The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Yellow Bellies and Jar Jar Binks

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It seems that, like Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars, either people hate the yellow bellies or they love them.   There seems to be little in-between.

I think they are cute.  However, others here would like to see them fed to Chomper for some odd reason.   (I agree, Chomper does have to eat, but there is always Rhett and Dana and Dinah.)  

Why are they hated by so many?

I admit, dancing to defeat the Sharpteeth is something we've never seen before and even Chomper has no comment on this as he is like   :wow  :wow

After interviewing Chomper, however, I can see a problem with the Yellow Bellies' plan of "Stick up your tush and look like a bush."

1.)  That won't work on hard ground.
2) It only works if the Sharpteeth aren't in sight yet.  If they see you do that, it would only fool them if they were as boneheaded as Nodd and Mutt.
3.)  There's this thing called smell.  If the Sharpteeth can smell you, even if you look like a Bush, and, if they have your scent, your bush defense is useless.
4.)  (This was more humorous from Chomper)  What if a Sharptooth does fall for it but has to whiz and uses the "bush" to piddle on?  
5.)  Wouldn't Sharpteeth wonder where all of those brightly colored bushes came from?  The Gang of Five might have fallen for it, but would an older Sharptooth fall for it?

One of the things that most annoys me about the Yellow Bellies, though I think they are so amusing, is how selfish they are.  They go and eat the berries in sight and take them all right before the kids can eat any.  

Also, considering how much they consume, one wonders how long the berries in Berry Valley will last before they all get depleted.  They almost eat like Spike.  

Luckily, the Yellow Bellies best defense seems to be running, as they can sure run.  (They might be able to beat Ruby the Fast Runner in a race.)  

I admit, this movie seems to be where Littlefoot is most shown to be bigoted, which is also a turn from tolerant Littlefoot.  He seems to think they can't do anything on their own (kind of hard to blame him at times!!!)  and must teach them the Longneck Wisdoms and feels that he has to help them, even staying out past dark, despite promising not to, to help them out.  

Still, it was nice, like in film II and VIII, to have Littlefoot learn that he doesn't know everything.  

At least the grown up Great Valley residents are shown to be acting like adults rather than like arguing children like they did in films III and V.

(P.S., the poll I made, I had thought I was adding it to this thread till I realized, near when I was done making it, that it was making a separate one.  Sorry about that.  Still learning the forums.   :oops  )

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well I think it's because of how dull-minded they are with little redeeming qualities except that they don't get angry really. I mean like you said their defense mechanism as not smart, but also they seem to be kinda fat, they make funny noises both from bouncing and when or before talking, they say weird things, and yeah like you said, selfish; because they don't think before they act if you ask me lol