The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Your LBT movie

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I think there should be an official sequel where Littlefoot is a father and has kids of his own. That way, they can still make sequels to the first movie where they are still kids.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Maybe, maybe not, it up to the directors to choice. But I wonder what it would be like seeing the gang as adults

-Threehorn

(btw we reached past 10,000 posts in total today)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
"But I wonder what it would be like seeing the gang as adults."

Better yet, no sequels not done by Don Bluth at all. As much as I do like the sequels, I do widh that they were al more like the original. Is that asking too much?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No idea

I think his retired.

-Threehorn

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Threehorn,Mar 20 2005 on  05:35 PM
No idea

I think his retired.

-Threehorn
He is currently working on a Dragon's Lair movie.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Much as I'd appreciate a land before time movie made by Don Bluth I'm afraid this is a vain hope. For all I read Mr. Bluth does not hold only fond memories to LBT. In fact he did have some arguments with Steven Spielberg about it. I even read members of Don Bluth's staff writing with a certain disdain about the sequels of LBT on Don Bluth's webpage. Really, I don't believe that Don Bluth is ever going to create another LBT movie on the basis provided by the sequels released so far.
I think some of us are clinging to a false hope about this much as I regret seeing it that way  :(
As for Littlefoot and the others growing up, it will be a neverending merry go round among those who like the idea and those who don't (which includes me)  :lol
No reason to argue about it as both views have indisputable points in their favor and in the last instance it is a matter of taste.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Gotta double on those notions there Malte. As sad as it may seem, Don Bluth and co. do not seem to be the types for creating sequels. I think the closest thing to a sequel Bluth did was the Bartok the Magnificent which was a spin-off of Anastacia. It would be nice to see another LBT sequel from the main man himself but I dont think we will be...I'm not even sure if the franchise is still in his possession. He might have sold it off to Universal and that's why they had Smith and Grosvenor working on them instead. Also, with the whole turning into adults thing, I am very anti that idea. It's evident that the gang have grown up but I dont like the same tramline idea of having kid character turning into adults over time. So many films do it and I'm glad LBT hasnt followed the trend.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Glad to see it as well. maybe them being in the Great Valley a safery place don't need a quick growth like the ones outside. But also they have grown up a little bit compained to hatchlings. to the gang the hatchings only go knee height of Cera, Littlefoot and Spike so there is a sign that they are bigger and older by a good amount of years.

don't know how many but it don't really matter it still great to see the gang as they are and learning so much on their advanagers.

-Threehorn

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm not even sure if the franchise is still in his possession. He might have sold it off to Universal and that's why they had Smith and Grosvenor working on them instead.
Don Bluth indeed doesn't possess the franchise. Almost all land before time products bear the inscription:
The land before time and related characters
are trademarks and copyrights of Universal
Studios and U-Drive Productions, Inc.
Licensed by Universal Studios Licensing LLLP.
All Rights Reserved.

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
About realism in LBT:

If "sharpteeth" aren't allowed into the Great Valley, wouldn't the local ecosystem suffer? In real ecosystems, carnivores ensure that herbivores don't eat too much of the plant life. I wouldn't be surprised if the Valley foliage gets eaten up in a year or two, causing the herbivores to either starve to death or look elsewhere for food (now THAT would make a good sequel: The Land Before Time XIII: Search for a New Home)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It appears that the permanent population of the Great Valley is relatively small while there are herds visiting the valley to just stay a few days time and again (Ali's herd in LBT 4, the farwalkers in LBT 7, the spiketails in LBT 8). Those herds seem to have a sense for when to move on not to eat away what those need who permanently live in the Great Valley. This is most obvious in case of the LBT 8 spiketails.
I don't really think that it would be a good idea to let them search for a new home to stay forever, for except for the "staying forever" matter this is basically what they did in LBT 5 and LBT 8 already. The different ways of life, of migrating herds and "valley dwellers" though could be an interesting element in a story. A story perhaps involving Ali's herd.
One thing that seems to be missing in the ecosystem of the Great Valley are scavengers. They too could make an interesting element in a story (how do the others deal with them?).

