The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

All she knows is falling...

Guest · 13 · 1579

Bruton the Iguanodon

How many times is it now that our loveable little swimmer has taken a bad fall? In the earlier movies it seemed to happen almost on a regular basis!

Movie 2: I recall her and Petrie falling out of a tree and just before it cut away a teaar fell out of her eye
Movie 4: Ichy dropped her and she got knocked out; lucky she didn't have a concussion or bleed or anything.
Movie 5: She fell off a cliff (cause she was dumb and didn't stay with the group like she was told to) and minutes later the Pteradactyl dropped her.
Movie 7: Oh boy! This one went way out of the park. First she fell into the pond. Secondly Sierra dropped her when she bit his talon. Third and final she fell off the cliff at the end, to be saved by Pterano. Then, and only after this, does universal finally give Ducky a break.

Anyone ever notice this?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
What I mostly noticed in this context is her very variable degree of acrophobia ;)
There are other examples, but the most striking is in LBT 6 when Ducky has absolutely no problem to cross the deep canyon by jumping over the narrow rocky pillars while the much easier and less dangerous way of walking across the log seems to positively terrify her :lol
And no, I don't know WHY this is so, but accept it as one of the oddities of LBT.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Ducky was plain weird in 6...she was completely bland and lifeless compared to what she usually is  :neutral

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
She didn't seem any different than she usually is in the series. I don't get why you think she was "bland" in that movie.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I didn't sense her being any different in LBT VI than she normally is.  If anything, she was a little more humorous than usual :smile.

And to call her "dumb" for getting separated in LBT V was mean.  We all do dumb s*** sometimes, does that make us all dumb?  No, and she is no different.  She's a smart girl who just did a stupid thing.  I'm an outdoors enthusiast, have lived in the wilderness for days on end, have survived wild animal encounters, and I once did something as stupid as almost falling into a canyon by tripping over my own feet :bang.

People like her are just accident-prone and nothing more :p.

Bruton the Iguanodon

She deliberately walked away from the group after being told not to. Ya call that smart?!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Nobody called that smart Bruton, but kindly stop making it look like every view different from yours was stupid. One thing we can keep in mind about the actions of the main characters is that they are kids who (in spite of sometimes making more sense than the adults) do not always act on the basis of carefully considered caution. By the looks of the movie scene I'd say that Ducky wasn't paying attention to what the others said since she seemed utterly mesmerised by the surrounding landscape. Not only was it a new place to explore with many impressions to be taken in, but also the island was the first green spot they had seen after a long time of barren wastelands. For all we know they had stuck close to the shore until after they met Chomper, so it would still be "new land" to them so to speak. From the moment of her hatching Ducky has been portrait as a very curious character.
The scene is none that is essential to the movie, but it is meant to add a little more suspense and give Cera a chance for another sniding remark towards Chomper. How would you have done the movie? Would you have just deleted the scene or which alternative would you have come up with?

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I feel that Littlefoot is also a good focus when examining falls. I take a lot of notes when watching the media (the movies and episodes), and from my observations, I had written this:

"He falls a lot, as he tripped on a rock in The Brave Longneck Scheme, Invasion of the Tinysauruses, and The Secret of Saurus Rock, and on a root in Escape from the Mysterious Beyond. He also fell while crossing a vine in The Stone of Cold Fire and walking across some stones in Journey Through the Mists twice, once on water and the other in a cave."

Not a lot of misfortunes can happen in a dinosaur movie compared to a human one. Dinosaurs can't leave an oven running nor forget to take out the dog nor spill hot coffee on their pants. With limited accidents to have, they, I assume, were somewhat forced to be repetitive with what accidents a dinosaur could have, such as stumbling.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Yeah, I'd delete her whole kidnapping scene since it didn't really have an overall point to the plot...it was lame filler material

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I don't think so.  If Ducky was never taken, she would have told about Pterano's plan.  Also, it shows how Pterano has a good side to him.  Another thing to add is that the reason the gang go out is because she is missing.  If she wasn't then the "adventure" would've never taken place.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
:slap

I never said it was smart.  I was pointing out that just like EVERYONE else, she has flaws too and does dumb things sometimes.  And I wouldn't call what she did "deliberate".  Perhaps accidental or even a mistake.  Was she looking over her shoulder back at the others while tip-toeing or running into hiding?  Was she even paying attention at the time it happened?  It looked like she was just off somewhere else mentally at the moment but was in the wrong place at the wrong time.  One mistake or even accident does not make someone dumb, was all I was trying to say.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Everyone makes mistakes, Bruton. But you have to understand that mistakes do not equal stupidity. You cannot honestly think that anyone who is smart never makes any mistakes. This just isn't true at all. Everyone, regardless of intelligence, make mistakes.

Ducky wandering off doesn't make her stupid.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Okay, okay. You guys have a point. I'm sorry. Really, it sort of showed us she has a rather reckless side. Which is good to see occasionally. But the scene didn't really have a point