The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

ali in lbt 12

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I guess we all agree on one point: Ali should return either on a new movie, or in the TV series, so that the promess is kept.
English is a very tricky language, the usage of the word love can have all kinds of meanings, and not the only one of romance. Now, as kids grow up they usually pair out with other people and call them their girlfriend or boyfriend even if there is nothing remotely similar to love, and Littlefoot and Ali, are kids, as much as I prefer to see them as mature characters the series has taken its turn to make them more childish, for that in my opinion there has been a slight decrease in quality since lbt 4. I would be opened for a relationship between Ali and Littlefoot, it existing would be just a more tight friendship than the one Littlefoot experiences with the rest of the gang and nothing more. I agree with Littlefoot1616, there would be some sort of unbalance in the equilibrium created amongst the gang, but still I'd love it if Ali could stay in the great valley or become a more often guest star, I can't see any wrong coming out of it.
As for LBT 4, I do agree with Malte that it makes no sense for a herd to come to the great valley and leave in a couple of days, expecially after a long journey, they probably rested for at least a week, and I do believe that is enough time to form a ever lasting relationship (take it as friendship =p).
As for Grandpa and Grandma Longneck being the "leaders" of the valley, we'll I've been studying a bit of psychology, and I've just finished a work about the accomplishments of late life. We might take it for granted, but most of the world leaders were and are people of over 60 years old. Grandma and Granpa are clearly the most elderly dinosaurs in the valley, and seem very experienced and wise, so it's only natural the others will listen to them and seem themas some sort of guidance counselers (not sure on the spelling =x).
I have a theory about the how they're going to take Chomper off that island. If you remember LBT 5, Chomper says that there isn't much food on the island, so him and his parents have no reason to stay. Furthermore, I guess that land strip that helped the gang to reach the island isn't permantly gone, it's just probably underwater for a period of time due to a rise in the tides, and maybe it only shows up a few months a year, and when it reappears Chomper and his parents will seize their chance. I also believe that Chomper knows the way back to the great valley, he was born there, and came from there to the island, he might not know how to get in, but he and his parents surely know where it is.
Another theory is that we must look at the big picture. Through out the lbt's from 4 to 11, we have witnessed weird phenomenons, there is something happening to the planet, maybe the final extinction of the dinosaurs? I don't know where they are going with that, but it could make a very interesting ending for the land before time series, the gang, all the fokes in the great valley and all the dino's they met over the years, coming together to find the last safe haven on earth, maybe they would have to move out of the valley for survival, or maybe that safe haven is the valley, something around this, to finish what they were trying to start with the first movie. For a planet that was overgoing some tough changes they seemed to find many green areas out-side the valley, what if that is changing? I hope they try to make something out of this, make it a more mature plot and find a suitable ending for the series, I really can't see the lbt lasting forever, 11 movies is more than enough, and maybe the only thing that's keeping them together, their D. Sebastian (look up on portuguese history to get where I'm going with this =p) is the return of Ali.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
in response littlefoot, Ali's addition would only slightly tilt the makeup of the group, yes there would be more longnecks, but the others still make up a bigger part of the group. In any case, I don't think that Ducky Petrie and Spike would care one bit that Ali has joined them, indeed I think they would start building relationships with her.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
In any case, I don't think that Ducky Petrie and Spike would care one bit that Ali has joined them, indeed I think they would start building relationships with her.

Oh yeah for sure Nick! I don't deny that for a second! I'm just mentioning that I reckon the idea of all 5 of the gang being different was decided for a very specific reason is all. I never said that the concept couldn't work! I'm sure the gang and Ali would get together like a house on fire (a phrase from my housemate...his words :P: ). But in somehow, I just think the bond between the gang would be "weakened" slightly if there was an uneven ratio of species within the group. I think that is their strongest standing ground. I'm not saying Ali's bad news! Far from it! I just reckon it's better off this way with Ali possibly making guest visits every now and again rather than her being a permanent member of the gang. :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You raise a good point Littlefoot.. but to be honest I don't see where ali's addition would weaken the bond between Littlefoot and the gang. They've been through so much together that their bond is very very strong. their bond would easily survive the addition of ali, and any weakening that happens would be temporary. In the long term the bonds that are built between Ali and the rest of the gang would ore than make up for any initial weakening.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
presicly it wouldnt make any diffrence if ali does join but the idia is such a larg step and the fact that the gangs bonds are so high it wouldnt make any diffrence also sence the gang has already excepted her as a friend theres no sence to beleave that they wouldent excepte her as part of the gang and the fact that there can be a relationship between ali and littlefoot also doesnt mean that it cant happen and the fact that there kids still has no factor in the equation as i said in my last reply any relation is plausible at any age it doesnt matter but the idia that the two would have such a relationship is also a big step but in my opinion would be an important role in the series cause i seriusly doubt that there going to have littlefoot go through his life without a companion that fills the void that the others can not fill