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
To start, I'd make it FAR less kiddy. Something that would appeal to us as teens and young adults. I'd have the gang A LITTLE BIT older (say teens or preteens), have some promonant characters return (Pterano (duh), Dinah and Dana (I'd like to see them again), others that don't make a show in the other sequels and series), and make it REALLY intense. Plus, the fliers would be eating fish  :DD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I''d like it if they write good stories that made sense.  It is possible to write for multiple age levels so young kids enjoy things as well as older kids, teens and adults.  That would be nice nice I think, with some of the more serious storylines from the earlier sequels.  Though every one of the sequels doesn't need to be like that.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
More action, more intricate subplots, and more characters from previous sequels would be cool.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ptyra,Jul 20 2008 on  10:30 PM
To start, I'd make it FAR less kiddy. Something that would appeal to us as teens and young adults. I'd have the gang A LITTLE BIT older (say teens or preteens), have some promonant characters return (Pterano (duh), Dinah and Dana (I'd like to see them again), others that don't make a show in the other sequels and series), and make it REALLY intense. Plus, the fliers would be eating fish.
Hmm. Sounds similar

My wish list:
  • Darker themes
  • More action
  • Less kiddy
  • (Malte's gonna have a seizure about this...) More violence (Stop at PG-13, please)
  • Pterano returning
  • NO singing
  • MORE super sharpteeth
  • Make the gang the equivalent of 12-16 years old
  • More intricate plot
  • More high tension moments
My ultimate wish would be movie versions of these Land Before Time fan fics: Out of the Shadows, Land Before Time: Twilight Valley, Star Wars: The Land Before Time: A Jedi's Destiny, Land Before Time: War of the Worlds, Time Gate X, Land Before Time: The Mysterious World

The authors are, in order: Dark Hououmon, Serris, jedi472, Falcon88 (not member of this forum), Cyber Lizard, Threehorn

Ok, ok, I know that each fan fic I listed has a rating over "G" (2 are rated "R" and 3 are rated "PG-13" and only 1 is rated "PG") and the chance of a dark, gritty, violent, SF influenced and/or post-apocolyptic Land Before Time movie coming out is almost nonexistant.

*Powers up flame shield due to call for increased violence in LBT*

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd like to see one or two of my fanfics made into movies. one I have posted on fanfiction.net already but it only has 1 chapter u so far.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd like to see my second fanfic (Which is still in the works) made into a movie.  it will have Darker themes,More action,Less kiddy,More violence (Stop at PG-13, please)Make the gang the equivalent of 12-16 years old,More intricate plot,More high tension moments
these are the themes my next fanfic will have. and like most of the fanfic in the list it will have humans!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, no way hose!  Absolutely no killing off any of the children, for Pete's sake :(!  Like Malte, I will have a seizure if they ever come out with an LBT project beyond a PG rating.  I mean, yeah, I like dark themes but not to extent of the death of any of the beloved children.  If I had the opportunity to improve future LBT projects, I'd go back to basics: have the songs be more meaningful and less childish, bring back the suspense of the first four movies(I mention sequel four due to the scenes of Cera being washed down the river and Ducky getting her lights knocked out), and make the dilemmas the children face more intense and moving.  I disagree with bloodshed, as the murder of Littlefoot's mother was more than I could stomach for an animated film :x.  That's my two cents on what I would like to see change in the LBT franchise :yes.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jul 22 2008 on  10:57 PM
Oh, no way hose!  Absolutely no killing off any of the children, for Pete's sake :(!  Like Malte, I will have a seizure if they ever come out with an LBT project beyond a PG rating.  I mean, yeah, I like dark themes but not to extent of the death of any of the beloved children.  If I had the opportunity to improve future LBT projects, I'd go back to basics: have the songs be more meaningful and less childish, bring back the suspense of the first four movies(I mention sequel four due to the scenes of Cera being washed down the river and Ducky getting her lights knocked out), and make the dilemmas the children face more intense and moving.  I disagree with bloodshed, as the murder of Littlefoot's mother was more than I could stomach for an animated film :x.  That's my two cents on what I would like to see change in the LBT franchise :yes.
Yeah I agree about that with the gang. my second will defentily have moments of suspense.