few days after 1. Also Littlefoot has no problem adopting a Sharptooth, which means some time has passed since his mom died in 1.

So, yeah, I'd say they're about 4 in movie 1, 6 in 2-4, and 8 from 5 onwards.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, maybe the other nest was offscreen.

As for my question, yeah, I think you are more or less correct, but I think at IX-XIII they were around 8 and 1/2 to 9 and the TV series 9 and 1/2. They don't act like ten year olds, in my opinion.

Bruton the Iguanodon

So...did Ducky have 12 "twins" that hatched at the same time as her?

The way there were two "clutches" of eggs, as this here---http://landbeforetime.wikia.com/wiki/Ducky_and_Spike%27s_Siblings---article puts it. It says there were a half dozen in each clutch, but I saw 4 (that survived being broken, at least) in 1 and about 7 in 2. When I asked:  "How many siblings does Ducky have? She said "13 of us hatched at the same time" in 6 but in 1 there were only 3 or 4" and Jansenov replied, "Ducky has 10 siblings, excluding Spike. 4 swimmers hatched in the first movie, and 7 in the second. There were 8 eggs in the first movie, but 4 of them never hatched", which illogically goes against what movie 6 says. But is it possible what Ducky said in 6 is correct? Or was Grosvner at fault here?