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Of course Titan, but that is a long way off... at the moment I think adding ali as a permanent sixth member would be enough change. We don't want to ruin the series by turning it all mushy :P:
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
:yes of caurse your right also the idia realy is a good step forward havig ali as a 6th member would be a big chang wether or not its good or bad in many opinions this chang would be good but sometimes chang can have its coniquences
( :blink: did i spell that right)and your also right that sence the wrighters have made the series for kids they have no intention of making it mushy like other shows and wont use the idia for some time

:D and you can call me david ok just dont use it to often only when you going to use a short name for me

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ok David, I usually address people by their alias names. :P:  Habit of mine
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
to me its good to have habits it makes you who you are in my expirence

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
At any rate, Ali will not be in 12, LBT 13 is a possibility, maybe 14. I hold out more hope for her being put in the series, especially if the series does well.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
i hate to chang the subject but i have a question how can i post pictures so i can show them in one setting without having to email them can you tell me

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The only way you may post pictures now, is through another website (like your own image host).  This is because the Gang of Five has reached its upload limit, and there is simply no space available to upload more images.  Uploading directly at the Gang of Five has been Disabled until further notice.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
ok but i can just simply email them thats easy for me but to email the same pic is tiring for me do to all the clicking or just send them to roger for his opinion

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I do think that the constant presence of another character would interfere seriously with the land before time as we knew it all along. In a German LBT magazine of 2000 / 2001 (most regretably it wasn't continued after the first four issues) they had a comic in which the impression was raised that Chomper was a permanent member of the group. Apparently Cera's father didn't mind his presence.
I admit that this is a bad example as in Chomper's case there is a problem different from the one we would have should Ali be made a permanent member. There is this inequality in the number of representatives of a single species which Littlefoot1616 pointed out already. At first sight it might appear like we were talking about some kind of government which seems entirely inappropriate when dealing with a group of dinosaurs. However it is very likely that Littlefoot and Ali would agree on many issues and would form a kind of "fraction" within the group while the others are largely "on their own" with their individual opinions.
Have you been around good friends before and after they got a girl- / boy-friend? Have you been around them while their partners where there too? There is a difference in behaviour on both ends. Even when we give credit to the fact that they are still kids so such a change in behaviour would not be as distinct as in case of teenagers or young adults I still think it would create a very different mood in LBT. Therefore I'm looking forward to see Ali again but would be very sceptical at least about any plans to make her a permanent character.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You mean a faction? Yes there is that possibility, however, I think that once the relationships are built up between Ali and the others (Cera, Ducky etc) the group would adapt to the changes. In other words, the rest of the group would get used to the changes in the relationships they have made. Also remember that there may be disagreements between Littlefoot and Ali, indeed there would be. All relationships, on every level, have diagreements and arguments.So we cannot say that just because there are two longnecks that they will agree on everything. Indeed I think that adding ali would expand the wide range of personalities in the group. When we first saw Ali, she was shy, andreluctant to be friends with anyone but other longnecks. When she left, she had been changed, she was more accepting of others.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Apr 10 2006 on  08:07 AM
You mean a faction? Yes there is that possibility, however, I think that once the relationships are built up between Ali and the others (Cera, Ducky etc) the group would adapt to the changes. In other words, the rest of the group would get used to the changes in the relationships they have made. Also remember that there may be disagreements between Littlefoot and Ali, indeed there would be. All relationships, on every level, have diagreements and arguments.So we cannot say that just because there are two longnecks that they will agree on everything. Indeed I think that adding ali would expand the wide range of personalities in the group. When we first saw Ali, she was shy, andreluctant to be friends with anyone but other longnecks. When she left, she had been changed, she was more accepting of others.
Funny you should metion them arguring, as I'll be having them argue in my fic, Dark Future, quite a good amount.

Oh, and no matter what you guys say, you will NOT sway me away from my opinion of the Littlefoot&Ali relationship.  Though I feel I'm trying to sway you onto mine.  I'll stop now. :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We're not going to try :P:   i actuallu agree that there may be something there, but 'romance' is out of the question for now. Perhaps when they get older and mature, but definitely not now? I doubt, when we were kids that we had any idea what 'love' is, apart from the 'love' we felt for our parents and they felt for us. littlefoot and the gang are no different, although Ali perhaps has been told about 'love' by her mother while they were traveling with the herd. Since we can prove that with any certainty, it must remain only a guess.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Platvoet en zijn Vriendjes

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/landbeforetime
Too bad we have to wait so long for her... waited for 7 movies to see a come-back of her. I really doubt if they will bring Ali back.. But still from deep inside i still really want to see her again onscreen.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
she's coming back in my LBT story. but as a perminant charactor :D .

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Apr 9 2006 on  11:34 PM
ok but i can just simply email them thats easy for me but to email the same pic is tiring for me do to all the clicking or just send them to roger for his opinion
Why would you need my opinion to post pictures?  Register at photobucket, imageshack, etc. and you can mostly post whatever you want.