The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Would an unresolved LBT movie ever be allowed?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, I was wondering, you know how some series have the conflict from one continue into the next (actually, quite a few do).  LBT hasn't had this happen yet, as the plot always seems resolved at the end for the most part.  

Would it go over well with the fans if they did this ever, especially if the ending to the first film where they did this was rather dark and people might be uneasy about how the next film goes.   I mean, on the one hand, they'd be itching to know how it is resolved and it might increase sales.  On the other, kids who might be upset about the dark ending of the first one in such a series might make a fuss and LBT can't really stand for another bust.  

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good thought there... maybe? :p I'm not sure if it'd work out that well with a movie. It's a really great idea for a series for sure... Everytime I watch Naruto I'm always like "how many episodes until there is one WITHOUT a cliffhanger at the end" :p
Inactive, probably forever.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Basically what I meant was kinda of like we saw between Star Wars Episodes II and III and also between Star Wars Episodes V and VI, where the plot doesn't seem quite resolved in the first set like they kinda did in films I and IV but left films III and VI to resolve it.  

(In the II-III, it was the Clone Wars, in films V-VI, it was the whole "No, I am your father" thing.)  

Anyway, the best spot for a cliff hanger is basically one where they are older and it could have something really dark happen at the end of the second to last film and leave a great urge from the fans to find out how it's resolved (It brings in the $$$ and makes us happy so why not?)  and then, in the very last film, resolve it and finally show the next generation of dinos, perhaps learning how the characters got to the Great Valley and all that and their many adventures and stuff, kinda like hinted at in the end of the very first film, only we'd actually get to see it happen.